The HAN Spark Theory [ 1/ ? ] ft. The SQA-Vic Observation Diaries

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Lu Han, senior high school student, and currently the Student Council President. As much as he loved his job, what he hated the most was paperwork. Which was, at most, 60% of his Council duties. So technically, he only liked 40% of his Council duties. He, and his Internal and External Vice Presidents, 'those two should either get married, or get a room for themselves, stat!', and his trusty Secretary, 'adorable child, why is he even here?', were his usual companions on his 'Endless Nights' of paperwork. 

One, chilly evening, 'okay, but it's only six pm, okay?', Lu Han had just locked the Council room when he got a text from Chanyeol, their acting Public Relations Officer. 

 

From: PRO - Park_CY

Subject: none

Hyung! sry cant walk home w u 2nyt

jin still nt done w practice

sry hyung! i'll make it up 2 u !!!

To: Prezzie Luhannie hyung <3

 

'That stupid kid...', Lu Han thought, as he shifted his messenger bag on his shoulder as he punched in a quick reply of,

 

From: Prezzie Luhannie hyung <3

Subject: GO TO HELL YOU BRAT

rUN WHILEYOU CAN YOU LITTLE

IM GONNA HAVE UR HEADS THE MOMENT I SEE U TWO 

To: PRO - Park_CY

 

But quickly sent a follow-up message:

 

From: Prezzie Luhannie hyung <3

Subject: i'm still mad at u

Careful on your way home

walk Jongin home, k?

if I find out you didn't I'll kill you

To: PRO - Park_CY

 

"Aishh... Tonight's going to be cold as well, huh?" he thought, as he tucked his phoned back into his bag's pocket. He was about to turn towards his apartment's direction, when he saw the bright, inviting lights of his favorite bubble tea shop. He was dead tired, as per usual, so he just groaned and marched into the shop. Inside was as bright as its outside look, the heater just at the right temperature, and cozy booths and the homey smell of freshly baked cakes and pastries. 

The cashier up front was his favorite, a nice, Chinese lady named Song Qian, though her name tag says, 'Victoria', Lu Han still calls her 'Qian jie' all the time. She smiled at Lu Han the moment he stepped in, her welcoming smile ready for anyone who comes in. "How was your day? You look tired lately," the elder said, patting Lu Han on the back good-naturedly.

 

Lu Han could only slump into a seat near the counter. "New school year and all," Lu Han groaned into his bag. He looked up with a dazed expression on his face. "One cup of my usual, please?" Lu Han said slowly. A knowing smile played on Victoria's lips. "To go, right?" she said, as she turned to prepare Lu Han's drink. But before she could even start with Lu Han's drink, the wind chimes by the door jingled, a sign that a customer is on his or her way.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

Song Qian had to stop her college studies because of personal reasons, but the fact that her family had to move from their nice home in Qingdao to a city in Seoul didn't stop her in looking a job to help her parents out a little. She applied, and got accepted at a 24/7bubble tea shop downtown Seoul. She likes the drink itself, and she likes making new friends, so she makes it a point to remember the regular patrons' orders by heart.

On her first day, she met Lu Han. The kid was mumbling something in Mandarin, which so she told him words of comfort in their mother tongue, and boy, was he surprised, or what? The next day, and the succeeding days, Lu Han, as Victoria learned his name was, dropped by after his classes and Council duties, which was also around the time of the start of Qian's shift. Since she was the newbie, she was given the nightshift. At first, she didn't like it, but now that she had new friends to talk to, she's doing well, so far.

 

Another favorite customer of Qian's was the middle-schooler-turned-high-school-boy named Oh Sehun. The boy came by, just around the usual time Lu Han drops by, and always ordered a chocolate bubble tea and a slice of oreo cheesecake to-go. She noticed that Lu Han and Sehun wore identical uniforms, so she put two and two together, and found out that they go to the same school.

One certain night during her shift, she has never thought of anything related to romance until she witnessed "the spark". 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

But before she could even start with Lu Han's drink, the wind chimes by the door jingled, a sign that a customer is on his or her way.

 

Victoria turned just in time to see Oh Sehun, red-nosed from the cold. Sehun gave a small nod of greeting, and Victoria smiled back. Just as Sehun opened his mouth to order, Victoria shook her head and gave the boy an "okay" sign with her hand. The boy looked confused at first, but smiled back nonetheless. She prepared the two boys' drinks while humming this tune she heard on the radio that morning. 

And in practiced and perfected precision, she was done with the two orders, and had delicately placed a slice of cake for Sehun in a tiny box. She rung the bell on the countertop to let the boys know that their orders were done. In an instant, two hands reached out for the cups. Victoria noticed how the two hands touched for a millisecond, which set the two hands to retract and knock the two drinks down on the floor.

 

The two boys, both flustered, each grabbed a cup. Victoria watched the boys exchange cups from behind the counter, watched how Lu Han left with a silent "I'll see you later, then", and watched how Sehun stuttered out a, "What. Just... Happened?", and how Sehun's pale face turned into a bright red shade.

'Omo! Boys and their raging hormones, aishh!'

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

Lu Han sat in his usual seat by the counter. He was dead tired. Too tired to even look up when the chimes by the door rung. 'What have I done in my previous life that I deserve this kind of treatment?' he asked himself as he wallowed in his misery. He heard the usual sounds of the machine thingy that covers the cups securely, and the very familiar sound of the bell that signals that his order was done pulled him out of his train of thoughts. 

He was so dazed, and out of it, that he didn't even noticed the other person by the counter. He only snapped out of his trance-like state when he felt the back of his hand brush against something, which sent sparks to flow through his whole body, sending a chill down his spine. The sudden chill made him drop the cup he had. Muttering a silent Chinese curse to himself, he knelt to pick up his cup, only to be surprised to see 'Chocolate BBTea' written on the side. 

 

He looked up, and 'good heavens what is this beautiful creature before me?' he thought. He had absolutely felt like he was in one of those shoujo manga Jongin would make him read, at that one particular panel with a pink, hazy background, sakura petals fluttering in the wind, everything was in slow motion... 

'Just the two of us, with time standing still, but our hearts racing in one beat...'

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

Before Lu Han could add more damage to his pride,*cough* shoujo feels *cough*, he grabbed for his cup, which was in the stranger's beautiful hands, mumbled a half-hearted 'I'll see you later, then', seeing that the taller boy was also wearing the same uniform as he. He made a run for the door without even waiting for the other's reaction, and felt bad that he forgot to pay Qian jie and say good bye. "I didn't even get the cute guy's name..." Lu Han thought with a pout. 

He punched a hole through the plastic cover, sipping sweet, taro flavored tea and a few boba. He walked home in silence, okay, not really, since he was slurping up his boba really loud, and he was grumbling under his breath, but still. He reached his apartment, and unlocked the door. Used to the silence, and the dark, he threw his bag on the couch and plopped down beside it. 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

'I wonder if I'll ever see that kid in school...' were Lu Han's last thoughts, before drifting off to sleep, with dreams filled with the sound of wind chimes, cute, red-nosed boys with rainbow hair, and chocolate bubble tea.


 Since it was my birthday yesterday, maybe just now, or whatever wherever you are, I made another update for this long-abandoned baby!! I think I'll be able to post, like, two updates for each fic this week, since I had to re-read everything and polish it (I don't get beta-readers..? I proofread my stuff by myself..?).

New subscribers, yay! Thanks, you guys! I hope you enjoy the double update!! 

Something new: I'd like to add Victoria, and make her, like a spectator, but the kind noona/jie who helps out the boys, and make the bubble tea shop, like, everyone's rendezvous, or something...

Anyway, enjoy!