Epilogue - Jihyun

Nothing Left (웨그레?)

Word count: 908

 

Gayoon was starring lifelessly at the coffin containing her ex-lovers body, unknowingly tears rolled down her cheeks as she clutched the bouquet of flowers in her hand. Anguish was all she felt, distress, pain, suffering. "...Why would you leave me behind like this..?" Gayoon spoke low like a whisper. Her voice cracking slightly. A pair of soft and warm hands pulled Gayoon in for a back hug, Jihyun rested her chin on Gayoon's quivering shoulder and hugged the petite woman closer to herself. "Let her go, It's time we all let go" Jihyun said softly. Tears b in her own eyes.

 

Gayoon had stopped pick up calls and reply messages the past hour and it worried the tall woman to the brim of craziness. With her heart in her stomach she drove to the depressed woman's apartment, using the spare key she received years ago to unluck the door. Glass shattered everywhere, old picture frames laying broken on the floor, joined by every chair in the apartment crashed and thrown into a corner of the living room. 

Jihyun swallowed nervously, as she stepped into the messy apartment, searching for her friend. A soft but sudden sound drew Jihyun's attention. The sound of a knife being dropped on bathroom tiles. Shocked she hurried over to the bathroom. only to find the door locked. "Gayoon! I know you are in there! Are you alright?! Please openarrow-10x10.png the door!" With her heart in she kicked in the door. The sight that greeted her caused the older womanarrow-10x10.png to scream, first in shock, then in horror. 

With shaking hand she lifted the pale and bloodied body from the cold water, wrapping the unconscious woman in every blanket and towel she found before rushing her to the hospital. Crying her eyes out on the way. One they arrived Gayoon was sent to the ER a few hours passed by before Gayoon was rolled into a room. "We put her in a medicine introduced coma, since her body is very weak  at the moment, we took a closer look at the brain scans and it seems she suffers from severe depression. If she was to wake up within this week she would just inflict more harm upon herself. So until her wounds have healed she will be in coma. I'm sorry madam" The doctor excused himself after he put Gayoon's informationarrow-10x10.png on the foot of the bed. 

 

"..Why did you save me? Jihyun...? I hate myself so much, I hate her so much... why can't you just let me die?" Gayoon asked. as she shut her eyes tightly. "Because I care for you... No... Because I love you" Jihyun's confession was blunt and unexpected. "..You... can't be serious" Gayoon couldn't belive her ears.

 

For as long as she could remember she had this crush on the club loving girl. The way she was so relaxed and carefree, so loving and caring. So gentle and kind. what a push-over really. But Jihyun never expressed any thoughts or emotions on relationships. Instead she focused on being her group's mother. 

Gayoon recalls a time when she had gotten into a fight with a group of girls at her university. The fight quickly escalated from pushes, to punches to all the girl's doing every physical harm the could to the petite woman. All the girl's who had attacked her had been thrown to the ground and joined her in the dust. Jihyun had pulled them all of. Fury evident. Never ever had anyone seen the campus angel so angry. "your use of violence only shows your lack of intelligence. I dare any of you to try anything like this every again. I won't show mercy a second time"Jihyun hissed. Jihyun, gentle as she was had for a moment turned into a beast, ready to fight off anyone who dared hurt her Gayoon. 

 

"I knew Jiyoon liked you, who am I to be selfish and take you from her? And when I saw how happy you two where together my heart broke but I just wanted you two to be happy,  look at how you two turned out...." Jihyun's voice shook slightly. Gayoon wanted to turn around and hug her (friend? lover?) tightly. But Jihyun didn't let her. "I'm so weak right now... I'm so hurt and sad... You shouldn't see me like this" "Love is about showing how strong and weak you are. I'm confused But Give me time... and I'll swear I'll make it up to you. For all the times I hurt you." Gayoon freed herself from the taller woman's hug. Cupping her moist cheeks and starring into her teary eyes.

 

A year passed and Jihyun and Gayoon had gotten a apartment together. They had started a new life together. Moving from Seoul's busyarrow-10x10.png streets to the city of seafood. Busan. 

 

Another few years passed. Gayoon proposed and Jihyun gladly accepted. Exited the two planned their wedding, having it 7 months later in November. Both girl's was very fond of their winter wonderland theme. They spent their honeymoon on jeju island happily. None of them had been this happy before. 

 

Another year passed and they was awaiting their first daughter's birth. Jihyun was pregnant with Gayoon's daughter. Thanks to the high-tech hospitals. 

 

Both girl's grew old together, laughing, loving. Like a fairytale. But that's another story ;)