I'm Not Easy!

Myeongdong Love Story

It was 9 P.M when I got home. I was thinking about the tissue paper all through the drive home from Myeondong. Does he seriously think I'm that easy?

 

 

I took my phone out and composed a message to that number.

 

 

"If you think I'm gonna call you, then you thought wrong. I'm not an easy woman!" I typed. Reading the message made me smile. I'm definitely proud of what I just typed. So I hit send.

 

 

Sunny closes her shop at 8 P. M so I'm guessing that that Nichkhun guy is already at home or, if he has a social life in Seoul, at a bar somewhere. He'll read my text, so I need not to worry.

 

 

Goodness! What am I even thinking? Why does it matter if he reads it or not? I just basically told him that it's not going to be easy to get to me. So what?

 

 

Then I heard a PING, indicating that I just received a text message or a notification from either of the gazillion SNS and Messaging applications I have installed in my smartphone...

 

 

Okay, maybe I exaggerated. I only have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Kakaotalk and LINE.

 

 

I quickly checked it out and saw that it was from that Nichkhun guy who works at Sunny's coffee shop. It says:

 

 

"You're a little dumb, aren't you? By sending me a text, you're giving me your number, which is something I want to have without even asking for it directly. So, clearly you gave it to me willingly. Thank you very much!"  it said.

 

 

What.

 

 

 What...

 

 

WHAT....

 

 

What did he say?

 

 

 

THAT JERK!

 

 

"!" I typed angrily and hit send so hard I almost lost grip off my phone.

 

 

PING!

 

 

"Airhead" the text message said.

 

 

Whay that-! ugh! I can't even describe how much I hate him so much!

 

 

"I'm not an airhead, you ert!" I typed and hit send again.

 

 

PING!

 

 

"How did I become a ert?" 

 

 

Idiot.

 

 

"Because you tricked me into giving you my number!" I sent.

 

 

PING!

 

 

"That's called me being a genius, and you being an airhead. Not ert!" he replied.

 

 

*gasp* How dare he!

 

 

"But still! You're a freaking ert!" I sent again.

 

 

"An a grade one A-hole!" and then I sent a follow up text.

 

 

PING!

 

 

"At least I'm not dumb like you!" he said.

 

 

He's getting on my nerves! Why am I entertaining him anyway? I'm not gonna give him the satisfaction!

 

 

"But you're a mean person. You may have good looks but you're mean. No one likes a mean person, especially me. Go find someone who actually gives a ." I annoyingly typed. This made me sad, but I still pressed send.

 

 

After that, I got ready for bed. I heard my phone alerted a few times but I just ignored it and went to sleep. I'm pretty sure that it;s that Nichkhun guy again. I know guys like him. I know their style. I was about to sleep but my phone suddenly rang, indicating that I have an incoming call. So I checke it ... and it was him.

 

 

"What do you want?" - Me

 

 

"Go out with me." - Him

 

 

"What makes you think i want to?" - Me

 

 

"I don't know..." - Him

 

 

"Hmmm...." - Me

 

 

"Please... I'm alone in Seoul. I don't have many friends. Only Ms. Lee and some of my co-workers... But then, I met you..." - Him

 

 

"Are you drunk?" - Me

 

 

"Me? Drunk? No!" - Him

 

 

"The first sign that someone is drunk is denial." - Me

 

 

"Really, I'm not drunk..." - Him

 

 

"Ugh. Fine! Just tell me when." - Me

 

 

"Yes! Okay, I'll text you soon!" - Him

 

 

 

I pressed end call and sighed. He's a pushy one. But, whatever. It's been a while since I last went out with a guy.

 

 

"Guess what, I have a date. :/" I typed and sent it to the chat room where eight of my close friends in Seoul, including Sunny, and I talk to each other when we're not together.

 

 

"Let me guess, Nichkhun asked you out?" Sunny replied immediately.

 

 

"Who's Nichkhun?" Jessica, one of my closests out of the eight, asked.

 

 

Jessica and I go way back. We were both born and raised in California. The only difference was that she was from San Francisco and I was from Los Angeles. We were born on the same hospital on the same year. Awesome, right? And now we're both here in Seoul, living our lives, jetsetting, etc. We're best friends. Kind of like a built-in. Not the "hey-we-lots-of-stuff-in-common" best friend stuff. But like Twins best friend stuff.

 

 

"One of my baristas." Sunny replied.

 

 

"The new one?" Sooyoung asked.

 

 

"OMG! The cute Thai?" Yuri asked, seemingly excited. Well, it's quite obvious even if we're just chatting.

 

 

"Well, if you're so excited, you go on the date with him." I rolled my eyes as I typed and sent it.

 

 

"Goodness, no! He's yours! Hahaha!" Yuri replied.

 

 

"Really? No? I was hoping you'd accept." I said.

 

 

"are you crazy?!" Hyoyeon said.

 

 

"Okay, what gives?" Sunny asked.

 

 

"He called me dumb... and an airhead." I said.

 

 

"That's not nice." Seohyun, the youngest and the purest of us nine girls, said.

 

 

"That guy needs some beating." Sooyoung said.

 

 

"Why are you gonna go out with him, then?" Yoona asked.

 

 

"Ha! You're pissed because he's right!" Taeyeon teased.

 

 

Aside from Jessica, Taeyeon is another one of my closests friends.

 

 

"SHUT UP, KIM TAEYEON!" I said.

 

 

"Unnies! Stop fighting!" Seohyun said.

 

 

"Okay, okay! Anyway, I like him... I'm just afraid to admit it to him. I was kind of trying to be hard to get so I decided to not call him. But I sent him a text. I just forgot that he'll get my number either way." I explained.

 

 

"then, you ARE an airhead. :P" Taeyeon said.

 

 

"Ugh. Whatever." I said.

 

 

"HAHAHAHA! I'm just kidding! Don't be pissed. Let's love, Fany-ah! Okay?" Taeyeon said, that made me smile.

 

 

"Okay. Anyway, I'm gonna go. I'm all ready for bed. Goodnight, ladies!" I said and closed the chat application in my smartphone.