MIXED FEELINGS

LUCKY WITHOUT YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The driver came up to me and asked.

”What happened?! Is he okay?!” She looked terrified at me.

 

I could barely talk normally but after a few minutes I managed to give the driver a proper answer.

”O..okay!?! What kind of question is that?! You hit him with your car and you ask if he is okay..!!” I screamed of despair, my anger just came out like an unexpected monster in the dark. I couldn’t control my anger, no matter how hard I tried, it didn’t work out.

 

 

She picked up her phone and called the emergency center while I sat down next to Kyungsoo who were unable to contact at all. 

 

”KYUNGSOO YAH.. IREONA..YOU HEAR ME, HUH?!?!.. WAKE UP!” 

All I wanted to do was to disappear, my tears were unable to stop. 

 

The lady hung up the phone, thereafter she sat down next to me and said.

”The ambulance will be here soon… don’t  worry. Your little brother will be okay.” 

 

”Pft.. he ain’t my little brother.” I sobbed.

 

”Young man, I’m deeply sorry for that.. Don’t worry. Your friend will be okay, I promise.” Says the lady as she pats me carefully on my shoulder.

 

 

”He ain’t my friend either.”

 

She looked at me with a wondering look.

”Oh.. I see, is he your boyfriend?” 

”What?! No!” 

”Okay..but don’t get me wrong here.. why do you care about someone who is neither your little brother, friend or boyfriend?”

 

Before I got the chance to answer her question, the ambulance began to approach us. They were quick to put Kyungsoo on the stretcher, before they were about to leave, I asked.


”Uhm.. sir.. Can I go with you?”

”Sorry son, only if you’re relatable to him.”

”But I am.” I avoided to look into his eyes so it wouldn’t be all obvious that I was lying. 

 

”Really? Well I happen to actually to know a lot about this guy. What is his name in that case?”

 

”Do Kyungsoo.” I answered quickly. 

”Okay then, step aboard.” The guy made a gesture to show that I could come with them. Thereafter, they drove as fast as they could towards the hospital. 

 

 

Seeing Kyungsoo covered with blood, made me feel sick on the inside. 

The ambulance staff tried their best to revive Kyungsoo but later on they realized they had to send him to the emergency department. His injuries was way too serious. During the time they examined Kyungsoo, the doctors showed me to a room where I could rest during the night.

 

AT MINZY’S HOUSE

 

 

I the TV as soon as I were done with my homework. I went to the kitchen to make myself some dinner. 

 

SOUNDS FROM THE TV

”And now back to the news with Mrs.Lee.”

”Thank you Mr.Choi. Earlier this evening there was an car accident at the ridge wood st that included two younger men. One of them were the son of the vice president Mr.Do and an unknown high school student which is said to be named Mr.Kim. It’s still not official about the condition of the two students.”

 

I turned off the TV as soon as I heard the news.

 

Mr.Kim.. Kai? Omona.. car accident?! 

 

BACK TO THE HOSPITAL

 

 

Next morning I woke up by someone patting my head softly.

It was the driver.

 

”Hi.”

 

I became really surprised to see her.

”What are you doing here? How did you found me?”

”I asked the doctors about you.”

”But you don’t know my name.” I looked at her with a wondering gaze.

”No, I know but I asked after Kyungsoo and for his company and.. here I am.”

 

”Don’t get me wrong but it’s pretty inappropriate to visit me.” 

 

”Hm yeah I know.. but I wanted to look if you were okay after all that happened with your.. uhm….”not your friend” Kyungsoo.”

”I’m fine, now leave me alone.” I said with a grumpy tone in my voice.

 

I weren’t in a mood for talking to anyone, especially not her. 

Just by looking at her face made me even angrier.

 

”Look, you don’t have to be so rude. I just wanted to be sure if you guys were okay. The most of this is my fault.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter