I'm a Mess

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun’s POV         

            “What are you doing?” I asked Yoona.

            Yoona sighed as she put down her pen.  My friend frowned as she stared at the stack of papers on the table before her.  Her swollen belly was getting bigger, and she still had not contacted her husband.  The time away from her husband seemed to have been doing more bad for her than good.  I noticed that she was forcing herself to eat only so that the food could nourish her unborn child.  I knew she didn’t initially want the baby inside of her, but she did love him or her already.

            “I’m making a schedule,” she informed me, “I’m going to schedule every single day for the next two years so I can get back on track with my career and raise my baby at the same time.”

            I quickly glanced at the papers scattered all over the tables, and I didn’t see Seunghyun’s name anywhere on the schedule.  Was Yoona really planning on raising her child without Seunghyun?  I feared for her because I knew it was going to be difficult on her own.  I knew what Seunghyun did was wrong, but to cut him out of her life entirely was bizarre, radical, and exaggerated.

            “What about Seunghyun?” I suddenly asked.

            She stopped moving and stared blankly at her papers.  I knew she was depressed over the whole ordeal, but she needed to think about it.  She needed to make her move.  Seunghyun had tried to talk to her again, but she would make threats about leaving him for sure if he didn’t keep away.  At one point, it got so dangerous, and she threatened to bring harm to herself when he refused to leave her.  I knew it was an empty threat, and I was pretty sure Seunghyun knew she was bluffing.  He didn’t want to risk any of that, and he quickly left her presence.

            “I think I might have to divorce him,” Yoona said quietly.

            I burst out, “You love him!  You can’t do that to yourself and your baby!”

            “Yes, I love him!” Yoona exclaimed, “I love him so damned much, but I can’t even stand to look at him.  He betrayed me, Seohyun!  He was the man I trusted the most, and he betrayed me.  I had been dreaming to become a great surgeon since I was ten years old, Seohyun.  This goal is not just a goal.  It’s my life dream.  I wanted to be a surgeon since I saw the power it held.  I wanted to be the one to save hundreds of lives.  I wanted to make a difference.  My own husband took that away from me.  Tell me.  Would you trust the person who took your dream away from you?”

            I sighed as I took a seat.  I removed my lab coat and unwrapped my stethoscope and then I set it down on the table.  I knew she was emotionally beat, but she needed to look at it with a logical stance. 

            “He betrayed you—yes,” I sighed, “But he’s still your husband.  He’s still the father of your child.  He’s still going to be in your life, Yoona unnie.  That’s something that you’ll never be able to change.”

_____________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            I was working on a pediatric patient with Dr. Son, and I had finally finished my part.  I had just repaired the left ventricle in the patient’s heart, and Dr. Son just had to close on the patient.  I removed my gloves as the surgical nurse beside me began to untie the surgical gown around my body. 

            “Why did you change so much?” Ga-in asked.

            I looked at her as her eyes quickly darted from the patient’s open chest to me.  Everyone else in the operation room kept quiet, and I noticed that everyone kind of avoided me.  Word traveled fast, and they knew that my marriage was on the rocks.  They knew that Yoona was staying at Seohyun and Yuri’s apartment.

            I really missed my wife, and I felt my insanity increasing over time.  I wanted her in my arms, but she was still so angry with me.  Weeks had passed, but it felt like years.  She was already over seven months pregnant, and she was going to be in labor in a few months.  I wanted to be by her side for that time, but I knew that she wasn’t going to let me at this rate.

            “Don’t tell me that one woman is going to make you act like some kind of fool,” Ga-in scoffed.

            I glared at her quickly, “Don’t you dare talk about my wife like that.”

            I said it rudely, but I didn’t care.  I knew that she didn’t like Yoona because Yoona was better than her.  Yoona was a better surgeon, and the rumor mills claimed that Yoona was going to be the head of pediatric surgery once she finished her pediatric fellowship. 

            Ga-in slowly rolled her eyes at me as she reached for a surgical tool on the tray.

            “I’m just saying what everyone’s too afraid to tell you,” Ga-in stated, “You’re too crazy in love for Yoona.  It’s kind of obvious that she isn’t going to take you back.”

______________________

Yoona’s POV

            “How are you?” Taecyeon asked me.

            I knew that he felt guilty for everything.  He thought that it was his fault that I had moved out of my own home.  In reality, it wasn’t his fault.  He just wanted me to know the truth.  He never told me to leave Seunghyun because that was my own choice.  I was still wondering if I wanted to leave him permanently.  I was still angry, but Seohyun did have a point.  Seunghyun was going to be a part of my life forever because of our child together.

            “I’m doing okay,” I lied, “I started a schedule to get back on track when I go back to work.”

            I forced a smile on my face as Taecyeon frowned.  He forced himself to eat a bite of his burger while he stared in guilt.  I didn’t know why he was so guilty.  Jessica told me that she and Jiyong knew about Seunghyun’s plans, but I forgave them because they came clean with it.  He was one of the few that were honest with me, and I thanked Taecyeon for that.

            “I just feel bad,” he sighed, “I am the reason why you two aren’t together at the moment.”

            “It’s not your fault,” I assured him, “It was my decision.”

            He swallowed, “Yoona, I wanted to let you know that I liked you.  I liked you for a long time.”

            I was speechless at first because it was pretty sudden.  I nervously swallowed and then gulped a mouthful of water from my glass.

            “I was a little secretive about it, but I want you to know that I want you to go back to Seunghyun,” he pleaded, “He’s a mess without you, and even though I hate him half of the time, I want him to be happy.  I know you’re happy with him, too.”

            “I am happy with him,” I admitted, “I just can’t trust him right now.”

            Taecyeon leaned on his elbow and took a deep breath.

            “I had never defended him.  He grew up thinking that I was his cousin, but I knew he was my younger brother,” Taecyeon stated.

            What the hell?  Taecyeon and Seunghyun were brothers?  What in the world was happening?  The shock was evident on my face as my jaw dropped and I stared at Taecyeon.  Seunghyun must have known, and he never told me.

            “Your husband knew,” Taecyeon informed me, “He was probably going to tell you, but this whole argument happened with you two.”

            He then began to tell me about the whole ordeal.  He told me that they shared the same father, but Taecyeon was the result of an affair between the then president of South Korea and Taecyeon’s mother.  I was in amazement that such a thing happened.  It would be painful to look at your siblings and claim to be their cousin.  He was the outcast in the family, and I guessed that was the reason why they had that little rivalry.

            “He thinks that I don’t know him well, but I do,” he claimed, “I know him very well, and meeting you probably was the best thing that happened to him.  He loves you with all his heart, and he did this with good intentions.  He was only trying to complete his dream.  He wanted children with the perfect woman.  We don’t live in a perfect world, but he trie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter