Chapter 6

Temporary Pain (INDEFINITE HAITUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He almost immediately noticed how the sleek guy in his expensive suit kept his attention focused on Baekhyun. Every now and then the man would gaze at Baekhyun who was oblivious to the pair of eyes trailing him, merrily serving the customers.

Taking a deep breath, Chanyeol pursed his lips, balling his fists on the table.

After apologizing, Baekhyun had asked Chanyeol to eat in the restaurant he was working at.

Chanyeol decided not to mention the fact that he’d planned to eat there anyway.

It’ll be my treat, Baekhyun says and Chanyeol pretends to consider that offer for a minute, tapping his chin thoughtfully before agreeing.

 

Chanyeol discreetly keeps an eye on that sketchy man occupying the corner booth while devouring his Peking duck roast and Chow Mein.

 

“Are you and your roommate okay now?”

 

Baekhyun shuffled around a bit before picking a container to move it to the back room. Lunch time was almost over and there were only a few lingering customers left in the restaurant.

“What?” He asked, picking up a stack of trays and putting them on the sink “Ofcourse we are.”

Jongdae stopped Baekhyun from beating around the bush.

“Come on Baekhyun. Almost everyone knows how you’re so wary around Chanyeol.”

 

Dropping the lidded container, Baekhyun sighed.

 

“Look I don’t know how to explain. It was…. it was kind of a misunderstanding I guess.”

 

Jongdae looked at Baekhyun with a concerned look.

“So everything’s okay now?” Jongdae asked.

“Everything’s okay now.” Baekhyun smiled because friends like Jongdae who actually care didn’t come by often.

Jongdae rubbed his face with the back of his hand marking his cheek with a streak of wheat flour.

“What’s with this mess?” Baekhyun asked, dusting Jongdae's apron as the flour fogged the air making both of them cough.

 

“Don’t ask.” Jongdae replied between coughs.

 

The flour dispensed in the air settles all around them, coloring their faces a translucent shade of white and Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“So that means I can stop giving Chanyeol the cold shoulder huh?" Jongdae inquired as Baekhyun wiped his face with a wet cloth.

 

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun frowned at Jongdae, washing the cloth in a mug of water which had turned white and murky with the flour wiped off their faces.

Jongdae brought in the mop and wiped the floor diligently in careful circular motions.

 

“Well I figured that you didn’t like Chanyeol and I guess somewhere along the way even I started disliking him. He’d try to talk me during class but I never batted him an eye. Totally ignored him.” Jongdae picked up the mop washing it once more as he sweeps it across the floor getting rid of the flour remnants.

 

Baekhyun laughed at Jongdae and went out back to throw away the garbage bags. The dumpster was almost full and Baekhyun flung the black plastic bags as high as he could. They perfectly landed on the pile of trash.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter