Sacred and Profane

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Chanyeol was struggling to find a way out of the place. He was able to take all of those doctors without putting them in any harm. He was shaking for he is soon to faint. It must be the blood loss from the wound of his thigh. He was getting dizzy and dazed. While heading towards the exit door of the underground laboratory, Chanyeol accidentally noticed an opened door on his right. In curiosity and for the sake of information, he decided to take a look at it. He was no longer surprised finding out several human bodies there under an experimentation. Poor, some of them are being abducted by the pharmaceutical company. They are going out to far just to develop the rarest medicine that only them can manufacture and produce. Chanyeol's grip tightened at the smooth plain walls of the place. He can finally see light in his eyes, his hope of seeing Baekhyun and Luhan again is becoming stronger. He can tell that those doctors won't be able to chase him because they all had fallen asleep when their heads hit the cart and corners of the room. This time, he won't let Mr. Myeon lay a finger on Baekhyun and so he told himself that once he gets out of this dungeon he will tell the authorities about the secret crimes of the company. There were no more fright in his heart. 

Can a man be brave if he's afraid? That's the only time a man can be brave.

Chanyeol kept thinking about all of it. The moment when he admitted that he had failed on preventing himself from falling for Baekhyun. He kept his smile, it makes him so happy. Those memories are so blissful and beautiful view of Baekhyun. Her hair fluttering in the cool wind of summer. The glimpse of the orange sunset sun that hits her face. Her round blushing cheeks in shyness and nervousness. When she asked why she had a pounding heart, it made things clear between the two of them. It made his monochrome life change, the butterflies around him they began to fly. Those days changed, those time became better. On that day, Chanyeol found the reason to keep living just like the day that he found the love of his life. Baekhyun cried, she cried on that day. Not because she was sad, she was so glad. So glad that she was right. Chanyeol does love her too.

Chanyeol successfully made it out of the facility. Although he was heavily exhausted and not quite sure if he can run, he still had the strong urge to escape the place. No one, he couldn't no one behind him. The relief of not seeing anyone is after makes him feel a little relaxed. Chanyeol found himself walking through the underground parking lot of the building. It was very familiar for him because he had been there countless times. The secret experimenting laboratory was connected to the Myeon's home through a long tunnel. Of course the construction of it was done at night so that no one will notice that something is changing on the ground. His gripping on the walls tightened as ache consumes more of his energy. Red, half length of his pajamas are stained by his blood. He is slowly becoming weaker and weaker, but that injury that he has done to himself doesn't even damage his hope. He was at it again, remembering those time when everyone thought that all was at ease. 

He pretended that it was, Chanyeol admitted it to himself and regretted it so much. If only he could turn back time, he will save Baekhyun and Luhan from all of these things before the conflict begin. Atrophy, he felt it. The city is has been corrupted in order to keep the status of those people. To only protect themselves, they had forsaken a lot of civil. Chanyeol's mind was messed, the effect of the drug was still in there. He became unsure if what he is seeing on his mind was genuine or just a product of delusion. He was confused, until he can no longer tell if he was Mue or that person who wears a white long laboratory coat that had the smile of an idiot. He doesn't know anymore, he felt restless and pain. Those feelings and memories started to mixed in together. Until he collapsed because someone stabbed his nape with a needle and syringe. Park Chanyeol did not made it, he fell into another failure towards freedom. The light vanished in his eyes and his heart sunken like a ferry on a winter night. He couldn't get into anything, and those transited into nothing. 

Baekhyun woke up from a nightmare, it was Chanyeol and he was trying to stab her with his scalpel. It was insane and frightening, she was shaking in terror when she opened her eyes and saw Jongin watching her from the other side of his room. Scarce in breath, she shoved the blanket away and impulsively got up from bed. Beads of her sweat dropped from the tip of her chin and fingers. Hot, she felt physically irritated and perplexed. Jongin was not in panic, but he went towards and asked her what did happened to her. For the first few seconds, Baekhyun only stared at him with an expression filled with bother. But Jongin forced her to tell him what was that about, until before Baekhyun was about to speak a lump of black goo formed on her hands. Their half-lidded eyes grew wider as they witnessed how the dullahan's power work uncontrollably. Jongin tried to stop her, but it only continued to manifest his room. The black power devoured and swallowed everything as if it was an endless abyss. Baekhyun stood up and called him as she begged Jongin to do something in order to stop it. Of course seeing how all his things disappears at the blink of an eye, it pissed Jongin so much that he threw away all of his doubts if he can really halt her. He ran towards her and successfully touched her shoulders as he grabs them. He pinned her on the wall and slapped her at the right cheek as he calls her name. Baekhyun was about to scream, but Jongin covered with his palm and resorted into strangling her. The black goo quickly disappeared as Baekhyun fell down while coughing.

It made Jongin angry that when he punched the wall small cracks appeared along with the mark of his hit. He didn't mean to hurt Baekhyun but accidentally discovering that in order to suppress the dullahan's power, she needs to feel a humanly pain. That unintentional method worked, but as soon as possible he wouldn't want to apply it if ever Baekhyun's power works because of a mistake. Jongin quickly apologized to Baekhyun and felt ashamed of what he has done to her. But he was more ashamed to face Kyungsan because he broke his promise to her. And Jongin doesn't lik breaking promises and failing Kyungsan's expectations. Baekhyun's expression only shifted into agitation, she was badly unaware at the control of her powers. Jongin's eyebrows furrowed deeper as he gotten tired of Baekhyun's helplessness. 

"Will you please stop sulking already?" Jongin grabbed her shoulders and shook her. 

"How would I? I understand nothing." Baekhyun responded with a gloomy face.

"Then it all! You had no choice after all." Jongin took away his hands from her shoulder and walked out of the messy room. 

The black goo was unable to devour the thing around the room, so it vomited all and left the place in disorder and ruins. As part of the contract, Jongin made Baekhyun proceed in attending school and resuming her normal daily activities. She came to school with his accompany and arrived in their homeroom in time. Baekhyun sensed the strong awkward atmosphere between her and Yeri. Again, she decided not to speak with her. Baekhyun wondered if Jongin was aware of her situation at school. Assuming that he really do know that fact, she can tell that there are some unknown members of Os watching every step she is taking. Their identity was being concealed perfectly so that no one will look at them as an alien. At the depth of her muted thoughts, Irene walked towards her and greeted her a good morning. She still hasn't placed her bag at her seat yet she preferred on calling Baekhyun's attention first.

"I talked to the club president. She said that you'll be able to practice today right after the classes." Irene said with a wide smile and lively expression on her face.

"Huh, oh that's good." Baekhyun faked a closed smile.

"My, you are supposed to be happy." Irene tapped her on the shoulder and laughed happily. 

"I don't know." she accidentally murmured.

"Joy? Did something happened? The man who had the big bike, is it because of him?" Irene moved forward and held her hand.

"N-no. Of course he had nothing to do with this. And, and he is my cousin." Baekhyun glanced at her right where Jongdae came exactly at the door with eyes only searching for her. His cheeks blushed in apricot, he was quickly flustered. 

"You must be having some good genes with you Joy. That guy is hot. Okay. what's his name? Can I meet him sometime?" Irene whispered and laughed again. 

"Since when did you had interest at dating?" Baekhyun mindlessly asked.

"Don't talk so loud, I don't want them to find out." Irene quickly covered Baekhyun's lips to refrain her from speaking. At that moment, Baekhyun was finally able to collect herself back. Amidst of the doubts on everyone, she was thankful that Joy had this kind of friend. Irene might not be honest and a pretender like all, but being around her changes the mood. Her presence is always has been light and filled with cheerfulness. She was like the small hole of hope in the middle of a long storm. Baekhyun shook her head and chuckled softly. Irene was glad that she is no longer upset now. So she called Yeri and Jongdae to tell them that Joy is now fine. 

Yeri smiled at her, it was the same smile that Baekhyun saw on the first day she attended the school. A friendly grin that welcomes her back and makes her feel home. Jongdae was still blushing, it so obvious that he really likes her so much. But, Baekhyun realized one thing. Although she was still learning to be a human, she couldn't experiment with the emotions. She cannot hurt him, she must not allow him to kiss her anymore. It's not going to be better, if she is not going to tell him that she is just upset yesterday it will be too late to wake up Jongdae's delusion. It could only get more complex.

Baekhyun looked at him with eyes tainted with weary as she stood up and grabbed his left wrist. There were no words as they left the homeroom walking hastily towards somewhere in school. Jongdae remained flustered and drowned by his emotions. He only steadily stared at the fluttering hair of hers and followed her without a single complaint. Even though her grip on his arm tightened that it started to be red, he kept going and anticipated what will happen next. Baekhyun remembered Jongin's realistic and harsh set of words. Well, it's true that she had no choice but to keep going and all of it. Sulking and constant loneliness will never fix or cure anything. She had to endure all the conflicts and survive until the day that her head and body meets. Reaching the building's rooftop where he kissed her, Baekhyun finally let go of his arm and gave him a straight-forwarded expression. 

Jongdae's eyes grew wide because she means it. It's not about the kiss that he stole thrice or four times, it's about his heart. His young, naive and teenage heart. Baekhyun admits that she remained raw and inexperienced when it comes to lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter