Nightmare (WooDong)

Fluff Hour

Running down a dark alley, Dongwan breathed heavily as he found himself blocked by a chain link fence. He hopped onto it and started to climb up, periodically looking back down the alleyway from where he came. He got himself over the fence and jumped down, landing on some cardboard boxes. He quickly looked back to see a dark figure coming towards him. He sighed before taking off down the rest of the alley.

He ran out into an empty street, stopping to catch his breath. He looked all around, the street was deserted. Before he could take another breath a hand covered by a leather glove covered his mouth. He struggled to escape but whoever grabbed him was strong. He started to panic and was slowly suffocating. Dongwan closed his eyes as his body relaxed. Slowly everything went dark, his body shaking as he drew his last breath.

Sitting up abruptly Dongwan breathed heavily, sweat dripping down the side of his face. He put his hands on his head trying his best to slow his breathing, but it didn’t seem to help. It was only a nightmare, the third one that week. Same thing would happen over and over. Someone would chase him and eventually kill him.

He got out of his bed and went into the bathroom. He splashed some iced cold water on his face and sighed. Looking at his reflection in the mirror, he was very pale. He knew that the nightmares he had every time he closed his eyes would make him look even worse.

He made his way back into his bedroom and spotted his phone on the night table. He picked it up and scrolled through the names in his contacts. It was 2am and he knew all his friends would be asleep. He stopped at one of the names and pressed the call button. He sat down on his bed waiting as the phone rang.

“Hello?” A tired voice said from the other line.

“Hey…” Dongwan said softly, feeling bad for calling so late.

“Wannie? What’s wrong?” the voice asked worriedly, “Are you alright?”

“Yea...I just…” Dongwan sighed, “I’ve been having nightmares…” He felt so childish.

“For how long?”

“Last few nights...I…” Dongwan frowned, “I shouldn’t have called…it’s stupid.”

“No, it isn’t.” The voice said sadly, “Give me ten minutes and I’ll be right over.”

“Y-You don’t have to come...I just needed to talk to someone…” Dongwan sighed, he wanted him to come but it was late.

“Ten minutes.” The voice said before hanging up.

Dongwan hung up and smiled to himself. He knew that of all the contacts in his phone he would come. Still he felt a little bad for waking his friend up to have him come over because of a childish nightmare.

It was exactly 10 minutes when he heard a knock on the door. He opened it and was greeted by his friend who hugged him. Dongwan hugged him back, “I’m sorry for calling so late, Minwoo.”

Minwoo pushed away to get a better look at his tired friend, “No apologies...you know I’m always here for you.”

Dongwan nodded with a small smile, “Thank you…”

Closing the door behind them they went into the bedroom. Minwoo took off his slippers he wore to drive there and crawled into the bed. He pulled back the blanket and patted the bed next to him, “Come on…”

Dongwan hesitate for a moment before getting into the bed next to his friend. Minwoo pulled the blanket up to his friend’s shoulder before wrapping his arms around him. He pulled him in close and kissed the top of his head, “You shouldn’t have nightmares anymore since I’m here…”

Dongwan snuggled up against him, “I feel better already knowing you’re here…”

“That’s why I came…” Minwoo said softly.

"I'm glad you came...” Dongwan said before he closed his eyes before falling asleep. His dream was no longer a nightmare, since his friend was there to protect him.