Chapter 3

PAPARAZZI
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soona and the group sneak into the SM Building. Soojung gets a special surprise.

Paparazzi
Face to Face:

Hyejin couldn't stop giggling to herself the for entire duration of the bus ride through Gangnam. She was on her Instagram linking her exclusive blog posts with little teasers so people would want to click on them. The account hardly had any followers, as did most sasaeng accounts. They were better off keeping the information within their exclusive groups to prevent their accounts from being reported. Soojung couldn't help glancing at the captions Hyejin was making. 

Exclusive Unreleased Chen photos

EXO Beijing Concert Air Up for Bidding [Front Row!]

150ml of Xiumin's Urine Up for Bidding [REAL urine]

[REAL] EXO sizes [Full List]

Soojung looked away when she saw that last one. She felt her cheeks burning red. There was no way Hyejin really knew something like that. It had to be fake. As long as she kept telling herself that, perhaps she could prevent herself from vomiting again like she did on the plane ride home. Suddenly this bus felt more rocky than usual. Was it because of the posts? Or was it because of where this bus was taking them? 

"Remember, just be casual. Act natural." Soona told the four of them, "We can't look suspicious or else they'll kick us out."

That's right, Soojung sighed. Of course this was the real reason she was getting nervous. They were heading straight to the SM Building. Most fans, whether sasaengs or not, would often wait outside all of the entertainment buildings in the hopes of catching a glimpse or more of their favorite idols. Not this time. No, this time they were going to be the ones to go directly inside the building. With their fake trainee passes, they knew they would be able to sneak in undetected. There were so many trainees floating around, they knew (or hoped) they could roam without anyone giving them a second thought.

Before they knew it, the bus stopped right up the street of the SM Building. They were now only a five minute walk away. Soona put her brown satchel bag over her shoulder and got off the bus. Inside the bag was her new and quite professional camera. She didn't need to buy the camera,  but it helped her feel more like a professional which was its main purpose overall. 

"Okay. Let's go in," said Soona. She looked up at the beautiful building. It was so shiny, clean, and huge. The five of them stared at it for a moment to take in the fact they weren't going to only stand outside this time. They were finally going to see what was lurking around inside. What secrets were their idols possessing? Were there any private conversations they could eavesdrop on? Who was dating who? They've already helped out Baekhyun and Taeyeon. There had to be more, how could there not be?

"Have your fake passes ready," Soona said, "And don't speak to anyone unless they speak to you."

"That might be a problem for Soojung I think." Eunjoo laughed, making Soojung sign a swear word at her.

"Let's just go in." Soona said as she gestured impatiently. As they walked inside, she remembered something else that was important to tell them. She quickly whispered to them, "If all else fails, pretend we're Shinee fans."

Why not? Everyone knew those Shawols had a better reputation than EXO Ls. Soona almost laughed at the irony of telling them to pretend to be Shawols. She used to get in constant keyboard fights with Shawols a year ago. She would always tell them they weren't much better. There were plenty of sasaengs among Shawols, they were simply too proud to admit it. 

They entered the building one by one. Various staff and security guards roamed the halls. There were signs on the side that listed what was on each floor like practice rooms, recording studios, meeting rooms, CEO offices, etc.

"Can I help you?" They heard the secretary from across the room call out to them. Soona showed her fake trainee pass and was thankful that the secretary only glanced at it then went back to her phone call.

"Where would EXO be?" Jae-Eun whispered, looking at the signs.

"Let's try recording studio." Eunjoo offered.

"Good idea." Soona agreed, "It's upstairs."

The five of them made their way upstairs to the third floor. There were so many rooms that they didn't know where to start. While walking down the hall, some people passed giving them odd looks since they were never seen before. And since they were together in a tight group, that made it even more concerning. Soojung knew coming here was a bad idea. Did they really think no one was going to look twice at them?

"If a recording room is occupied, how will we know they're inside?" Jae-Eun asked, "There aren't any windows to see." 

"We'll just wait and see who comes out," Soona replied. As she looked around, she suddenly noticed that they were one person short, "Where's Soojung?"

Eunjoo, HyeJin, and Jae-Eun shrugged. Soojung was just with them a second ago. Where could she have wandered off to so fast?

"Keep looking," Soona said. She couldn't waste her time searching for her sister who was supposed to stick by them. She had more important things to do. The four of them continued to make their way down the hallway. If Soojung wants to run, Soona thought, that's her own problem. It's too bad she'll be missing out...

Soojung couldn't bring herself to continue any further. Simply being here made her feel sick to her stomach again. Her anxiety couldn't handle this. If she was going to meet Sehun or any other member, she didn't want it to be this way. Stalking them was not something she enjoyed or wanted to do anyway. 

She turned around and went down the stairs. She had forgotten which floor they were on. She looked around and saw nothing that was familiar. Where was she? The last thing she wanted to happen was to be caught alone. She didn't speak, so she wouldn't be able to explain herself. No one would believe she's a trainee for that same reason. She was so nervous she could feel her chest heaving and her palms sweating. She wanted to get out before her sister and the others made trouble. She wanted no part of it, and she really didn't want to get in trouble for something she wasn't a part of. By the looks of it, she was on a floor where a lot of the practice rooms were. Each one had a specific name. "Red Velvet", "TVXQ", "Girls' Generation", "Super Junior", "Shinee"..."EXO"...

Was it possible any of them were in there? No, she thought, it doesn't matter. All she wanted was to walk past them all and get out of the building that she didn't belong in. As she passed EXO's practice room, she heard voices coming from the other side of the closed doors.

"You almost got it, Yeol," That voice. It sounded like Kai. 

"I know Jongin, just let me try it again." Soojung heard Chanyeol's deep voice. They were clearly working on a dance. Which one? Did she care? 

She hesitated but carefully rested her head onto the door, letting her ears take in their conversation. A small smile curved on her lips from hearing their voices. This was the first time she heard them so up-close and he sounded so natural. No one was speaking for them. They weren't being someone they weren't. No script. Only themselves. They were human. When that thought entered her mind, her smile faded to a small frown. She realized she didn't feel anything else. She didn't feel all excited and giddy. She wasn't ready to panic. It was similar to how she felt seeing them at the airport and on the plane. Being around EXO was like being around anyone else. 

She heard Sehun inside the room as well. She heard him mumble his small rap verse that came after Chanyeol's along with the song that was playing on the speakers. She supposed they were working on their continuing tour. He was amazing, they all were.

"I think we're out of water." She heard Kai say.

"Okay, I'll just go get some more from the break room," Sehun replied, his voice sounding like it was getting closer to the door.

Soojung didn't know what to do. Sehun was super close and getting closer. How could she get away without being seen by him? She pulled herself away from the door to make a run for it. As soon as she took a few steps away from the door, she heard it open. She froze. Maybe if she didn't move, he wouldn't notice her and will walk in the opposite direction.

"Oh, hello," Sehun said as the door shut right behind him. Crap, she thought. Sehun's head tilted to the side slightly in confusion. He saw a girl in a small pink floral dress and white flats. Her shoulders were tensed up to her face with her back facing him. She had one foot forward as if she were frozen in place mid step. Her dark brown hair had a slight wavy texture to it and slicked down her back all the way to her waist. Her skin wasn't too tan or too pale. He hadn't even seen her face yet and he was already blinking to make sure he was seeing her clearly. He cleared his throat to further acknowledge the fact he saw her. She was not invisible. 

"Who are you?" He a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter