04.

Take It Slow

    "Seulgi," Wendy said shaking the dark haired girl, trying her best to wake her up. Seulgi is a heavy sleeper. Once she goes to bed, she doesn't wake up. It would take around 30 minutes to get her to wake up. "Seulgi-yah, wake up."

    "Mmmm..."

    "Wake up! Wake up!" this time Wendy smacked Seugli's b*tt.

    "Ugh. Alright, I'm up," Seulgi said, her eyes still closed. She was shooing away Wendy's hands. "Now stop harrassing me."

    "Jesus Christ Seulgi! Get up!" Wendy was irritated. Wendy started poking Seulgi everywhere, and it only made Seulgi cover herself up with the blanket. She even tried bouncing up and down the bed, but nothing worked. Wendy started pushing Seulgi off the bed, but she wouldn't budge.

    "You're such a ert, Wendy! If you wanted to feel me up, just tell me!" Seulgi said throwing a pillow at Wendy's face. "First you touch my a** and now you want to touch my b**bs? What the fuc-"

    Before Seulgi could even finish her sentence, Wendy starts attacking her with a pillow. "Pillow fight!"

    "Stop! Wen- Ouch!" Seulgi said trying to cover her face. She was too sleepy for this, she didn't want to attack the blonde haired girl back, not right now. "Seungwan-ah, stop!"

   "Not until you get out of bed!" Wendy said, still hitting Seulgi with the pillow. She continued the attack until Seulgi grabs her wrist and pins her down on the bed.

    "You're gonna pay for that Son Seungwan!" Seulgi said, sat on the blonde's stomach. This time she was the one hitting Wendy with a pillow.

    "Get off me! Your suffocating me with your fat !" Wendy said laughing, trying to push her friend off her stomach.

    "My fat , huh?" Seulgi said. She stopped attacking Wendy with the pillow. And she had a deadly expression on her face. Wendy gulped. She knew how scary Seulgi can get when she was mad. And Seulgi looked really mad at the moment.

    "Seulgi Bear..." Wendy said nervously. That was her nickname for Seulgi because she looked like a bear.

    "Here have some more of my fat !" Seulgi said as she sat on Wendy's face.

    "Seugli-yah! Seungwan-ah! I'm here- oh. I guess I should have knocked." A voice from the door said.

    "Soojung!" Seulgi and Wendy said in unison.

    Before Seulgi could even stand, Wendy pushes her off her face and the bed and she falls to the floor.


    It was 8 in the morning and Irene was glad that she didn't have to go to work today. Her boss had to fly to Busan for a business trip. She sat on the dining table, stirring her cup of coffee. Moments like this were very rare. Irene didn't have much time for herself, but when she did she wanted peace and quiet.

    Irene thought about what her life would be like if she didn't have to make such a stupid mistake. She would probably be flying around the world right now, discovering new places and meeting so many people. It's either that or she would have been able to put up her own dance studio. She sighed to herself, taking a sip from her cup of coffee. But if that didn't happen, she wouldn't have Joy and Yeri. Her daughters were the most precious things in her life. People would say that she "ruined her life" but to her this was a blessing. Irene was able to grow physically, mentally and emotionally ever since she had them. Being a mother was terrifying but at the same time it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

    "Mommy..." Joy said, letting out a yawn. She was rubbing her eyes, still adjusting to the light.

    Irene picked Joy up and kissed her on the forehead. "My Sooyoungie is turning into a big girl now. Is your sister still asleep?"

    Joy nodded.

    "Is my baby hungry? What do you want to eat for breakfast?"

    "Pancakes! I want pancakes!"

    "Alright! Pancakes it is!" Irene said, smiling.


    It was a little past noon when Seulgi, Wendy and Soojung decided to walk around. The sky was blue and the sun was out. The sunlight was warm on their skin but the wind was cold. It wasn't the perfect weather but it was good enough for the three of them to spend time with each other outdoors.

   The three of them met back in college. The three were roomates then but Soojung left so she can continue her studies abroad. Soojung had jetblack hair, pink lips and pale skin. Her looks were so sharp, people usually think she's an actress or an idol. Her personality was exactly like the half of Wendy's and the half of Seulgi's. Just like Wendy, she came from the U.S. People call her Krystal, but she still prefers being called Soojung over that. Soojung is just as warm as Wendy. She was friendly but she likes spending time on her own, just like Seulgi. The three of them get along pretty well because they were all so different and similar, their personalities didn't clash with one another.

   They didn't really plan where they were going that day. But they knew they'd end up sitting on their favorite bench, it was a few meters away from the playground and a few blocks away from their apartment. The bench was under a tree so it would protect them from the heat of the sun.

   "I thought you were coming home next week?" Seulgi asked Soojung.

    "Yeah, I was. But I was able to book a ticket for an earlier flight," Soojung said, looking up at the sky. "I sure missed Korea. You didn't get my text? I texted the both of you right when I landed."

    Seulgi shook her head. "I wasn't able to check my phone last night. I passed out like the lazy pig that I am." She nudged Wendy's shoulders. "Why didn't you tell me?"

    "That's why I was trying to wake you up!" Wendy rolled her eyes. "So, Soojung. Are you still dating that boy? What's his name again? Taemoo?"

    "Ha ha very funny, Wendy." Soojung said in a playful manner. "Yes, we're still dating."

    "Wow, just get married already!" Seulgi laughed, causing the two other girls to laugh as well.

    Soojung blushed. "I wish he would just ask me." She looked down at her fingers. "I really think he's my soulmate, you know? I honestly think he's 'The One'."

    'The One'. Seulgi didn't really like hearing those two words. She stopped believing in things like that along time ago. But if they did exist, she knew that Soojung and Taemin were made for each other. They've dated for about 5 years now and they really had a stable and healthy relationship. Those two were destined for each other. You could tell by the way they looked at each other. Or when she mentions his name her eyes light up. Their love is real love, Seulgi thought.

    While Soojung and Wendy were busy talking about 'The One', Seulgi spots two girls running around. They looked awfully familiar. One of the girls, she was probably the older one, had her hair down. While the younger one was in pigtails. They both had really light brown hair or was it strawberry blonde? Seulgi didn't know, 

    "Yeri! Joy! Be careful!" it was the children's mother. She sounded tired, breathless from running after them.

    "Seugli Bear." Wendy said, distracting her. "Let's go grab something to eat."

    "Oh yeah sure go ahead. I'll follow." Seulgi said.

    Wendy and Soojung stared at her, surprised that she wouldn't want to eat. If there's one thing Seulgi loves, it's eating. "Um, Suelgi are you okay?" Soojung asked.

    "Yeah, I'm fine. Just go ahead. I think I left something back at home." Seulgi told them.

    "Um...okay?" Soojung said, still confused about what happened. Was Seulgi out of her mind? Soojung thought. Soojung and Wendy looked at each other, both looking confused. "I guess we'll text you then."

    "Mmm yeah." Seulgi replied.

    The two looked at Seulgi, confused and shocked. Seulgi never turned down food. But maybe whatever she left back at home was important so they decided to go ahead, just like what Seulgi told them.

    "What the just happened?!" Soojung said, still in shock.

    "I have no idea." Wendy said, linking arms with Soojung as they walked ahead.

 

    Irene was trying to catch her breath. Joy and Yeri wanted to go to the playground so she agreed. But as soon as she said yes the two ran as fast as they can. Irene mumbled. "How can they still be so full of energy?" Instead of running, she decided to walk. She was panting so hard, she was probably gonna pass out if she continued running. "Yeri! Joy! Be careful!" She shouted.

    As soon as she got there, she saw a dark haired girl talking to her children. It was mother's instinct to panic, but something about this unknown girl felt familiar and safe. The dark haired girl smiled so warmly at her children, she couldn't help but smile too. She was sitting on the ground so she was about the same height as Yeri and Joy. Irene walked towards them and said, "How many times do I have to tell the both of you not to run off like that? What if something bad happens?"

    "Sorry, mom." Joy and Yeri said in unison.

    "Ah, no wonder why these girls looked so familiar." The dark haired girl said, smiling fondly at the kids. "Hey Irene."

    Irene greeted her with a smile. "Hello Seulgi."