02.

Take It Slow

    "Someone looks like she's in a good mood," Seulgi's roomate, Wendy said as she entered the door. Wendy was busy cooking dinner for the both of them.

    Wendy and Seulgi have been roomates for 3 years now. They met each other back in college and remained close friends since then. Wendy was a business major while Seulgi took a Fine Arts course.

    "Smells nice. What are you cooking?"

    "It's a surprise," Wendy said while cutting some vegetables. "So tell me, why are you in such a good mood? Did something happen to you? Finally found 'The One'?"

    "No but I did meet someone today." Seulgi said, propping her elbows on the kitchen counter. "She was really nice. She looked about our age or maybe a bit older. She had a baby face. She has kids-"

    "Wait, hold up she has kids?!"

    "Well yes but she's a single mom and-"

    "Single mom? Seulgi, are you out of your mind?" Wendy said waving her hands up while holding the knife

    "Woah. Seungwan-ah, chill out," Seulgi said afraid that Wendy might hurt someone with the knife, "I just want to be her friend that's all."

    "'Friend', sure that's what you always say." Wendy said as she continued to chop the remaining vegetables.


    "MOMMY I'M HUNGRY!" Joy whines while sitting on the dining table, impatiently waiting for the food.

    "Yeah mommy, me too. I'm hungry~" Yeri said, slamming her fists on the table.

    The two girls looked at each other and started slamming their fists on the table, yelling "We're hungry! We're hungry!". Irene hurriedly grabbed the pot of noodles she made and placed it on the dining table.

    "Here you go!"

    "Noodles...again?" Joy said with a frown on her face, her level of enthusiasm obviously not the same.

    "I'm sorry, baby. You know mommy can't cook that well, right?" Irene said, feeling a bit disappointed. She wasn't the best cook out there, but she really tries for the sake of her daughters. Joy was 6 years old and Yeri was 4. She knew that at that age children would be very picky when it comes to food. She would love to learn some other recipes, but she has no time for that. "It's better than eating nothing, right?"

    "Yeah okay..." Joy said.

    "It's okay, mommy. I love everything you cook for us!" Yeri said with the biggest smile on her face, "Thank you, mommy."

    "Who knew my little monster could be so sweet?" Irene said, while pinching Yeri's cheeks, "Okay, both of you better eat up. Mommy will be off to work soon!"

 

    "Okay, I'll go ahead." Wendy said with a spoonful of food in .

    "You do this every night and you don't even get paid." Seulgi said.

    "She's my sister's friend, it's the least I could do for her. And besides, she's like a sister to me too." Wendy said, drinking a glass of water.

    "Maybe next time I could babysit for you instead." Seulgi said, watching her friend walk towards the door grabbing her coat and bag.

    "Maybe." Wendy said, before closing the door, "Oh right, before I forget. Wash the dishes, alright? And clean it well."

 

    It was pretty cold outside, Wendy was rubbing her hands together to keep them warm. "Should have brought gloves with me."

    Wendy has long blonde hair. She has a very bright smile and a very warm personality. She's a multi-talented person too. She can cook, dance, sing and she plays a lot of instruments. Just like Wendy, Seulgi loved to sing too. Sometimes they would do duets just for fun. Wendy always loved it when Seulgi sang. She was a great singer, and she had a lovely voice. It wasn't husky like hers, Seulgi's voice was different but in a good way.

    Wendy would always worry about Seulgi. They were the same age but she always felt over-protective over her friend. Seulgi is like a little sister that you would always have to watch over. She is as delicate as a teddy bear and Wendy would always have to take care of her. They weren't just friends, they were sisters. And she wouldn't want anyone to hurt Seulgi. Seulgi has already gone through so much, she didn't want her friend to get hurt again.

    
    "Ah~ finally, I'm here." Wendy said as she stepped on a rug that says "Welcome Home". She knocked on the door.

   "You're here! Thank God. I'm going to be late." A girl who was a few years old than Wendy said as she opened the door, she was running back and forth looking for her keys and checking if she was wearing the right uniform. "If you're hungry I left some food in the kitchen for you. Just heat it up."

    "Alright, unnie. Go ahead, I'll watch over the brats for you."

    "Joy! Yeri! Mommy's off to work now," Joy and Yeri ran over to the front door giving their mom a kiss goodbye. "Be good to Wendy. I'll be back as soon as I can."

    "Goodbye, Irene unnie." Wendy said as Irene waved goodbye to her and gave flying kisses to her children.