planting seeds of worry

Mischief Makers

 

cr: kpopsuperheroes, elaysium, xiuxiu900326 (tumblr)

this may as well be a full on baeklay fic with all these ahaha jesus this otp gives me emotions 

________________________

Luhan knocked on the door to Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room, waiting a few seconds before concluding that they must still be asleep. Luhan bit his lip, wondering what to do now.

Giving into his curiosity, he opened the door slowly and gingerly looked in.

Luhan’s jaw was ready to drop off when his eyes raked over the scene on Baekhyun’s bed. He eyed the two’s arms wrapped tightly around each other, their chests flush against the other as Baekhyun lay partly on top of Yixing with his head tucked snugly into Yixing’s neck. Their legs intertwined in an almost romantic fashion. 

Luhan balled his fists up as a surge of rage washed over him. Luhan understood that Baekhyun and Yixing were best friends and he took care to keep his jealousy under control as he feared Yixing would grow tired of his jealous spouts. It was just so difficult when he was simply a naturally possessive man. He doesn’t allow anyone to use his bed, or his phone or anything he valued greatly. When it comes to Yixing, he feels the strongest sense of possession when anyone gets too close to him.

And when someone gets emotionally close to him with intentions of being more than friends, loathing fills his entire being. With Baekhyun, he has always had a nagging feeling that they are too close to be just friends.

As his mind wandered, he had successfully calmed himself down as much as possible, though he was still irritated. 

“Yah! Wake up you guys, it’s late.” Luhan shouted, annoyed, then his heels to go out the room, not forgetting to slam the door in an attempt to release his frustration. 

While Chanyeol didn’t even flinch – as expected from the deep sleeper – Yixing whined at the loud slam and turned over with the intention to sleep some more. Jostling hands gave him no such luxury, however, and he squinted at Baekhyun tiredly. The other looked simply exhilarated and resembled a young schoolboy excited to go on his first schooltrip.

“Step 1 was a success!” Baekhyun whispered excitedly. He grinned, whistling to himself happily while he changed into comfortable yet fashionably acceptable clothes. Yixing couldn’t help the smile that tugged at his lips.

====><====

Yixing and Baekhyun exited the room a few minutes later, chattering away as per. Luhan stared at both of them from the couch, his knees brought up to his chest and arms crossed, the way a sulking child would. When Yixing didn’t even take a moment to glance in his direction and only sat at the dining table next to Baekhyun – much too close to Baekhyun, he adds sourly – the well known sensation of being pissed off seeps into him. 

“I think he’s going to melt me with that intense glare of his.” Baekhyun whispered to Yixing, grinning when he feels an almost ominous cloud originating from the couch. Yixing snickers and is tempted to take a quick glance at his idiotic boyfriend but swiftly quells the urge. 

“One down, one more to go.” Yixing murmured, smiling amicably. 

As 15 minutes passed, Kyungsoo had gathered the members and sat them around the table. Luhan was still glaring at Minseok who had seated himself on the other side of Yixing before he got the chance, but the eldest was too busy joining in with the wonderful discussion Baekhyun and Yixing were having to notice. Chanyeol was the last to finally drag himself out of bed and drop down on the seat next to Luhan. 

Throughout the whole period of having breakfast, the two main occupants of Luhan’s vision could not get their hands off each other. And it was pushing Luhan over the edge. 

“Hey.” He nudged the happily eating Chanyeol who then turned his attention to Luhan. “Don’t you think Baekhyun and Yixing are being a little too close today?” Luhan voices his concern.

Chanyeol looks over at the two laughing on the other end of the table. “Nah, not really.” Chanyeol continues eating and, unfortunately for Luhan, also continues talking around his full mouth, “I mean, they’ve always been close right? Don’t worry so much.” He pats the disgruntled Luhan on the back, who tentatively resumes eating.

====><====

Later on that day, the group was faced with the task of sending some of them to get groceries, to which the only solution a bunch of young ‘adults’ could come up with was rock, paper, scissors.
Baekhyun whooped in delight and slung his arms around Yixing as they both got out of the job, later high-fiving Chanyeol as he won the next round. 

“Wait, I’ll go anyway, I need to get myself some things. Yah, Luhan, you’re coming too. I need you to help me with something.” Minseok told the group before holding onto Luhan’s arm. Luhan groaned but yielded to his elder, all the while eyeing his boyfriend and Baekhyun suspiciously.

“Whatever, I’ll go get ready.” Luhan grumbled and trudged to the entrance of their apartment to try and locate his Nike shoes from among the pile of unkempt footwear. Minseok winked at Baekhyun discreetly before turning and collecting a pair of shoes from his own neat shelf.

When the door shut after the last of the grocery group left, Chanyeol excitedly asked Baekhyun to join him in a game of Mario Kart but his invite was swiftly declined. Baekhyun looked away, saying something about how he and Yixing were busy and that he should play with Sehun instead. Baekhyun grabbed Yixing and dragged him away, leaving Chanyeol disappointed as he watched the two disappear into his shared room.

“Chanyeol, I want to play Mario Kart!” Sehun beamed at him from the sofa.

“Did somebody say Mario Kart?” Jongin shouted eagerly as he ran into the living room, “Prepare yourselves for the bitter taste of defeat losers!” Jongin jumped onto the sofa next to Sehun who rolled his eyes at his exuberant friend.

Chanyeol couldn’t help but laugh and soon he was racing through Moo Moo Meadows with Sehun, Jongin and Kyungsoo who was forced happily joined.

It was after the 3rd race in the grand prix that Chanyeol had excused himself to get a drink and let the other 3 continue with the intense battle. 

“WHO SENT THAT ING BLUE SHELL, I WILL MURDER YOU.” Kyungsoo screeched suddenly; soon after, the sound of Sehun’s cackling filled the apartment and Chanyeol snorted at the ridiculous antics.

Before he could reach the kitchen, he was stopped in his tracks when Baekhyun emerged from their room looking flushed with his chest rising and falling more than normal. Baekhyun grinned at Chanyeol then continued walking towards the living room while Chanyeol simply stared after him, confused. He turned back towards his door when he heard it shut. Yixing, whose hair Chanyeol swore was a bit messier than before, looked up at him.

“Hey Channie.” Yixing smiled - though somehow it seemed slightly more like a smirk - and Chanyeol was wondering whether it was just him or if Yixing’s voice really was coarser than normal. He didn’t get a chance to reply as Yixing sauntered away, moving towards the vibrant commotion.

Chanyeol stood still for a few moments, brows creased in unease.
He shook off the feeling and went to get some water, “Stop being ridiculous Chanyeol, Baekhyun would never do anything like that.” He mumbled to himself, “Yeah! Of course he wouldn’t! How stupid of me.” Chanyeol chuckled and returned to the living room.

Pushing back his doubts and the desire to interrogate his boyfriend, he smiled at the rambunctious group and watched Baekhyun fondly as he messed around with the angered Jongin’s controller.

The moment Chanyeol turned to the TV, Baekhyun glanced up at Yixing to his left, the mischief clear in his eyes as the two shared a dark grin.