Hallelujah

Just Kids

“So,” She began in a whisper, sliding her hands under my shirt. “Your parents are out?”

I grinned. “Hell yeah, I like the way you think.”

She arched an eyebrow. “What way am I thinking?”

“You know what way, baby.” I said in a low voice, picking her up and setting her down on the bed next to me. I pushed her down gently and hovered over her, my hands resting on either side of her face.

She grinned impishly up at me, tugging on my heartstrings.

“I ing love you.” I whispered, resting my forehead against hers. “Holy , I love you.”

“I love me, too.” She grinned, biting her lower lip. I just laughed, shaking my head.

 

I ran my hands down her body, smirking at her as I ed her jeans. I started singing to her and she smiled, a slow, sweet smile that made my heart thump against my chest.

“And I, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. And I’m just so ing lucky you’re my girl, girl, girl. And I, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. No, no, not anything.”

“Oh, I love that song.” She said softly, tilting up her hips so I could pull down her jeans. “You gonna rap Big Sean’s part to me?”

“No.” I laughed, trailing kisses down her thighs. “I’m too shy.”

“Sing me another song.” She whispered, reaching down to run her fingers through her hair.

“I love looking at you in the way God intended us. Talking ‘bout nothing on but a smile, and a little bit of sweat from when we made love.” I sang, tugging on the hem of her shirt. She nodded and I pulled it over her head. “And it got me singing, ooh. Your body makes me go, ooh. I throw up both my hands, say thank you to the man. Cause just to touch you is a blessing, and I’m glad I can.”

She giggled, a delightful sound that had me singing out the chorus.

“All I can say is, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, pretty baby. You got me religious, got me religious, got me religious.”

I repeated the lines as she reached out and pulled off my t-shirt. She sprinkled kisses across my chest as I continued singing to her.

“I love bein’ with you. Cause you’re easily worth adoring. Your voice in my ear like a choir of angels. Easy like Sunday morning.” I unhooked her bra as she continued working kisses on my chest, leaving a few hickeys here and there.

“My mother would beat me if she could witness this right now.” She whispered against my skin. “And then take me to church.”

“I can give you a spiritual experience right now, baby.” I teased, smirking. “And you don’t ever have to leave this bed.”

“Shut up and sing, Jimin. Don’t be sacrilegious.” She laughed under her breath at me, tugging down my sweatpants.

“And you got me singing ooh. And your body makes me go ooh. And I just throw up both my hands, say thank you to the man. Cause to be around you is a blessing and I thank God I can. And all I can say is, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, pretty baby. You got me religious, got me religious, got me religious.”

“I love you.” She murmured, pulling my head down to hers for a kiss.

“I love you, too, baby.”

 

We stretched out on the bed, fumbling with gentle and overeager hands.

“, it’s been so long.” She whispered, arching her neck as I kissed down her soft skin.

“Too long.” I agreed, nipping at her clavicle. “You’re so perfect.”

You’re perfect.” She breathed, running her hands down my back. She started singing to me in a low, sweet voice. “All I can say is ‘Thank you, Lord, for bringing this one to me.’ Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah.”

“I love you.” I whispered, lying down on top of her.

“I love you, too.” She whispered back, wrapping her legs around me. “So, so much, Jimin.”

 

We didn’t talk much after that, just whispered I love you’s and some soft singing.

She fell asleep in my arms after we were finished, legs curled around mine, hair tickling my nose. Her even breathing soothed me as I ran my fingers along my soft skin.

“You feel like home.” I whispered to her. “I know it’s impossible to make someone else my home, but I feel like I belong in your arms.”

“Mmm.” She moaned, stirring in her sleep. I tightened my grip around her, tucking her head into my chest.

“I love you.” I kissed her hair, then closed my eyes. The last thing I heard before falling asleep was a muffled, “I love you, too, Jimin.”