004

The Answer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did something happen after school that I’m not aware of? Daehyun’s pretty much out of it when I called him last night for homework,” Minjae was no different as she continued walking, as if she didn’t acknowledge Youngjae’s presence. The latter shrugged and followed her still. “Guess you’re the same then. I won’t ask.”

What happened last night, it was something she’d probably want to go back to. After Daehyun’s confession, she was frozen. She didn’t see it coming. Daehyun was the last person she’d expect to like her.

She didn’t answer him anyway. She didn’t want to reject him upfront, but not answering probably had the same effect either way. She didn’t want to accept his feelings either, knowing that it would hurt him in the end. Whether they were still friends after that, she wouldn’t know. He didn’t chase after her, and she didn’t bother to look back.

“Last time we were together, I heard he was going to confess,” Youngjae asked as they entered the building of their high school. “it was you, wasn’t it? The girl he was going to confess to. Did he do it last night?”

Minjae finally felt the weight of everything on her shoulders. The burden of having a friend who had feelings for her.

“I’m sorry.” She answered. “You knew?”

“I didn’t know,” Youngjae said as they were approaching their room, they both paused as they saw the topic of their conversation already sitting on his respective seat. He was sleeping on his desk, but he was probably just pretending. The two exchanged glances. “Let’s just let time help him get over it, he’s a lot stronger than that.”

They took their seats and Daehyun didn’t even glance at them.

The bell rang, signaling the start of their classes.

 

Minjae expected the cold treatment, but she didn’t expect it would be hard. Spring break was already a few days away, if this continued until then, she’d probably have one less friend when school starts again.

As expected, she ended up on the rooftop during their break. Instead of sitting down, she lied down on the edge as she listened to the music. The sun was bright and she had her eyes closed. She was going to fall asleep at this rate but failed when she felt something on her legs. She opened her eyes and to her surprise, Daehyun was staring at her.

“If you’re going to sleep, you should cover your legs,” he said as he fixed the blanket on her legs. She didn’t know where he got that. “and don’t sleep there, you could r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter