Helveltica

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There, is the sound of the siren coming from a rushing ambulance. The red and blue lights blinking and twirling along with the alarming sound to notify the people to give way for the half alive person. The oxygen tank and emergency first aid kid are temporarily attempting to keep Kyungsan breathing. She wouldn't open her eyes even how many and how loud Jongin calls her name. She can hear him clearly and fine, but her body won't really move. She was trying to feel anything at the tips of her fingers, but her senses are getting blunt and numb.

Kyungsan wondered if she is going to die because there was no sign of hope either despair in her heart. She was whole-heartedly hopeless and accepting that things will end for her incomplete. It was sad, but she is fully aware that death will be always inevitable. She will not cry because she was afraid to die, she will weep because leaving Jongin hanging is injustice. She can't bear and endure seeing and hearing him screaming and shedding infinite tears on her grave. There she is again, this felt the same when her mother tried to kill her with the eternal sword. Her emotions suddenly stopped working as if she doesn't have anything on her mind. It was tragic, unforgettable yet it was something not to dodge for her. 

Kyungsan thought if she would be able to live after this hilarious condition, she might tell Baekhyun to leave the place before the devil targets her. When she expected herself to be stronger than him, she was so wrong that the mistake put her life to a risk. It was funny that she wanted to laugh, now she believes in miracles and prayers. While returning home, she took the subway train already bleeding, injured and had broken bones. She was bruised but it's surprising that she was able to come home and see Jongin's angry face because he was so worried. 

The number of missed calls that she had from him was over thirty, a slightly strong proof that he cares about her. But why, why he didn't came when she passed out? Did the school really called and notified him about on what happened on her or was he just busy and had not much time to check his phone? Honestly and frankly, her mind right now is on mess. She can't think of only one thing to meditate. She wondered how the situation with eyes wide open looks like. 

"Kyungsan, please I'm begging you. Keep holding onto me." Jongin whispered as he holds her hand tightly. He was emotional and breaking down on the inside, but he was trying to look decent on the public's eyes. He don't want to interrupt the fast travel, he wanted to get Kyungsan treated and saved. He was able to keep being calm and composed until they reached the hospital. They jumped out from the ambulance and the guards quickly pushed the glass doors open. They rushed Kyungsan towards the emergency room and advised Jongin to stay out of the operation and wait patiently.

It's been a while since he was relaxed, it's been a while since he became so deeply depressed and confused. He quietly sat down at the nearest bench in front of the OR's doors. He was sweating, and the sleepiness disappeared at the moment Kyungsan collapsed. Tears began falling at the corner of his eyes as he looks at his hands stained with her blood. Revenge, his wide staring turned into a ferocious pair of dark brown orbs. Hands clenching into fists, whoever did this to her: he will never ever show qualms of mercy and kindness. The one who made Kyungsan suffer this much shall die right now and burn in the flaming sulfur — he said on his mind. He can't believe it, for it does feel like a dream. A bad dream that he is going to do anything just to wake up from it. 

While he cries, the world around him made him feel that no one would call attention how severe Kyungsan's condition. Jongin wonders if that one wish was selfish or foolish because in a place like this, situations like this are nothing new and unusual. But his lonely hour was cut when a girl who is the same age as his girlfriend suddenly noticed him. She remembers him, she remembered seeing the viral video that was being uploaded by an anonymous person. Her eyes sparkled in surprised and adoration as she walk towards the strongest man in Seoul City. 

Jongin is clueless as he glanced at her as his forehead wrinkled into curiosity why the girl seemed to be so glad and excited seeing him. It was odd because he can't recall a single memory of his if he had already met her few days, months or years ago. She was unfamiliar with him, but he can tell that she was also one of patients staying there because of her clothes. White pajamas, white loose and long sleeve shirt and an indoor oversize pair of slippers. Mention the patch of bandage on her head and also the medicated fabric wrapped around her hands. She smiled cheerfully in a night full of tension and burden, she went towards him like a child happily meeting her father for the first time. For him, all seemed to be in slow motion and clock is moving gradually. His head fell low, this is not the right time to act like a goody-goody person. What if she was the one that hurt Kyungsan? Oh, that's impossible. He's just thinking so much that it loses its own barriers and limitations. 

"My, it's you!" she exclaimed and pointed at his direction.

"Wait for me, hey you. Oh, it's him. This is such a surprise, a good surprise." Jongin flustered when another girl who is also in a patient getup running towards and approached her obviously friend. 

"This is a rare chance, we'd better ask his name." the first girl suggested.

"Oh yes, he really does look cute right? Hey, you." the second girl called him.

"What?" Jongin's voice was still shaking and unwavering as he wraps up his crying and wipes them with his dirty hands.

"That's dangerous. Wiping ye eyes with unwashed hands is hazardous." the first girl gave him a brand new and unused handkerchief to wipe his sweat and tears. The two girls sat down beside him, Jongin found himself between them. 

"The hell is this?" he groaned.

"Isn't that so rude? We did not sat beside you because we are ually attracted to you. It's because you need some help, did you just smacked or killed someone? You had blood all over you." it was Irene and the second girl was Yeri. They can only freely roam around the lobbies and hallways whenever their parents or personal nurses are off and out of the facility. 

"You should thank us, that's how most people do when receiving help from strangers." 

"I'm sorry, I just don't know how to respond." Jongin ferociously shook his head and inhaled. He leaned backwards and rubbed his scalp with his rough fingers. The white incandescent lights on the ceiling somehow makes him a little relaxed. As his hands balled into tight and hard fists, he prays to the heavens that Kyungsan will be alright after the operation and treatment. He imagines seeing her lying on a hospital bed, sleeping soundly with a very meek expression on her face. And when she wakes up again, she would display that plain smile and look away like she used to do. 

Yeri softly hit him on the shoulder and mentioned how she discovered him. She also admitted that the way the approached him was really lacking in manners and made him uncomfortable. Although it was just a mock apology, Jongin did not took a long time to accept it. He had no idea why the tension, depression and nervousness turns him into a calmer person that he was before. If this involves his group, he would have already gone berserk and hurried to take a revenge on whoever did that. It was in a contrast, he wondered why he remained sitting down there and doing nothing while two younger girls talks about their impression on how they knew him. 

Irene yawned and bent one of her legs as he glances at Jongin. She tilted her head and poked his side, it made him shiver in disgustion and unpleasantly in meeting them. He spoke in a passive aggressive voice with eyebrows creasing and grimacing.

"So what are you doing here at this hour?" Irene shamelessly asked.

"She, she was suffering and I did nothing. I was a stupid person." Jongin gave a parallel answer that made Yeri and Irene startle. 

"Did you just-" 

"Wait, you're such a coward!" Yeri grabbed his shirt and pushed him towards Irene that suddenly punched his back in anger.

"Kids be quiet!" one of the head nurse passing by scolded them with a sour face. People passing by and around drove their eyes at their direction and a flood of scolding followed. 

"Sorry..." Jongin muttered but Yeri resorted on slapping him. The clapping sound made Irene stand and pull her away from him. She was getting a little too harsh for him. Yeri is so reckless to hit a person that she just met tonight. Irene bowed her head and apologized for the unexpected and rude manner of her friend. The right side of his face turned red and swollen. He frowned and shook his head again, he don't want to do anymore. He is lost, in mind, in sober, and in spirit. Kyungsan was his ultimate weakness that he just realized at that moment. 

Yeri continued speaking carelessly until Irene became obligated to cover in order to stop her. She assumed that the girl inside the OR was his sibling. She said that he was a coward again and why he didn't protected someone who is precious to his heart. Well, Jongin agreed on what she said but how come she is a foolish who is trying to hard to make the people around them that he was a irresponsible person. Her words had a point, but they only made him more angry and pissed. He snorted and bit his lower lip so hard that it bleeds. And as he lifts his head again, his vulnerable eyes shifted into a gunmetal. 

Irene quickly sensed an incoming danger, so she pulled Yeri's arm and they began running without saying. She knew that leaving without a bow or a unwanted permission to put their critical conversation to an end. Along with the blank staring at them, Jongin's open hands balled into hard fists. Forgetting that Kyungsan was still in the middle of revival and doing something that will interfere her operation will put her at risk, he walked towards the walls painted with plain white. With a loud shout of wrath, he didn't put a temper on himself. He punched the concrete and cracks quickly formed along with a shaking and breaking of some electrical circuits in that area.

The lights went out immediately along with the electricity. The people that are designated to save Kyungsan winced in surprise and wondering what was that. Some of them hurried to carry her to an available OR to precede her operation and one of them called the guards patrolling around. The silent night of a summer turned into another ruckus. Smoke and fire came, and the alarm rang loudly that it could break your ears. Everyone woke up from a long slumber including Baekhyun. The building where was she is safe and sound but the trouble made her get up from bed and take a look from her glass window. 

A pomegranate color and a darker shade of air, there is a fire and she became surprised. Although she still can't walk and stand steadily because one of her thighs were injured, she gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter