001

The Answer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjae watched her schoolmates from the rooftop where she sat with her feet dangling on the edge. The weather was getting warmer and it was a perfect time to be alone.

 She gasped when she felt something cold pressed against her cheek. She grabbed it with a hiss and noticed that it was her favorite soda. She glanced behind her to see Jung Daehyun standing there with his arms crossed above his chest. He was grinning at her before he held up his hand.

“Help me up, I’m not as strong as you, you know?” Daehyun asked. She clicked her tongue as she grabbed his hand and balanced herself as she helped him up. “What are you doing here? I’ve been looking for you ever since the break started.”

“What are you doing here?” She asked back before she opened the can of soda and took a sip. She offered it to him but he refused. “It’s… I’ve told you, right? It’s getting really stuffy at home, and here at school too. But seriously though, what are you doing here? What about the boys?”

“Come here, you.” Daehyun wrapped an arm around her shoulder and leaned her head on his chest. He noticed a group of boys playing a game of dodgeball with a soccer ball below at the school’s open field, it was his friends. “Look at them there, they can perfectly handle themselves if they can hurt themselves with a soccer ball. But what about you? You only have me, and them, and probably the es in class.”

Minjae chuckled as she hit his thigh with her free hand. “You really know how to make me feel better, Jung Daehyun.  You’re really the best friend, you know that?”

“What now, am I getting demoted to being a best friend? I thought what we had was something!” Daehyun jokingly told her. Although deep inside, he really hoped their relationship was something more than friendship. His smile fell when she sat up from their position. Ugh, you’re really good at ruining everything.

“Isn’t the break done already? Let’s go.” He watched as she went down and dusted herself off. “Oi, are you not going?”

He sighed as he looked up at the sky before he rubbed his hands on his pants to clean it. “I’m coming.”

 

“Minjae, you planning on doing something for the spring vacation?” Yoo Youngjae asked Minjae when they began packing up after the classes ended. He and Minjae were seatmates while Daehyun sat behind them, and that’s how the three of them got closer. “I heard there’s going to be a singing workshop downtown. It’s for a week too. What do you think?”

“Me? Singing? You must be kidding.” Minjae chuckled as she wore  her backpack and waited for her friends to finish.

“What about it? I’ve heard you sing a few times and it’s not that bad. Besides, it would be better than getting stuck in your house.” Daehyun said as he grabbed a piece of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter