-3-

63 Building
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyeri POV

 

“he looks the same. Byun Baekhyun still looks so handsome. But I could see his jawlines now. He lost some weight, didn’t he?” I tried to speak to Jongdae inside the car. He had been so extremely quiet after the sudden meeting with Baekhyun.

I didn’t expect to meet him there. I just back from China the day before and he bought me a ticket to a musical. Jongdae knew I enjoyed musical, and I knew he wanted to watch it because it was his dream aferall..to be a singer..

But it was all scattered because he had to take care of me.

Kim Hyeri who didn’t have legs. Kim Hyeri who didn’t have anyone but Kim Jongdae.

Jongdae stopped the car infront of our house. We bought a new one since I couldn’t walk now. What did you expect me to live alone in apartment????

Jongdae opened the door widely before he took me on his arms. He carried me bridal style and put me down on the couch. He closed the door and sit next to me. He finally let out a deep sigh. I knew he was mad at me.

“Jongdae, I am sorry, I-“

“when will you tell Baekhyun?” he asked me, half interrupted me to be honest.

I glared at him “didn’t I clearly tell you that I didn’t want Baekhyun to know about it?”

“He saw you, he saw us. And in no time he would already knew where we live.” Jongdae said

“why should I? he will leave me anyway? Who will marry a girl who had no legs like me? Who will marry a girl who cannot walk? who would marry a girl who can’t do house work because she had no legs????” I hit my non-exist legs. Jongdae’s grip on my wirst was too strong I couldn’t continue my rebell act.

I finally cried. After this whole year I tried to hide my tears, I finally broke down.

Jongdae hugged me and carresed my hair.

“don’t ever said that anymore..I hate it..you are fine, Hyeri..you are blessed..” he whispered “should we go back to china for good?” he asked, still having me on his chest

“no..” I shaked my head “I love Baekhyun so much, Jongdae…” and I cried louder than I’ve ever done before.

 

 

Baekhyun POV

 

I am sick. I could not sleep, I could not eat anything for these past days. After I met Hyeri and –heck- Jongdae that day I didn’t come to work. I didn’t come to check on my gallery and paintings. They said the paintings were all sould out. Even the one that I cherished more than anytning.

The painting which told a story about our first meeting.

“why did I sell that painting?” I rubbed my face hardly and let out a long sigh “I should take back that painting”

And I was already inside my car to go to the buyer’s house. I asked my secretary to find the buyer’s adress before. This person didn’t live in a luxurious apartment nor in an exclusive are but he/she could afford the extremely high price for that painting. No one even took a glance to that painting before because for them it was just a scenery painting from the top of 63 Building and the expensive price, they found it as a nonsense.

I parked my car infront of the house’s gate. The house was so simple. It was one storey house and all white, but it had a large garden one. The owner’s car was parked in the garage. So I assumed they were inside.

The fresh smell from the grass welcomed me as I walked to the main door. There were also some blooming flowers there. And they were all wet from watering. I cleared my throat before I rang the bell.

“who’s there?” I could hear a man’s voice and his quick steps from inside. A man? Bought such a greasy painting and did flowering? Or maybe he’s the husband?

The door was finally opened. I diverted my gaze from the floor to look up his face. My bright smile changed into a frown already. My fist formed a ball as my nails dig in my palm. Kim Jongdae was standing in front of me.

“you are finally here” He said. I was still shooting him a death glare when I heard a woman’s voice from the inside of the house.

“Jongdae, who Is that?” she asked. Without seeing the latter’s face, I already knew that it’s Hyeri. I could still remember how sweet her voice was.

“you two are married?” I asked Jongdae. He looked so surprised and took a step back. But he remained calm afterwards.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter