Chapter 1

PAPARAZZI
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Lee Soona and her fellow group of Sasaengs follow EXO to Beijing, China for their EXO Planet Tour.    

Paparazzi

Crazy:

As she sat at her desk, she thought about all that had happened within the past few months. Every time she wiped her eyes, more tears would take their place as if she hadn't wiped them at all. She couldn't believe what she had done and how it all ended. What was she supposed to do now? Better yet, how did all of this happen in the first place?

Her first thought traveled to the thought about her parents. It was ugly, she recalled. The depression that would come for her afterward was agonizing. She remembered how empty she felt. There was no more purpose, no more joy. There was nothing, at least not until April 8th, 2012. For the first time in so long, she could finally remember joy. More than that, the comfort they brought her in the darkest of times was like receiving the warmest hug on the coldest night. The more she watched them, the more she felt like she knew them. When did the day come when the screen was no longer enough? She didn't know. 

Now here she was, alone in her room behind her screen again. Only this time she was staring at a blank Word document for the past two hours thinking about what she should write. She watched the indent blinking over and over, waiting for her to think of the right words to put down. There was no real reason for doing this, but she felt like she had an obligation to fulfill. People had to know the truth, but what was the truth? Who's fault was it? Was it hers? Was it everyone's or no one's? She didn't know the answer to that either. All she did know was that she had to get it done. The last one. The article of her life.

"Greetings, everyone. My name is Lee Soona. You might know me better as EXO's sasaeng. This is the story of how I met Kim Junmyeon, also known as EXO's leader, Suho. I have a lot to explain..."

....

September 21st, 2014

Lee Soona could still remember it like it was yesterday. Summer was finally coming to an end. It was the first night of the Autumn season. So much had already happened that year. EXO released the song of the year with their 3rd mini album, Overdose earlier that summer. Since then, Soona and her friends have been dedicating their days to following EXO around for their EXO Planet Tour. They were in Beijing, China now and were returning from the second show. However, they weren't going back to their hotel room, oh no. Instead, they were on the outside of the hotel's building across the parking lot. Some were sitting at a fountain that wasn't currently in use. EXO had just returned from the show. It was late, but the street lights gave plenty of sight. They weren't here for a simple sight of their idols this time. No, they were here for business.

"Amazing. They try to throw us off track but we see right past it." Eunjoo said as she sat at the fountain. She was the oldest member at nineteen. She laughed into her cell phone while looking at her laptop.

"I know!" HyeJin giggled, sitting beside her, "They made four different reservations for hotels, but the real one is so obvious!"

"So we're at the right one?" Soona sat with Jae-Eun on the fire escape of the hotel.

"Yeah. They're all on the fourth floor," HyeJin said. She took Eunjoo's phone to talk to them since they couldn't go on speaker in public, "Tao and D.O. are closest to you. They're room 455."

"Great. We'll head up now." Soona looked up to the window they'd be entering, "Remember to look after Soojung, you guys."

After Soona hung up the phone, Eunjoo took her phone back from Hyejin and gave a snide look to Soojung who sat on her other side.

"What's the matter with you?" Eunjoo asked. She could never stand the innocent look on Soojung's face. Her doe eyes always had her looking afraid of something. It was annoying, for sure. Eunjoo continued, "Do you think they'll get in trouble?"

Soojung only shook her head no. It wasn't like any of them ever expected to get a vocal answer from her. Soojung was two months shy of eighteen and hadn't spoken in over three years. Soona and Jae-Eun climbed up the fire escape to the fourth floor. Jae-Eun almost slipped, but she luckily caught herself so Soona could pull her up onto the balcony of the room.

"You have to at least try being careful," Soona reminded her and Jae-Eun nodded apologetically. "Get the window open."

Jae-Eun couldn't get the balcony door open since the lock and handle were different and windows were her specialty. There was a window right next to the balcony so Jae-Eun leaned over and picked the lock with a hanger then slowly lifted the window open. She poked her head in and saw no one in sight. They must not have returned to their rooms yet, they assumed.

"The coast is clear," Jae-Eun grinned in excitement as did Soona.

"Great!" Soona climbed in first then Jae-Eun.

It was a nice room, the same size as a studio apartment. Their hearts fluttered at the fact that this was where Tao and Kyungsoo were staying right now. Their stuff was everywhere. Clothes were in the drawers under the television and on the two queen-sized beds. These were Tao's and Kyungsoo's clothes! These were things they touched and wore. These were things that held their scent.

"Oh my god, Tao's watch!" Soona ran over to the end table by one of the beds and picked up Tao's fashionable gold Rolex watch, "He really does have good taste in fashion!"

Soona didn't hesitate to drop the watch into her bag that was slung over her shoulder. Jae-Eun looked around and devoured Kyungsoo's clothes. He was her ultimate bias, after all, so this was a great moment for her.

"He smells so good!" Jaeun giggled in admiration, "Better than I ever imagined."

"Find anything that's useful?" Soona turned and looked at the youngest member of her group. While Soona was almost nineteen, Jae-Eun was still only fourteen and a first year in high school.

"Yeah. How much do you think D.O.'s underwear will sell?" Jae-Eun lifted a pair of Kyungsoo's red boxers out of the draw.

"I think they'll sell just as well as his hair," Soona went over to the other bed and saw some strands of dark brown hair on the pillow. "You have the plastic bag to put this in?"

Jae-Eun reached into her pocket and pulled out a small plastic baggy to give to Soona. Soona carefully lifted the strands of hair and put it into the baggy then placed it in her bag.

"I'll go after Sehun's next!" Jae-Eun clutched Kyungsoo's underwear and put it in Soona's bag, "I wonder what kind he wears."

"I don't know. I'm mostly curious about Suho. We need to find a way to get my hands on some of his stuff." Soona biased Suho so much more than any other member. His motherly and sweet personality, his good looks, his money, what wasn't there to love about him? He was beyond perfect. He was the best leader of any other group. He was everything.

When Soona and Jae-Eun turned to head out before they could be caught, their ears caught a faint sound. It was coming from the bathroom.

"Do you hear...Singing?" Soona lowered her voice to a whisper. She put her ear to the bathroom door and heard the shower water running and, "Tao?"

"Oh my god!" Jae-Eun freaked out quietly. "Our Tao panda sings in the shower!"

They both squealed as discreetly as they could before Soona quickly reached into her bag to pull out a voice recorder.

"This should get plenty of attention online." Soona snickered to herself, placing the recorder on the end table to record Tao in the bathroom. She gestured for Jae-Eun to be silent so their voices wouldn't disrupt the recording.

They didn't think about the wrongfulness of going through their things and stealing their stuff to sell to other obsessed fans. None of them thought about how much of a violation of privacy it was to record someone singing in the shower without their knowing. She knew nothing of respect for them because it wasn't important. She a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter