Chapter Two ~ Coffee Stroll

Me? A dancer? I don't think so . . . Yet!


"So....he did what again?" Athena asked, trying to figure out what exactly happened. The two girls were walking off campus, bags packed with notebooks and pens slung over shoulders, bouncing softly against their backs with each step away from the buildings. Kleio sighed before repeating,
"He gave me a whole bunch of stuff to earn more money. He knows everything Minnie! He knows about Jai, about the apartment-"
"About your two jobs?" Athena asked with wide eyes as she looked up at her friend, cutting her off. 
Kleio shook her head.
"No, he doesn't know about that, but he knows about practically everything else." Kleio sighed, worry and annoyance lacing her tired voice. 
Suddenly, "RRRRRAAAAAIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHOUABSHIBCADJIVBD!!!" 
Athena stopped, looking up to her side in shock at the sudden, inhuman sound before narrowing her eyes and hitting Kleio upside the head. 
"Ow!" Kleio exclaimed, jolting forwards slightly upon impact, "What was that for?!"
"That," Athena started sassily, scolding her friend like the eomma she is, "Was for scaring me half to death by making some ridiculous, deranged animal-like noise whilst yawning and flapping your monkey arms like a parrot. Don't scare me again and I won't hit you. Simple."
Kleio gave her a dead-panned look, blinking slowly in the typical bored fashion she's so accustomed to showing.
Athena raised her hand up to hit her once more and watched in satisfaction as Kleio cringed, covering her head with her hands protectively. 
Athena simply flicked her hard on the forehead and carried on walking. 
"Aish!" Kleio said as she flinched, walking to catch up with Athena once more. 
They continued their bickering until they reached the cafe, entering the staff door and immediately changing into their uniforms after dumping their bags into their lockers. 
They walked through to the front counter and immediately took up their positions, Kleio behind the coffee machines and Athena behind the cash register and window with all the small cakes and sweets. 
The two were the only ones on shift other than their boss, JongSik. 
They immediately became immersed in their work, making orders and waitressing them to their respective tables. 
An hour and a half had passed but neither seemed to realise as the stream of customers remained more or less the same and before long it was time to close for the day. 
Athena walked towards the main doors, pulling them shut and locking them before flipping the sign from OPEN to CLOSED. 
She then closed the blinds as Kleio wiped over the tables and the counter top. 
They changed back out of their work uniform and exited the building, a warm coffee each in one's hand made by Kleio and a few small sweets picked by Athena in a small brown muffin box that she carried in her other hand. 
Kleio let out a breath as they walked lesuirely down the streets, watching in slight amusement as her breath became a warm cloud in the cold night air before dispersing completely. 
"Do you have any lectures tomorrow?" Kleio asked Athena softly, breaking the comfortable silence as they shivered slightly from the fresh, evening air. 
The sun was about half an hour from setting and it sent a light golden glow across everything. 
"Ne...I have Japanese at 9:30am then I have fashion and design at 12:30pm so I'm going to stay in the library between the two and work on my assessments that are due." Athena answered, thinking hard. 
Kleio nodded quietly, scuffing her feet on the sidewalk as they turned down a familiar street. 
"Do you have any lectures tomorrow?" Athena asked, turning her head up slightly so that her voice wasn't muffled by her jacket. 
"Oh...aniyo. I don't have any classes tomorrow but I do have taekwondo practice from 8am until 12pm. I'll be able to hang out after your lecture." She added cheerily with a wide smile plastered on her face. 
Athena grinned at her friend as they walked up the stairs to one of the houses. 
Kleio stopped and Athena turned to her. 
"Stay for dinner? Please?" She tried to persuade the younger female with her aegyo. 
"Aish! Stop that! Hajima Minnie! You know I can't resist your aegyo.....and you know I can't stay for dinner." Kleio replied softly with a sad smile replacing her earlier grin. 
Athena sighed, nodding once,
"I know...I was just hoping..." She trailed off.
The two hugged for a moment before Athena walked back inside. 
She stopped as she remembered the sweets she had in her hand, their empty coffee cups long disposed of. 
"Oh! I almost forgot-"
"No no no. Give my share to your mum Athena. Have them after dinner." Kleio cut her off, already walking down the few small steps back onto the path. 
Athena looked warily from the box to her friend before asking,
"Are you sure?" Kleio nodded simply before waving and making her way back up the street. 
Athena waved a little before turning and entering the house, greeting her mother who was in the kitchen. 

Kleio sighed, walking faster with hands pushed deep in her jacket pockets as the fresh evening air slowly turned into cool and crisp night air. 
She turned, lifting her eyes momentarily from the concreted path that lay in front of her to the large, brightly lit building with the words "Seoul Hospital" written in both English and Hangul on the front of it. 
She quickened her pace and sighed in contempt as she entered the warmth of the waiting area. She walked past the receptionist, greeting her with a small smile as she waited patiently for the elevator to arrive. 
She rode it up and manoeuvred her way through the halls and floors before finally coming to a familiar room. 
She took a deep breath, her hands twitching nervously by her side before opening her eyes and quietly knocking on the door. 
She slowly entered, despite the lack of a welcoming voice, and slowly shuffled over to the man laid out on the white hospital bed, wires supporting a steady but weak pulse and tubes feeding the man food and fluids. 
She sat on the chair by the left side of his torso, in-between him and the window, and smiled sadly. 
"Hey big bro...I miss you"
The girl immediately broke down, leaning her head and arms on the edge of the bed and crying freely. 
"I miss you so much..."


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update! I've been moving house and I literally just got internet and wifi connection about 3hrs ago but I've been too busy unpacking boxes and moving stuff to upload chapter two until now! So here's a late update before I go to sleep. Please stick with this story as I know it will turn out to be interesting and exciting and I hope you'll agree soon!

REMEMBER  the poster competition thingy is still running. I have yet to receive posters so please send me your posters for this story!!! If you need anything, to talk, become friends or just advice then please don't be afraid and don't hesitate to private message me! I am more than willing to talk to you guys and I'll make an effort to talk with whoever wants to as much as possible!!

 

~ If you wanna be my friend...PM me! Hahah ~

WI.L.L Michin xoxo