beginnings of chaos

Mischief Makers

cr: elaysium, tumblr

a/n: This fic is completely ridiculous and not serious at all lmao it was really fun writing it though

also, these were the room arrangements from last year or something (whenever I wrote this) but I just kept it like this anyway.

_______________________

 

“Who took my candies?!”

 A yell ripped through the dorm. Yifan, who at this moment was enjoying a nice cup of tea, startled and almost spilt his beloved beverage over his lap.
Jesus, that was close. Yifan sighed in relief, sinking back into the sofa and smiling contently.

Yixing stared at the empty corner of the cupboard, which his precious candies previously occupied. His hands shook as he clenched them into fists, head hung in rage.
Whoever did this will die a painful death. How dare they? How dare— His head snapped up, eyes wide and teeth clenched.
Luhan.

“Luhan!” He screamed out. Yifan jumped and the warm liquid splashed onto his shirt.

“! God ing damnit!” He stood hastily, the wet shirt sticking uncomfortably to his skin as he started to flail about. “Yixing, you piece of !” Curses filled the recently-turned hectic dorm. Kyungsoo backed away slowly to retrieve a cloth and wipe the mess on the floor.

Yixing paid no attention to Yifan’s comment and sprinted to Luhan’s shared room. He kicked the door open, which made a loud bang as it hit the wall, and barely acknowledged the shocked Sehun who jumped a feet into the air and consequently slipped on the sheets and fell in a lump by the bed. He stomped to the ensuite bathroom, barging the door open.
He eyed the familiar figure with his back to him, sitting cross legged in the bath tub.

Luhan turned hastily at the sound of the door, a chocolate bar stuffed into his mouth and various candy wrappers surrounding him.
There was a silent pause. Yixing could just make out the swearing of an angry Yifan in the other room.
They stared at each other, Yixing looking at each individual candy wrapper before landing on his favourite chocolate bar currently stuffed in the other boy’s mouth.

“...Hi,” Luhan uttered and laughed nervously with chocolate staining his teeth, “this isn’t what it looks like, I just felt this surge wash over me and I swear it wasn't me, maybe it was an alien or something, that caused the intense candy craving and somehow I just ended up here-” Luhan couldn’t finish his explanation, however.

“You ing !” Yixing stormed towards him. Luhan scurried back and looked up, wide eyed at the fuming Yixing. Yixing flailed his arms about helplessly, wanting to inflict pain on the somehow older man in front of him but not quite knowing how to.

Yixing released a frustrated yell. He flipped the shower on to the coldest setting before stomping back out of the bathroom, a string of yells and curses emitting from the now wet Luhan.

------ <> -------

“Hey Chanyeol, have you seen my favourite tee?” Baekhyun asked, still looking through his drawers in search of the Boy London tee he got a few months ago.
The tall boy had just walked into their shared room to see the franticly searching Baekhyun.

“Uhm...” he gulped nervously, “No, I haven’t.”  

Baekhyun turned at hearing the hesitance in the other’s voice, eyeing the fidgeting male suspiciously.

He sighed. “What do you want to tell me, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun stood facing the boy and crossed his arms.

“Oh, nothing! What do you mean?” Chanyeol smiled, but Baekhyun could pick up the slightest bit of awkwardness that was not part of his natural smile.

“Let me rephrase: What do you need to tell me, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun tried again, putting extra emphasis on the other’s name and staring into his eyes in an attempt to make him crack.

And crack he did.

“I’m so sorry Baekhyun, I really am, but a couple days ago when I was choosing what to wear, I grabbed my jacket on the hanger and pulled on it without realising your shirt was underneath and because it was stuck on the hanger it ripped and I didn’t want to tell you because I was too scared but I’ll buy you another one when I get enough money I’m sorry!”  Chanyeol rushed out all at once, face flushed slightly from lack of oxygen and apprehension for Baekhyun’s reaction.

Baekhyun breathed in. Then sighed. “You ripped my Boy London tee.”

Chanyeol nods meekly.

“You ripped my favourite Boy London tee that happens to not be in circulation anymore.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen in a way that says ‘Oh ’. 

“Park Chanyeol you head!” Baekhyun shrieked, throwing Chanyeol’s snapback, that happened to be nearby, across the room to land in a half-filled bowl of soup Baekhyun had left last night. Chanyeol cried out in pain for his snapback, quickly going to wash it whilst Baekhyun screamed that THIS ISN’T THE END, PARK CHANYEOL!

------ <> -------

Baekhyun sighed agitatedly as he flopped down onto the sofa next to an equally irate Yixing, sliding down to rest his head on the elder’s lap. He looked up to see Yixing’s face, still with traces of annoyance, though he had lightened up considerably after seeing Baekhyun.

“Hey, what’s up Mr. Grumpy?” Baekhyun grinned, poking the soft creases between his eyebrows that were slightly furrowed. Yixing chuckled, hands threading through Baekhyun’s hair.

“Oh you know, just pissed at Luhan, the usual.” Baekhyun laughed, those two were always getting into hilarious spats.

“What did he do this time?”

“He took all of my secret candy stash and ate every single one of them.” Yixing let out a strangled noise, “you know how much I love my candy.” Baekhyun nodded in comprehension, definitely knowing how much he valued his secret candy stash, especially as they were hoarded from the last visit to China and were hard to find in Korea.

“How about you? You weren’t looking your normal, cheerful sassy self.”
Baekhyun’s face contorted into an annoyed grimace.

“Chanyeol ripped my favourite Boy London tee.” 

“. The one that’s not circulating now?”

“Yep. The one and only.”

Yixing scrunched his nose, understanding the pain of your favourite shirt being ruined.

“Damn, sorry Baek.” Yixing continued to brush his hands through the other’s silky hair, brushing his bangs away as Baekhyun closed his eyes. “Our boyfriends are .” Baekhyun hummed in agreement, enjoying the soft movements of Yixing’s gentle hands.

Yixing was startled when Baekhyun suddenly opened his eyes, grabbing onto his arm. The most evil, -eating grin took over his face and Yixing couldn't help being slightly afraid. Baekhyun leaned up, lips brushing against Yixing’s ear.

I have an idea.”

------ <> -------

The next day, Baekhyun awoke to the sight of Yixing sleeping (adorably) next to him on his bed. Although his back was turned to Chanyeol who was on the next bed, he could tell the other was still sleeping from the deep intakes of breath and the light snore.

From outside the room he can hear a few of the early-risers bustling around the dorm.

Kyungsoo, meanwhile, was preparing breakfast for everyone with the help of Junmyeon and Minseok. A sound of a door creaking open was followed by Luhan trudging out of his room, looking tired and disorientated as he always did in the morning.
“Rice!” He heard Minseok call out. Luhan guesses rice is included in today’s breakfast, yet again. He peered at the members in the kitchen and looked around the living room confusedly. 

“Hey guys, is Xing not up yet?” Luhan asked the 3, clearly surprised Yixing wasn’t part of the group preparing breakfast as he always is. 

“Nope, not seen him at all this morning.” Minseok commented, still busying himself with cutting up the meat. “Oh, but I did see him go into Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room last night.” 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. Why would he go in there? He’s always slept in his room with manager-hyung no matter how much I tried to get him to sleepover in mine. Luhan unconsciously bites his lip. I’ll just go check on him...

------ <> -------

Baekhyun lay in bed, idly twirling Yixing’s hair between his fingers. He listened to the activities on the other side of the door whilst he waited. Minseok’s distinctive voice cut through.

“Rice!” 

Baekhyun smirked.

Showtime.