chapter one

Misunderstanding

 

 
~
 
"Suzuka... I think I might be pregnant!" my best friend, Shida Mirai looked at me.
 I stared at her blankly, not being able to process what she just told me. "Do you mind repeating that?"
 
Mirai broke down crying "I think I'm pregnant!"
 
"What?! How?! Are you serious! That stupid Yamada Ryosuke! I will kill him!!" I yelled angrily
 
"No wait!" she pulled my arm "It's not Ryosuke's fault!" 
 
I froze "You mean you cheated on him and had with another guy?! Mirai how dare you! Do you know how much he love-"
 
"I DIDN'T MEAN THAT! I WAS TRYING TO SAY THAT IT WAS BOTH OUR FAULTS FOR BEING IRRESPONSIBLE!" she yelled.
 
I was completely blown away, I mean we're only 18 and my friend my be pregnant... Wait.. 'Might' as in she doesn't know yet? "Wait... You're not sure yet though right?"
 
Her expression completely changed into a gentle one "That's why I called you here" I was confused "I want you to buy me a pregnancy test"
 
"What?! No way! Even if I am your best friend there is no way I'm going to buy a pregnancy test!"
 
She looked at me with tears in her eyes
 
"I'm not giving in!" I looked away
 
~
 
"Clean up on aisle three"
 
"Why do I have to be so nice?" I pouted as I searched around the huge store for a pregnancy test.
 
I found it. But there are so many! Which one do I choose? Should I ask someone? I looked around and saw only one worker who turned out to be a man in his late 50's. Nope. I guess I have to figure it out myself.
 
"Ini mini miny moe. Catch the tiger...." I started singing to myself while pointing to all the brands "Okay this one!
 
I started walking to the cash register but froze. There's only a young guy there. Ugh no way. I am not showing this to a guy my age!
 
"Hey are you in line" the young guy said in a bratty tone. Woah~ attitude!
 
"I'm still choosing!" I shouted angrily
 
"Well hurry up" he rolled his eyes.
 
What to do...? Maybe I should come back later... No Mirai will get mad... I stared at the cash register waiting for at least another worker to come. Ugh even the 50-something year old man is better! Where is he when I need him?
 
"Are you done?!" the same young guy yelled impatiently
 
"NO!"
 
"Hurry up ugly!"
 
I clicked my tongue at him. Maybe I should go to another store... But the next closest store is 40 minutes away by car... And I don't have a car... Which means I have to stick with this one... FML!
 
I peaked at the cash register and saw him leaving and the 50-something year old man coming. Yes!
 
I quickly dashed to the cash register and right when I got there this old lady got in front of me. "Excuse me I was here first-" she glared at me. "But you can go first" I laughed awkwardly.
 
"I can help the next customer" I flipped back to look at the next aisle only to see that young brat staring at me. I looked away and ignored him. He angrily moved towards me and pulled me to his aisle. That nerve of this guy!
 
"Is that a way to treat your customer?!" I yelled, I looked at his name tag, Nakajima Yuto. Even his name is bratty!
 
He eyed the thing I was holding in my hand and smirked "Pregnancy test eh?"
 
"It's not for me!"
 
"That's what they all say" he rolled his eyes "Aren't you too young to be pregnant?"
 
"It's not for me!"
 
He chuckled "You're a stubbron one"
 
"I'M NOT PREGNANT!"
 
Everyone in the store froze and they all looked at me. I immediately became red. I slammed the money on the counter and ran out.
 
~
 
"You won't believe the brat that worked there!" I started to say
 
"Thank you for this!" Mirai ignored me and grabbed it from my hand.
 
"I'm going home"
 
"You're not gonna wait for my results?" Mirai pouted
 
"No, I already had enough of you for the day" I scoffed
 
"Okay... And please don't tell anyone about this!" she begged
 
"Yeah yeah yeah" I rolled my eyes and left her house.