A Charlotte's Web

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


According to science, dreaming is something that has been left unexplained. According to those people who believe in the power of impossibility, they said that it is the premonition of the future. Several books say that it was a gift from heavens. A special time where a soul could travel across the other world. Kyungsan, her vitals and heartbeat are slowly becoming stable. It was a good news although she haven't opened her eyes yet. Jongin was still there outside her room, waiting patiently and silently. The potential father-in-law of hers came to see her. Even though the doctor did not allowed them to enter the room where she was, Mr. Kim was glad that she is recovering. 

A drop of water from the faraway, Kyungsan turned around and tried to search for it. But when she continued running towards the origin of the sound, she found herself being lost on a long dream. The horizon was empty, and so where she was. With the next step that she took, her glasses fell down from her face and it shattered. Kyungsan suddenly felt fright on that time. Her knees began wobbling and her stomach seemed like a twirling baton. She sat down on the ground and wrapped her arms around herself. She started to wander if this is really the world that she wished a long time ago. A vast of light pouring from the blank sky. There were no boundaries, and so there were no alpha. It was cold, the fog is all around. Blurry, it's so hard to see the surroundings without the prescription spectacles. 

Kyungsan gazed upon the sky and saw the face of a young girl that resembles her so much. It's time again to remember the past that was forgotten by everyone. It was agonizing and sad because it was really only her who can fully recall what happened on the date before her birthday. In a setting sun, the vivid orange color that showered half of her bedroom. In a silent moment of her life. Kyungsan lied down beside the young girl who's forehead was furrowing into wondering why her sight became blurry. Asking herself if it is because she kept reading books at night in order to hide her hobby from her mother or maybe it's just a defect on her genes. The young girl stared at the ceiling with her arms stretched outwards. Legs are relaxed and back are resting, the sound of singing cicadas echoed on her ears. Night is about to come and for the next thirty minutes their antique store is going to be closed. 

In boredom, the young girl began counting the hours left before her age increase one. She was pretty excited, it was so obvious just by looking at the expression on her face. Kyungsan smiled and felt a little warmth on her heart. She told herself that this young girl is going to live a good life as long as she behaves and does not get friends with stubborn people. She was an obedient daughter and she respects her family a lot. 

"Oh!" the young girl exclaimed with a soft voice.

"What is it?" Kyungsan kept lying on the floor and looked at the young girl.

"Since when did you came to my room?" she wandered her eyes around and looked at Kyungsan. 

"I don't know, I just woke up and found myself here." she sighed and sat down.

"Eh? Are you a ghost? Am I the only one who can see my grown-up self?" her expression shifted into surprise.

"You're grown-up self, oh I forgot about it. Kyungsan, stop smiling." Kyungsan stood up and patted herself at the shoulder.

"What are you saying?"

"Believe me, the future was not nice as you think it is. You musn't cry or smile anymore." 

"But, why? Why are you telling me about my future? Isn't it going to be better if you didn't tell me?" the young girl removed Kyungsan's hand on her shoulder and looked at her with a pair of fierce staring.

"Your eyes are beautiful, but sadly from now on you're going to hate them." 

"No, I won't. That'll never happen!" the young girl walked out of her room with a heart filled with annoyance and wondering for she couldn't understand what the grown-up Kyungsan told her. She went to the kitchen in a state of confusion and sat down beside the dining table. Her mother was quietly chopping the vegetables and waiting for the meat to tender for their dinner. Kyungsan followed her and stood up behind the curtains that covers the door to the antique shop. There it is, that poor little soul will never be a human anymore since this day. She is going to segregate herself from everyone and will live alone until she die. A miserable fate that was caused not because of hiding her hobby from her parents. It was destined, she was meant to be a monster dressing in human skin. 

"Gods are not real, if they were then why they did punished her?" Kyungsan said with tears forming at the corner of her eyes. 

"Shut up!" the young girl shouted at her.

"You know nothing Kyungsan." she muttered.

"It's true, but he have something better for me right?" 

"No, there wasn't. It will never be." she shook her head gradually and at the blink of an eye it all happened again. The grown-up Kyungsan found herself standing on a pool of crimson blood coming from her parent's lifeless bodies. She was holding the Saika and she saw her reflection at the mirror attached to the wall. Her eyes were glowing red and her face was stained with the grime. She killed them, she committed the eternal sin. 

"God's are not real, listen to me." she repeated. 

"Because if they are, these things won't even happen to us." Jongin appeared behind her. He was wearing his usual pair of clothes but his hair was soaking wet. He walked towards Kyungsan and wrapped his arms around her waist. He rested his head on his shoulder and whispered those words again. Kyungsan stared at the ceiling; thinking if dreams are something important to life or are they nothing but a product of sleeping sub consciousness.

Baekhyun was frozen and shocked when Mue pointed his gun at her. Her eyes grew wider as her heart exploded in desperation. He's changed, the same look in his eyes disappeared. The huge smile, the kind stare, they weren't there as if it never existed. She shook her head strongly and called his name aloud and multiple time, but he did not recognized her as the person he loves. Instead he only pulled the trigger before things turned into darkness. Someone shouted, but it's not Baekhyun neither Mue. It was the person who ran across the street being passed by her vehicles. He rushed towards them and he made it in time. As he was told, he quickly grabbed Baekhyun's arm and they started to run away from the assassin. 

What made Baekhyun more surprised is she saw the person's face who saved from her absolute dying. Death? She was supposed to be an immortal but because her head was attached to a human, it became synchronized and one. Whoever made Chanyeol attempt to kill her was definitely a smartass and close to her. While running away, she asked Yifan why he saved her knowing that he was a member of Os. But he only chuckled and smiled bashfully as if he won a good price from a rare lottery. They continued sprinting away as Mue chases them. His expression was empty but his eyes were filled with determination to shoot the two of them. Out of the immediate shock, Baekhyun's mental health was able to recover fast due to the situation. 

Yifan and Baekhyun ran behind the buildings that was rarely occupied by people. They heard gunshots again, of course it's only Mue who's still after them. He was not giving up despite of the mild sunburn and exhausting task. He kept, he tried, he won't stop until he finally come back to Mr. Myeon holding the redeemed lost item. Yifan cited an open door of a building near them and without hesitation they headed there and found a long stairs that could possibly heading to a rooftop. They hurried upstairs and did not even take a single look back on their way. Thankfully and successfully, they lost the sight of the former underground doctor. They survived the first day of escaping death. It was no fun, and not a joke too. 

As soon as they reached the very top of the five-storey building, Yifan laid Baekhyun down on the floor and he quickly his phone. He dialled Jongin's number in order to confirm that the task given was a success. The Os Leader picked up the call and said that he'll send some of their fellows as soon as possible. While both of them panting, Baekhyun's eyes darkened in extreme sadness. She asked in the air why it has to be the doctor, and why it has to be the closest person to her heart. It was no longer a dream or a nightmare. What her eyes just witnessed was a part of reality. Yifan handed her a clean handkerchief to wipe the sweat on her face and neck. The weather is so hot that her skin felt like it was melting. Burning, she felt the unpleasant sensation inside and outside her body. 

"I apologize for making you run that long." Yifan crouched in front of her and bowed his head. The arrogant-looking man was actually a humble and a gentle person. 

"No, it's okay. Thank you for saving me." Baekhyun replied along with an exhausted panting.

"I'm not the one you should be grateful for. It's Jongin, our boss." he plastered a sweet smile.

"Is it-" Baekhyun suddenly stopped speaking when she remembered how scary Chanyeol there.

"If you are going to mention the Es, yes. You had the right intuition, it's them. But it's not like we are going to treat you like a princess that's why I stole and protected you from that mad doctor." Yifan took off his beanie and comb his hair with his sweaty fingers.

"Is it Kyungsan? Is it because I'm her friend?" she asked.

"That is half true, but that's not really the reason why I was sent to you. If you are going to ask more, I'm afraid that I won't answer any of them." he took a deep breath and sat down beside her under the shade of a narrow roof.

"He told me to run away, escape until the uproar is on the lie-low." she said.

"Miss, I'm only going to tell you a thing because I think I will never be able to see you again once boss meets you. Open your eyes because it's only Es and Os. We are not the only enemy her, there's one over there."

"Of course it's not only the Es and Os, there's Kyungsan and the police too. My existence is an example of nature's violation of law." her lips curved into a smile of desperation.

"If that's how you think of yourself, feel free."

"It's hot." she whispered to her side.

"It's because we ran." Yifan responded to her.

"No, the sun is still up in the sky." Yifan's eyes grew wide in surprise.

"Miss, it's almost night. What are you saying?" he turned towards her and checked if Baekhyun was in hallucination caused by the fever. Unfortunately, it was not. She was delusional by the spell of the Witch. The result was having her memories messy. She stared into his eyes for a while and eventually passed out. Falling into slumber, Yifan waited patiently for the members to pick them up. He gazed upon te starry sky littered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter