"Princesses should have long hair."

Clubbing Gone Wrong

As he kneeled on the filthy floor, retching into the porcelain bowl, his stall door was pushed open. Someone stumbled into the stall, clearly drunk. “Sorry princess,” he slurred, “Didn’t think anyone else was in here. I’ll hold your hair.” He d around at the base of Minseok’s neck, but finding no hair there, he settled for pushing Minseok’s bangs out of the way of his eyes. Minseok was completely dumbfounded as the man mumbled, “Princesses should have long hair.” Minseok leaned back from the toilet bowl and wiped his mouth, shaking the man’s hands off of his face. Leaning back, still on his knees, he looked up at the man standing above him. Their eyes met, and a glimmer of recognition appeared in the man’s eyes. “Oh, you’re that chick with the foxy boyfriend… Better keep a leash on that one, he was all over me earlier.” The man winked.

 

What the ? Foxy boyfriend? CHICK?

 

He couldn’t decide whether he was more angry with being called a “chick” or having this man assume him and Luhan were dating. This disrespectful, nosy drunk, how dare he? Minseok stood up, pushing the man out of the stall and against the wall of the bathroom. Poking his finger into the man’s chest with every syllable, he spat, “For your in-for-ma-tion, we are NOT dating. And I am NOT a—“ “In that case, can I have your number?” Minseok stopped, his finger still pressed into the man’s chest. “W-what?” he stuttered, turning red. The man repeated himself. “Can I have your number?” Minseok was at a total loss for words. “I… I don’t even know your name.” The man stepped back, putting a comfortable distance between them, and held out a hand for Minseok to shake. “My name’s Junmyeon.” Minseok cautiously reached out and shook the man’s hand, expecting some sort of trick. “My name’s Minseok.” Junmyeon laughed, and repeated, “So, can I have your number now?” He didn’t seem drunk anymore, and he really was quite attractive. Minseok didn’t want to refuse, and he was pretty sure that Junmyeon wouldn’t give up even if he did. “Yeah,” he sighed. “Here, give me your phone. I’ll put my number in.” Junmyeon handed over the phone, and Minseok typed his number in, adding a little cocktail emoji after his name. He gave the phone back and turned to leave, missing the smile Junmyeon gave him. “God, what a creep.” Minseok muttered under his breath.

 

Luhan was still asleep, right where he left him. Minseok poked him in the stomach until he woke up, giggling like a little kid. Minseok grinned. “Luhan, you , why’d you have to get so drunk?” Luhan frowned, thinking back to earlier (or, at least, what he could remember of it).”You bastard…” he whispered. “What?” “You made me miss America’s Next Top Model.” “THERE WEREN’T EVEN SUBTITLES!” Minseok yelled.

 

After getting kicked out of the bar (The manager had said Minseok was “causing a scene”; Minseok preferred to describe it as “putting Luhan in his place”.), and finally getting back home, Minseok fell asleep almost immediately, ignoring the blinking light on his phone.