Hero II

Shaking (I need a hero)

Oh Sehun had always been ordinary. He had known it since he had been young: there was nothing special written in the stars for him. He lived, he fell in love, he went to college, worked, fell in love again until finally finding someone he truly adored with his very being. His mind, from then on, revolved solely around the object of his never-dying affection: his Luhan.

It would have been foolish to believe that he had not known that his beautiful Luhan was not as normal as he was. He had seen the signs: the scars, the bruises, droplets of blood staining the wooden floor of their living room. He had seen it all but he never acted up on it. Maybe it had been a fear he held, like many other humans: the one of the unfamiliar. Or maybe, as he liked to tell himself when curled up on his bed, thinking of everything that was his Luhan, it had been his respect for his lover. He cherished the other, he would have died for him... But he did not want to cross boundaries that were there for a reason. He knew all too well that if something was hidden for him, it was for a reason. 

Now, he knew it all.. A selfish part of him was happy: he had always been curious, in a nearly twisted way about what Luhan could truly be hiding from him. After all, secrets barely existed between the two of them. He knew everything from his beautiful lover's favorite color to each little detail of his past. Who would not have wanted to know what was so dark that their one and only partner wished to hide it from them. 

Sehun wished that he had not found out everything the way he had: with losing the only ray of sun that had been granted to him by whoever was watching over him in the sky. Living in oblivion about such things would have been better, had that mean that he still had Luhan.

But he did not. 

It had nearly been a year and he could still recall the rushed whispers of many passersby as they yelled for help: he had known then, that he would die. Everything had hurt, his stomach, his neck, his chest, his arms, his legs...  He wished for death to come quickly: it was hard to hold on with the agony ripping at the edges of the remains of his consciousness. 

And then, something had changed. He saw Luhan even though his eyes were closed: his beautiful angel looked as radiant as always, even with a frown tainting his features. He seemed to be concentrated on something badly: plush lips pursed, eyes half-shut, heavy breaths escaped him.. 

Sehun wanted to reach out and soothe him. Tell him that it all was going to be okay. That this was all just a bad, bad dream.

But it wasn't and they both knew it.

Sehun felt life return to his body. What had been pain before in his aching body was replaced by a dull buzz: his blood rushed in his veins under skin that was marred by no signs of his accidents. His heart was beating strong again despite how he could swear he had heard someone yell that it had stopped. His breaths were light as every, drinking in much-needed air without problem..

He was alright. 

It had been odd: Sehun lay there for a few minutes, his still-blurry mind wondering why it had all gone so quiet. He felt a weight on his chest, it was familiar. Soft hair tickled his chin and he let out a soft chuckle. So maybe it all had been a dream and he was in his bed with his angel in his arms.

It took him a long time to comprehend that that was not the case. Luhan was there, lying on him, right where he belonged, but he was not moving. He was a light sleeper: Sehun was already used to him stirring in his sleep constantly and even mumble. But he was silent. There was no soft breath of his brushing over his lover's collarbone either, but at first, that detail slipped the man's mind. So maybe his sweet partner was positioned differently for once, so maybe he was not moving.. 

Strong arms tore the body from him and he had yelled: he trashed like an animal, eyes finally snapping open... 

That was when he finally saw it.

Luhan was limp in the arms of an unfamiliar man, lips agape, eyes open but like glass. He seemed.. he seemed.. 

It took everything for Sehun to tear his thoughts from the memories, tears glistening in his hazy gaze. This time, he was sat by the window. The stars were out and the gentle shine of the moon, too, seeped into the empty room. He felt an itch in the back of his mind: he knew that someone, once more, was needing him. 

Now he knew what exactly had ripped his lover from the cold, dark world. It had been the powers he had once held.. the once that he had granted Sehun when he passed. The man often wondered if he had done it on purpose: was this his version of a parting gift? Had Luhan known that he would die?

Often, Sehun dreamt of the life his lover had lived: he could see Luhan healing many, never caring about the pain it brought him, never caring about the crushing weight on his very soul. It seemed as if he had been as selfless as no other human could be.. 

At nights, like this, when he could not fall asleep, Sehun oftentimes stood and stared into the mirror body free of clothing as he searched, for any signs in his appearance that could show that he had Luhan's very essence in him. His eyes were the same, his lips, his face, his body.. Nothing has changed. No other person would have noticed what had changed in him..

Only Sehun knew.

Dark eyes would fill with loathe and something else, something more sinister as his lips would curl into a dark, sad smile. The itch to help the one in pain would linger in his body a bit more, before pleas for help by lost souls would slowly die down...

A year had passed since that one day. Oh Sehun was no normal man since then. He was something else. He held a power no other did..

And yet..

No scars had come to cover his skin. It was, still: as flawless, as pure as before. 


almost a year since this oneshot had been written and I decided to write a mini-seuqel. I hope it's pretty obvious but short story short Sehun never actually used his power. 

uh.

yea. 

so..while Luhan gave up everything for others.. Sehun never did.

kinda sad eh. So it was very interesting to write this, a year later haha. Hope at least some improvement is can be seen. Umm..bye now <3