Chapter One ~ Pain? Pshhhh

Me? A dancer? I don't think so . . . Yet!


"Yeah!" She fist pumped the air from her stretcher on the side of the court as her team scored the last basket.
Her raven haired friend huffed, rolling her eyes as she pushed her injured companion back down onto the stretcher.
"Lay down, you're injured. This is where people take care of you, pabo." She instructed her friend as the two school medics picked up the stretcher, carrying it out of the gym.
"Ahh, you know I don't like showing weakness Athena." The girl sighed nonchalantly, folding her arms behind her head. 
Athena sighed soundlessly as she walked beside the stretcher, shifting her books in her arms which were held to her chest.
"Being hurt isn't weakness, Kleio, it's proving that you're human....pabo." She added, poking her tongue out as her friend gave her a shocked look from her spot on the stretcher. 
They turned into the sick room where the campus nurse told them to transfer her to the school sick bed and off the stretcher.
"Thank you." She bowed her head respectfully from her seated position, the two sports medics bowing back before leaving the room. 
She leaned back against the headboard, a pillow placed in-between for comfort. 
Athena sat on the chair beside her, placing a wrapped cold pack over her friends rolled ankle.
"I don't even know why I needed a stretcher." Kleio mused, crossing her arms.
"It's because you continued to play for 15 minutes after you rolled your ankle even when the coach told you to get off. " Athena said incredulously to which Kleio just shrugged, mumbling something along the lines of; "Didn't hurt anyway."
*SMACK*
"Ow!" 
Kleio rubbed the back of her head where Athena's hand had made sudden and hard contact. Athena suppressed a chuckle, her iconic smirk already covering her face.
"Well now that we have a free lesson, what did you want to tell me?" 
Kleio sighed and got more comfortable as she started talking.
"You know how I need the money?" Athena nodded, "well there's a contest coming up, It's a rap contest. I've got one sorted out but I need to try it out and practice. I was wondering if we could go to the campus recording studio sometime this week to try it out?" Kleio asked nervously.
Athena chuckled, "Of course we can pabo. I'm your friend, of course I'll help you!" She reached over giving her a small hug. 
Kleio laughed, "Thank you." 
The siren sounded.
"Right," Kleio said, nudging the ice pack off her slightly numb ankle, "Let's go to the last lecture." She swung her legs to the side, slowly applying pressure to stand up. She wobbled a bit. 
Athena dashed towards her quickly, wrapping one of her friends arms over her shoulders as she took some of her friend's weight. 
Kleio looked up, flashing a gummy smile as they walked out of the room. 
They headed to the main hallway before stopping. 
Kleio pulled her arm back and turned to Athena, giving her a small hug before waving goodbye as she lightly limped to her lecture room.
"See you after!" Kleio called out. She made a face before walking off. 
Kleio laughed, shaking her head as she limped to class. 
Athena had been Kelio's friend ever since Kleio became a student here. She had moved from Australia when she was 16 and has been friends with Athena who moved from Tokyo at the same time for the past 4 years. The two are practically inseparable. They are yin and yang, Kleio, the hope-run fun loving happy virus who is the more tomboyish in the pair and Athena, the creepy cute, realistic, more girly one in the pair. Not girly enough to love the colour pink and wear makeup like a second skin but girly enough to actually own dresses and skirts and heels apart from the university uniform (which is basically whatever you want and the uni blazer over the top).
Kleio limped into the room, a few students already talking quietly to each other, and sat at her desk which was the second away from the window in the second last row. 
She sat down, placing her books down as well,  organising them neatly and shifting in her seat comfortably before
*THUMP* 
her head hit her books making a soft thump as she shut her eyes tiredly. 
Today was too much. 
First her Art essay, then that ridiculous episode at break where the queenkas tipped her lunch on floor, then rolling her ankle in her basketball game. 
She was ready to go home and go to bed. 
She sighed, turning to rest her chin on her hands as she opened her eyes, remembering that she had a shift at the café after her day at university was over. 
She dragged herself up as the professor walked in, suddenly aware of the presence of her desk mate who was leaning against the window, asleep. 
She chuckled, nudging him in the side with her elbow. 
He shot up slightly, startled at the sudden appearance of the professor as he started paying attention. 
She smiled discreetly before starting on the handout the teacher had given everyone. 
30 minutes had passed and Kleio had just finished her last question, sighing in contempt. 
The class room door opened and she looked towards it with the other students as the deputy principal walked in. 
The students all stood and bowed respectfully before sitting back down and Kleio played with her pen as he talked to the professor.
"Miss Wilson would you please follow me?" The deputy said as he held the door open. 
Kelio's eyes widened slightly before she stood up, limping out of the room. 
She limped in pace with the deputy as they talked.
"Now, I don't want to startle you but I've known about your...situation for quite a while Kleio," he started, glancing at her as they stopped outside his office. 
She froze, quickly hiding it as she walked into his office and sat down. 
He took his place behind his desk and pulled out a few stapled pages, handing them to her. 
She looked them over, flipping through them before looking back at him.
"What is all this?" She asked, waving the pages slightly.
He laced his fingers together, leaning his elbows on the desk.
"I've found a few ways for you to earn some extra money, they are mainly competitions around the university, campus and local area and I know that you have quite a talent for quite a few different things so I don't see the harm in trying. 
If you need help or time then don't hesitate to ask and I will try to sort something out."
Kleio bowed as she exited the room, papers in nervous hands as she slowly limped back to her lecture. 
She was in a trance with thoughts of her 'situation' and the competitions whirling around in her brain, giving her a headache. 
She held her head as she walked back into the room, the siren going before she had a chance to sit back down. 
She sighed, today has been too much....but it's still not over!

 


AUTHORS NOTE

Hey everyone! So the first chapter has been written for a little bit but I decided to request my best friend (CaptainSugaKookie) to be my Beta because sometimes......I'm illiterate....it happens....don't judge. SO ANYWAY enjoy the chapter, comment questions and advice etc etc and please enjoy! Also subscribing and up voting are more than welcome so please just enjoy this story and have fun reading!

Oh and I'm still looking for posters for this story so please make as many as you want and submit them!! Good luck everyone~

~If you wanna be my friend.....PM me! Haha~

W.I.L.L Michin xoxo