Pride

Pride

“Ya! Lee Chanhyuk!” The guy who was being called was sat in her huge living room while writing something and held a guitar. The note that he wrote became that 10 times longer. He turned his head where the voice came from and he got a girl was heading toward him and joint her sat in the coach.

“Ya! You here?” Chanhyuk fix his glasses can’t believe that the girl in front of her was real.

“This is also my home. What are you talking about?” The girl punched Chanyuk lightly.

“No, it is just you rarely come home.”

“Ya, Lee Chanyuk? Tell me, what you have planned for me?”  The girl narrowed her eyes.

“Ya Lee Hayi what are you talking about, you just came and asking me if I have something for you. I don’t understand at all.”

“You don’t know? About Sungha Jung?” Lee Hayi pursed his eyebrow, how Chanyuk could not know about his best friend. Chanyuk and Sungha Jung were like brother though.

“What?” Lee Hayi kept narrowing her eyes to Chanyuk. It made him got irritated. “WHAT?”

“Blind....date?” Hayi was little bit hesitate to mention it. She thought it kind of embarrassing to her that kind of thing.

“WHAT? Ahahahaahahaaha!” Lee Chanyuk brust into big laugh that made his voice echoing in their huge living room. Lee Hayi punched Chanyuk this time little bit harder. She wanted an explanation but only laugh she got. “Stop it. Ok, well I did not know mom will do that with him, and well he did tell me about blind date but I dont’t think it is you! What a conscience.”

“Ah mom!” Hayi took a deep sigh and breath out, she buried her face in the couch pillow.

“What? What is it?” Another guy appear from stairs

“Hyung, mom did with Sungha Jung this time.” Still with his laugh Chanyuk informed the information to his brother.

“What? You best friend? Hoel!”

“Why mom do this to me? I mean only me?” Hayi already tired with her mother behavior.

“Because Jiwon hyung already has a boyfriend, and I am a man. I can find my love my own way. While Sohyun, she still a little girl.” Chanyuk back to his book note while explained to Hayi.

“Don’t worry my dear. Father all against it anyway they fight because of this. But you know who will win!” This time Bobby join the conversation from stairs.

“Where is Lee Sohyun?” Hayi asked about her sister to both of them.

“School.”

“Jiwon oppa!!?” Hayi called his brother that sat nicely in stairs while hold his phone. Probably did some games.

“Mm?” Bobby just mumbled answer him.

“I will take my dress, after this take me to my place.” Hayi stood and headed to her room upstairs.

“Ah, Hayi! Hajung likes color red!” Hayi who heard that got irritated and took one furniture and almost threw to him as threatened.

“Don’t be so rude Chanyuk. Ah, Hayi you have good voice don’t you? Why don’t you sing while he playing his guitar. That would be romantic.”

“Oh my god! That’s why I don’t want to live in this house!”

“Ahahahah!” Jiwon now already beside Hayi when he , they both laughed together and did high five.

:::::::::::::::::::

“Hayi yah, why would not you go home? Sohyun really miss you.” Kim Jiwon spook so serious this time. He looked into Hayi’s eyes deep. Hayi down her chin a bit knew that this was a serious conversation. She looked into the window of Jiwon’s car there was a light, very bright light. They were in a park, in where they stopped, you could see ferrish wheel colorful like the stars.

“I just.. well, my teaching place is near in that house.” Hayi avoid Jiwon’s eyes. She looked at the sky with verry comfy cloud and little bit stars showed up.

“Chanyuk and I feel so worry, and don’t ask about dad. Remember when you decided live alone for the first time? That was chaos. Beside, you will go to USA few months letter.” Hayi keep shut, did not know what to answer. “Well, it’s ok. I know exactly what your reason is. Go.” Jiwon slightly smile to her, Hayi return his smile. Hayi nod little and grabbed a car’s door handle, but Jiwon’s fingers were faster to hold Hayi’s arm. Hayi looked into Jiwon and made her eyes bigger. She asked a reason why. “It’s just, you look pretty.”

“Thanks.” Indeed, she looked pretty.

:::::::::::::::::

Hayi count on her steps thought about everything that she did with this thing. Why she even agreed with her mom plan about this all? Is everything that Jimin’s words were true that she did not pay attention to her feelings at all? But Hayi once had feelings, the feelings in this relevance was about love. He just thought about how the truth of the world hit her. That was why she did all of this, live alone and threw away feelings called love. She believe someday there was a day.

Hayi finally looked at her front, she surrounded by all the vehicles around her. She smiled with her pure heart, that it will became smile of pure happiness. Forget all about problems, all about the truth of the world, she only saw colorful light; she let her heart colorful too also tonight.

“Lee Hayi?” A man approach her. She startled a bit and turned her head in the right.

“Ah, Sungha Jung?” He nodded. Smiling. “Ah, it is our second meet?”

“No, third.”

”Oh.”

::::::::::::::::::::

“It is pretty awkward isn’t?” They now sat in the bench, Hayi hold a drink. She looked straight to the front, watch all people did their own fun in that park. So did Sunghajung.

“Mm, let’s talk about something then.” Hayi looked at Sungha Jung for a while and looked at the ground again.

“What did you accept this? I mean our meet.....” He hesitated to tell her, but asked her anyway.

“Mom, you know.” Hayi actually did not like complicated things, she was little bit did not talked the truth. She accepted that because her mom keep begging her, so it was not a lie, but just little bit pretty simple answer. She accepted that because of she just wanted to try. It was not bad at all anyway, it will work anyway, it was her second for blind date. Her mindset from begin was to add some friend because she would know that it will not work at all. All she needed to do was being herself. That was it.

“Ah. By the way you are not change at all.” Hayi turned away at him when she heard the statement.

“Eh?”

“Our third meeting remember? The first time at your home. When you played with Chanyuk, when we were at 6.”

“Ah, you were that shy kid?”

“You remember?”

“Yes. But I was not sure if it was you.” They both laugh at their silly childhood. Hayi missed that time a lot, no worries at all. You only know how to play and school about who was the lady called who lost her shoe at the midnight party and left the prince alone.

They both fell into silence again, Hayi was a quite girl she just did not talked too much with stranger, and Sungha Jung was a shy boy, and you can’t accept lot of conversation between these two persons.

“Hayi noona?” A boy about twelve years old approach with hesitant scared that it might not Hayi.

“Ah, Kyung? What are you doing here?” Hayi pursed her eyebrow, surprised that her one of students around here.

“Do some stuff, for money. Ah, it does not matter to me, you are the matter here? Your boyfriend mm?” Kyung with his teasing smile looked at Hayi.

“I am her only friend.” Sunghajung who heard that smiled at the boy.

“Kyung, it is night you should at home for school tomorrow.” Hayi talked with pure worry.

“Who said it is morning? I am twelve and I can watch over my self noona. See you in Thursday then noona. Bye.”

“Kyung-ah, be careful and arrived at home at 9 o’clock huh?” The boy called Kyung only nod from afar.

“Chanyuk said that you leave alone? Right? Because it is near from your teaching place. He is one of your students then?” Sungha Jung took the conversation seriously, actually Hayi did not like if someone mantion about she live alone. But since it was no other than friend, she did not look irritate at all.

“It might sound great, but it not. Besides I decided to live alone before I decided to teach.” Hayi begin to open his life, she took deep sigh after she said that.

“The thing is that you just a volunteer, not doing it for payment or something.”

“Well,..”

“You just like your mother, Chanyuk knows that he and Sohyun are adopt child, alongside with Bobby. But I never heard him complained nor Bobby and Sohyun about your parents treat you guys differently. They are very well educated also. They grew up to be really good daughter and son. It is really amazing. Your heart and hers.”

“No, please. Don’t mention it.”

:::::::::::::::::::

Hayi walked home with Sunghajung company with his car. In the night, Hayi took a slow step, it was very good time with him. Maybe because he and Hayi were friends already so it was more comfortable. Hayi took steps with smile in her face. Hayi about to reach her fence but a pale arm held her hands. It was the same guy who visited her las time.

“Oh Sehun. What is this time?”

“Stop meeting someone Hayi.” Oh Sehun looked so desperate.

“What are you talking about? Go home.” Hayi continued what he intended to do, she was about to enter her house but Sehun hugged her suddenly. Hayi was so surprised that she did not know what just happened.

“Your heart belongs to me. I know. And my heart belongs to you.” Hayi heard that statement, she stop breathing for a while and let go of her embrace and slapped him.

:::::::::::::::

TBC