Angelic Voice Youngjae

Got7 One Shots

It was just another regular day at school. I was sitting in your biology class when I see a new student walk in all jittery and nervous. He scans the room for seats and sees one right beside you in the far back left corner of the class. He started walking to the seat when a ball was all of a sudden thrown right in front of his face, causing him to flinch and reflectively catch the ball. He stared at it and threw it back towards the direction it came from. ‘How amusing’, I though. Before my thought were interrupted by two of my best friends, Ryan and Mia. Mia took the seat the boy was heading towards and started to blab off about her new boyfriend and how he pays her no respect. While Ryan just sat on my table looking through my textbook. “Get up Mia. We have a newbie and he was planning on taking that spot.” Ryan said, still staring down at my textbook. Mia glanced over to the new kid and stood up, mouthing to me the words ‘He is cute!’ before moving to sit on the other half of my desk like Ryan. I motioned for the transfer student to come over, and he etched over quietly.

“Hey, the name is (y/n). This is Ryan and Mia. This seat is empty and yes you can sit there if you want.” I said to the boy, curiously staring at him. “And you are?”

“Youngjae. Youngjae Choi.” He replied taking a seat beside me.

“Ah. So you’re Korean. Well Mia here is Japanese, and Ryan is half Taiwanese half Japanese. Me, I’m Half Korean Half (insert your race here).”

“Nice to meet you.” Mia and Ryan said just as the bell rang.

“Well gotta head to physics now.” Ryan groaned, trudging his way out my class.

“Well I’m heading to my drama class. See you later (y/n)! And maybe catch you around newbie.” Mia chimed pushing Ryan out the door so they wouldn’t be late.

“Your friends seem quite kind.” Youngjae said.

“You can talk normal around me you know. You sound too polite and reserved. Well doesn’t matter. I hope to get along with you well Youngjae.” As our teacher walked into the door and I became the science nerd I truly am.

When the bell rang for lunch, Youngjae bolted out the door before I could even ask if he had anybody to eat with, and so I just shrugged it off and went to meet Mia and Ryan hanging outside my classroom door. As we walked past the choir rooms to our usual hangout spot to meet some others, something caught my ear that made me freeze. A voice that sounded like an angel singing from the heavens above. “Hold up. Guys, do you hear that?”” I ask moving closer to the choir room. I open the doors quietly as I could not wanting to disturb the singer, and crept in really slow. In the middle of the room I saw Youngjae singing as he played a soft melody on the piano. Mia, Ryan and I all stop in oour tracks and just listened to his lulling voice. Hypnotized since the beginning. Once he stopped, Mia ran up to him and hugged him from behind.

“AHHHHH! You can sing and play the piano! I’m gonna break up with my current boyfriend and date you instead!” Hugging Youngjae tighter, making Ryan pull her off one movement at a time. He then threw her over his shoulder and nodded to me saying that he was gonna take her away and start yelling at her. I smile and nod back letting them leave the room before I approached Youngjae.

“You have a very beautiful voice Youngjae.” I said walking pass him towards the piano. I sit on the bench and arch my fingers like I was about to play a piece. I started off slowly, trying to regain old memories of piano pieces. Before long I was beautifully playing ‘River Flows in You’ by Yiruma, and Youngjae was the one to marvel at my skill instead.

“You know how to play the piano (y/n)? You play beautifully too!”

“I used to learn piano when I was younger, though I quit a long time back already.” I say staring at the piano keys before standing up and facing Youngjae. “Play a song while I try to sing?” I ask.

“Sure!” He said, thinking about what to play, “How about ‘Wedding Dress’ by Taeyang. Wait. Can you even sing in Korean?”

I laugh a little, “Yeah, I know a few Korean songs. After all. I am half Korean.” Making us both laugh a little. And then Youngjae began to play as I sit beside him on the bench and sing along,

Baby jebal geuui soneul japjima
Cuz you should be my Lady
oraen sigan gidaryeo on nal dorabwajwo

noraega ullimyeon ije neoneun
geuwa pyeongsaengeul hamkkehajyo
oneuri oji ankireul
geureoke na maeil bam gidohaenneunde

nega ibeun wedingdeureseu
nega ibeun wedingdeureseu
nega ibeun wedingdeureseu

Youngjae joined on with me in singing and time just seemed to go by so fast as we sang together. When the song was over all we could do was stare into each other’s eyes until one of us turnd away in embarrassment. “You have a really beautiful voice (y/n). It’s soft and mesmerizing. And the way that you change your tones with such smooth transitions…”

“Well I always just sang for fun.” I said, getting up from the bench turning away to leave. Youngjae grabbed me by my wrist and turned my back towards him as I ended up landing on his chest.

“I guess I’ll be like Mia now.” Youngjae says not letting me break free. Without trying he said  similar words as what Mia had said to him not long ago. “Ahhhh! You can sing and play the piano! Be mine (y/n)?”

This time I was actually happy to be able to hide my face. I just buried my face into Youngjae’s chest to prevent him from seeing my flushed cheeks, causing him to chuckle a little. “You’re so cheesy Youngjae.” I murmur, just loud enough for him to hear.

“So I take that as a yes then?”

“Yes, you big fool.” I say pulling away and kissing him on the cheek.


A/N: Hey guys! Admin-T here. Yeah sorry I didn't keep up with my updates like I said I would. But I'll try to whenever I can. So this is gonna be like a westernized thing and not in Korea. So I live on the west coast of North America, so I kinda based the school setting like my school. Well anyways. Sorry if it's too cheesy. But who doesn't love cheesy. Well anyways, please subscribe, comment below and check out our other stories while you're at it. Thanks guys. Peace