Alternative Epilouge (Sort Of)

Nothing Left (웨그레?)

Word count: 564

 

Jihyun had stormed into Gayoon's apartment, worry had taken control of her as the younger girl refused to pick up her calls and reply to her messages. The dark, and quiet apartment had startled the dancer at first, Jihyun swore she accidently stepped on so many pieces of glass that she bleed through her new white socks. But she didn't care. Carefully she entered the only room with lights leaking out from under the door. The sight that greeted her almost instantly caused tears to well up in her eyes. Gayoon, as thin as she could possibly be, was laying unconsciously in a bathtub covered in her own blood. ”Gayoon! Gayoon ah!” Jihyun's voice shook almost as much as her hands did when she frantically searched for a pulse. Any sign of the frail girl still living. As soon as she found it she called a ambulance.

 

Following instructions and removing her friend from the bloody water, wrapping her in warm blankets and towels. Crying as she did. ”I found her Gayoon ah... I found her....” She muttered as she cradled the unconscious girl in her arms. While Gayoon was in the hospital to recover Jihyun watched her with hawk eyes. Wasn't the world cruel? Trying to take two of her best friends in one go. She wouldn't allow it.

 

Gayoon woke up, confused in the warm sheets of the hospital bed. She tried to sit up but her body wasn't moving. ”Gayoon ah?” Jihyun stood up and rushed out of the room to alarm the doctors as she had been taught, a few nurses lead by a doctor examined the frail woman before talking with hushed voiced with Jihyun who nodded and smiled slightly to them. Bowing and thanking them as they left the room.

 

”Jihyun unnie?” The taller woman looked with sad eyes at the hospitalised girl, knowing she had a few things to ask. Jihyun explained what happened and showed her scarred feet as evidence. ”why? I should have died... why didn't you let me?” Gayoon sounded like she was at the verge of crying. ”Because I found her” Gayoon looked up at the older woman shocked. ”w­what did you just say?” This time she sounded almost angry but the tears straining her cheeks showed that it was sadness.

 

Jihyun explained how she accidently bumped into the green-haired woman in the hospital when she was visiting her younger brother who sustained a injury in the army. How Jiyoon slowly opened up about her brain tumor and her limited lifespan. How she choose to die alone rather than to burden her lover. How Jihyun herself watched as the tomboy entered the operation room but never came out again.

 

Gayoon cried harder. How did she not notice? She had always seen her lover take those pills, but she never thought ... in a million years that it was for that purpose. She had seen Jiyoon get random nosebleeds thousands of times but because of Jiyoon's carelessness she simply dismissed it. Gayoon hugged her friend tightly as she sobbed endlessly. ”It's okay...” Jihyun tried to reassure the crying girl. But she wasn't so sure of her own words to be honest. It hurt her too.

 

This is sort of a alternative twist on the suicide/finding/hospital scene. Just had it laying about on my computer so I might as well share it.