For the love of Kimchi

Seven Tales of Easter

Saturday April 4. 9:18 pm

Yugyeom sat in his dimly lit office smoking a large cuban cigar with only one thing on his mind, food. He had been craving a particular kimchi taste he used to eat in his childhood on Easter day and had sent his boys to the Ajummah's house to get some, his boys called to tell him he was lucky because the Ajummah had died just recently and the family had only agreed to sell them the last batch of kimchi after they proposed to triple the price of the kimchi. He puffed his cigar as he hatched plans about how he was deligently going to preserve and hide the kimchi from everyone else. He slowly swung his office chair around and faced the door when he heard it open and close, it was Youngjae his right hand man.

"Have you heard from the boys?" Yugyeom asked knowing from Youngjae's body language that something was up.

"They were hijacked on the road" 

Yugyeom felt his heart drop and he feared for the worse "What happened to the  package?"

"The package was stolen, i questioned the boys and i think it's our rival JB"

"urrggg" Yugyeom screamed and banged his hand loudly on his desk " I'm going to get back what is mine" he declared.

~~~7777777~~~

Sunday April 5. 12:05 pm

Yugyeom strolled into his regular torture room with a little arogant swag in his step, he was neatly clad in a clean cut sea blue sports jacket and skinny navy pants which were rolled up some to reveal his navy and white striped socks, he slowly removed his shades like he had studied from that Al Pacino movie. He wasn't surprised to see his foolish right hand man holding a phone to the ear of the person supposed to be their hostage, he rubbed the side of his temple and rolled his eyes "What is he doing on the phone?" he addressed Youngjae.

"eh? oh yeah, he was insisting" Youngjae replied not seeing anything wrong with his actions.

"really" Yugyeom finally decided Youngjae was definately a fool "Youngjae. put the phone away"

"Sorry, the chairman say's to put the phone away" Youngjae addressed the hostage and stuck the phone in the front of his jeans which was so blue it seemed it will fade after one wash.

The hostage scoffed and shrugged. Yugyeom looked down at the hostage and smiled evily "We've confiscated you from your father and you still think you can make demands" he walked closer and bent down so their faces were level "You've been a bad boy" he shook his head.

The hostage yawned lazily "Listen, i'm really bored, i don't feel like listening to you right now" 

"In an urgent situation like this, you still manage to keep your loud mouth, impressive" Yugyeom pulled a chair and sat opposite his captive.

"Are you still here, don't you have anything better to do, you're embarassing yourself" 

"If i were you i'd watch what i say" Yugyeom warned

"Are you still talking? go out and play with your minions or something" the hostage replied.

Yugyeom fumed irritated by the hostage "now i'm gonna ask you this only once" he said in a low voice trying to sound intimidating and menacing "where is the kimchi ?"

His other minion Bambam broke out laughing uncontrolably, Yugyeom got up and charged towards him, he run his hand through his hair and breathed in to calm himself down "Is something funny?" he asked in a calm voice.

"Chairman with all due respect, this is ridiculous. when Youngjae called me for this operation i thought it was serious business" Bambam managed to say without breaking into another fit of laughter.

"ridiculous?" Yugyeom repeated grinding his teeth " Do you---"

"Chairman please forgive him" Youngjae begged

"Ok Bambam, listen... i'm very sensitive about my kimchi so the next time you make fun of me i'll have to kill you,ok?" Yugyeom said calmly and walked back to his seat.

"Now, i don't know exactly what you want me to do to make you realise that we're not playing around here" he addressed his hostage "so if you don't tell me where the kimchi is----"

Bambam broke into another fit of laughter, Yugyeom drew out his gun immediately and emptied the bullets into Bambam. 

"Well, as i was saying before the interruption, where. is. the. kimchi.?" Yugyeom paused on every word for emphasis.

"You.go..yourself" the hostage did the same mocking him.

Yugyeom stared at the hostage intently as rage filled him, he has to do better to  make him afraid enough to reveal where his precious kimchi was being held. He slapped the hostage across the face with a force that turned his head to the side.

The hostage spat the blood forming in his mouth at Yugyeom's feet "You bloody castrated idiot" he glared at Yugyeom "do you think a mere slap is going to scare me?" he laughed dryly "My father is the most notorious criminal in seoul, you think i haven't been kidnapped before?" he smirked " let me tell you something, i've been kidnapped by far more crazy people than you are and locked up in far more scary places than this" he stared with cold eyes dead deep into Yugyeom's eyes "If you touch me one more time, i'll send you on a first class ride to hell" he threatened.

Yugyeom was shaken by his hostages threats for a second but his minion was around so he had to put on a tough front "See, i just don't like it when people mess with my business" he looked at his vibrating phone "your father is a wise man so you make the right decision" he finished

"hello?" he spoke into the phone.

"I have what you want and if you're not compliant i will destroy it" the voice on the receiver replied.

"Who is...is this" Yugyeom couldn't bare the thought of his kimchi being destroyed.

"I'm your new best friend"

"How did you get my kimchi?"

"It doesn't matter where or how i got it...meet me at the park infront of the primary school down the road from you in thirty minutes" the voice instructed "Oh and bring that person you kidnapped"

"Ok..wait look, how am i supposed to know this is not a bluff?...tell me who you are"

" you" the voice replied and dropped the call

"bring him" Yugyeom said to Youngjae.

~~~7777777~~~

Yugyeom got down from his black MKZ suv , he watched as the fine looking young man in a smart white suit got down from an s series bmw convertible, they all stood by their respective cars accessing the surroundings.

"Are you the guy i spoke to on the phone?" Yugyeom asked first.

"Where is Mr.Park?" the guy asked

"He's not here so you're going to be dealing with me" Yugyeom replied wondering how the guy knew about his boss but that wasn't important now, he was this close to get his kimchi!.

"Who are you anyway?" The guy asked

"Who are you?" Yugyeom asked

"I asked you first" the guy replied

"and i asked you second" Yugyeom just always,always had to have the last word.

"Look, first of all you, second of all where is the guy you kidnapped" the guy asked.

"First of all who ever says second of all, and second of all you too...wait did i just say second of all...look just bring him out" Yugyeom directed his last comment to Youngjae "Where is my stuff?" he asked the guy who ignored him "I don't know who you are but you're rude ok"

"I'm sorry did i hurt your feelings?" the guy mocked.

"This better be real!!" Yugyeom contemplating what he would do if the guy didn't have his kimchi. Youngjae brought the hostage out the trunk of the suv.

"Jackson!!" the guy addressed the hostage in English "it's been a while, what's up?" the guy beemed

"You know how it is Mark, by the way what took you so long?" Jackson smiled back.

"I would have been here earlier but i was having my fill of his kimchi" Mark laughed.

Did someone say kimchi? "Ok, enough!! speak Korean!" Yugyeom raged on.

"Chill" Mark popped his booth and took out a medium sized brown box "here's your stuff"

"Bring it" Yugyeom said desperately as tears brimmed his eyes, he was finally going to unite with his kimchi. Mark walked halfway in his long strides and put the box on the ground "come and get it" he called out.

"chairman" Youngjae whispered in Yugyeom's ear "can i get just a pack of kimchi to take home, there seems to be a lot in that box"

Yugyeom face palmed himself and shook his head, how foolish could Youngjae be to think of sharing his kimchi "how about you shut the up and do your job, like what am i paying you for?"

"and why do you want this guy here?" Yugyeom spoke to Mark.

"Well, his father, JB, is extremely concerned about the safety of his son and is giving out a huge reward to whoever brings him home" Mark explained "which is a lot more than you can offer me by the way, no offense" he added "so i was thinking, i return your kimchi, you give me the fine young man, i return him to his father and we all live hapily ever after, how about that?"

Yugyeom stared intently at the box at Mark's feet and was contemplating screwing him over but for the love of his kimchi he decided not " alright Youngjae, do it" he snapped his fingers at Youngjae.

Youngjae dragged Jackson with him to the box of kimchi and handed him over to Mark after untying him, he picked up the box, took a step forward and stopped, he turned around and gave the box to Mark.

"no,no,no" Yugyeom started walking forward "Youngjae, Whhhyyyyy!!!" he cried holding on to Youngjae who had just given both his kimchi and his leverage away.

"I was just hungry, and i know you wouldn't want to share your kimchi, but if  i help them they will share with me" Youngjae replied

"You bastard" Yugyeom pressed his gun to Youngjae's heart and shot, but only a click came out. He looked down at his gun stunned.

"Did you forget you emptied all your round into Bambam?" Youngjae laughed and pointed his gun at Yugyeom who fell to his knees immidiately.

"All i wanted was to eat this kimchi on Eater day" he sobbed crawling on his knees and clutching on to Youngjae's legs "Please...just give me one packet, pleeeaasee" he moved on to Jackson's legs then Mark's

"Get into the car love" Mark kissed Jackson on the side of his head "You too" he told Youngjae after giving him the box of kimchi from which he had taken a pack, he kicked Yugyeom in the stomach and sent him reeling over "alright" he said squatting beside Yugyeom "So, here's a little lesson for you, every body wants something they can't have, nothing compares to the great satisfaction of kimchi" Mark kept tossing the kimchi up and down into his hand as he spoke.

"Please, i beg you let me have just this one" Yugyeom sobbed and begged,

Mark threw the packet of kimchi on the floor between him and Yugyeom, and as Yugyeom reached out his hand to grab it Mark stepped on it crushing it and sending it gushing out onto the ground before he got into his car and sped off.

"Noooooooo!!!" Yugyeom screamed as he watched his beloved kimchi destroyed infront of his eyes, it was as if everything was playing in slow motion, he crouched beside the kimchi and wept like he just lost his lover, because indeed he loved kimchi like his lover.

~~~7777777~~~