Found

I Chose You

 

Mi Yeon’s POV

“Mom, don’t make me go there. I really don’t want to.” I whined as I sulked on my chair.

“Well, you should. My wallet fell on that side. You should look for it now.”  Mom said, while cooking dinner.

“But mom---” I whined again.

“If you won’t look for it then you won’t have your dinner.” She said, threateningly.

“Okay, okay. I’m just joking, you know mom. I’ll look for it now, so I’ll have to eat my delicious dinner later.”  I said loudly so she could hear it clearly.

“Okay, go now. Or you won’t be here in time for your delicious dinner.” She said as I walked out of our small house.

In this town we practically knew every person who is living here. Even their own private lives are sometimes the topic of gossips. That is the most common in small towns like this. Gossips.

And that is what I always avoid.

I walked in a downhill full of random plants growing almost everywhere.

*Where on earth did my mom lost her wallet? And besides why did it land here? AISSH!*

I looked for it on the ground. I even bumped my head on a tree trunk since I wasn’t looking where I was going.

*Yeah, that really hurts.*

I even crawled on all fours trying to feel the thing since it was so dark now.

*Why the hell am I doing this?*

I’m going. I don’t really want to do this. it doesn’t really matter if I have no dinner…. Uh, well, I mean, it does matter of course. I’ll just beg my mom to give me some food.

*Haha! That’s it, so now I’m going home. No more of this nonsense looking for a stupid wallet.*

I turned and looked at the surrounding. It’s really so dark, I can’t even see my own shoes in the darkness.

I started to walk but then I tripped on a branch that I didn’t notice.

I fell, face forward on the grassy ground. I felt something on my fingers. It felt smooth. It feels like a skin.

When I squinted, I saw that it was fingers, a hand, a body was beside me on the ground.

“YAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!” I shouted hysterically. I stood up and started to run as fast as I could and then I tripped again.

But this time, I can think clear now. That was really frightening.

*It was not a ghost right?*

*Maybe it needed help. But I saw blood on his head. And some bruises maybe.*

*What the hell?! I ran from a wounded person who needed my help.*

I stood up slowly and went back to the place where I tripped first. It was still there. He was still there. I can’t see his face clearly. But I can tell there’s blood.

*What if he’s dead?!*

I kneeled beside him and found his pulse. It’s still there but it’s weak. I should call for help. I really can’t carry him.

I stood up and started to run again and this time it’s not because of hysteria, it’s because I know someone’s life is at risk.


 

“Excuse me, who’s the family of the boy?” a doctor asked, emerging from a small room.

This is the only hospital on our small town.

“Uhm…I was the one who found him.” I said, standing up.

“Oh, miss. The boy hit his head pretty hard and there are a lot of bruises on his body. But he’s now in a good condition. And miss, he has an amnesia, because of the impact when he hit his head.” The doctor explained.

“Amnesia? He forgot everything?” I asked, shocked.

*How the hell am I going home with a boy who doesn’t know anything?*   

“Not everything miss. Just some of the things in his life … I should go ahead now. By the way he’s awake now, you can take him home.” The doctor smiled and walked away.

*HOME?!!!! What the hell?!! I can’t take him home. I’ll be dead.*

I knocked on his door and opened it without waiting for any response.

He was there sitting on his bed, his head bandaged.

*GOSH! He’s handsome.*

He looked t me curiously and frowned.

*Yeah, I know I look dirty.*             

“Who are you? What are you doing here?” he asked, glaring at me.

“I-I’m Song Mi Yeon.” I said.

“Do I know you?” he asked.

“No, I don’t think so.” I said honestly.

“Then get the hell out of my room.” He said coldly.

*WHAT THE HELL?!!* 

“Hey, you! I just saved you from your death, you know. And now you’re telling me to get the hell out?! Well, I will, gladly!” I said, and stalked out of the room.

Without looking back.