Deja Vu

Seven Tales of Easter

Jaebum slowly woke up from sleep with his eyes still closed, on a normal day he would be up by six am because his day started at seven am sharp everyday, being a partner at the biggest law firm in Seoul at twenty-six wasn't an easy feet which meant he had to work twice as hard than everyone else to maintain his position, he didn't get there by being sloppy, but today he was going to sleep in all day, wake up, eat and go back to bed because it was Easter sunday and he wasn't going to even lift a pen. He was beginning to drift back into sleep when he heard what seemed like voices talking, he trained his ears towards the sound, he was sure those were voices he heard, but that's impossible because he lived alone and that was certainly not the tv, he suddenly sat up in bed wide awake as the thought of a possible robbery crossed his mind. He jumped of the bed with a loud gasp as he noticed that wasn't his bed room, the bed looked like someone else had slept in it besides himself. He looked at the flowered wall papers in the room and the overstocked closet that was threatening to spew over, 'where am i? How did i get here?' He was one hundred percent sure he had slept on his bed in the condo he paid one of the best interior designers in Korea to furnish.

"JB! JB" he heard a voice getting closer as his name was called "JB honey, move it! i don't want the kids to be late again" the owner of the voice stuck his head in the way

"AaaaHHHHH!!!" JB screamed receeding far into the wall as much as he could

"Oh jeesh do i look that horrible" the owner of the voice looked at himself in the mirror above the dresser as he touched his face.

"Wh, who are you?! Where am i?" JB screamed frightened.

"If this is your idea of a joke, then it's not funny honey"

"Stop calling me honey!! and who are you?" JB breathed heavily gasping for air, They heard a scream downsatirs.

"Hurry up and come down, i have to go check on them before your son decides to swallow his brother whole" 

"Son?! What...wait" JB run after the owner of the voice.

"Daddy!!" a black haired boy who looked about eight years old run towards him, JB backed away instictively the boy who thought they were playing run after the man he called dad.

"Stay away from me!!" JB yelled "Who are you people!!" he looked at the boy who looked like he couldn't be older than thirteen with the spike shaped pink hair and too much eye liner and the slender looking attractive man trying to soothe the screeching baby.

"Daddy?" the younger boy whimpered.

"Stop calling me that!!" he yelled at the boy whose mouth began to quiver and looked like he was about to throw the biggest fit ever.

"What is wrong with you this morning?!" the attractive man yelled at him "You are scaring the boys!!"

"I don't know you people and i don't how i got here!" he yelled.

"We're your family!!" the attractive man said "Look around you, look at the pictures!!" he added as JB shook his head vehemently.

"No! no! no!" JB shooked his head vehemently as he saw himself in the many pictures all over the house with the very people claiming to be his family, his head began to spin around as he felt cramed in the room and suffocated by the people in it, just last night he had gone to bed with a perfect life, he was a big shot succeful lawyer in the prime of his life. He run out of his house, leaving the frightened kids huddled around the attractive man. he went to his knees on the freshly mowed large front lawn and threw up. 'What is happening to me?' he thought as he retched his gut out before running as far away from that house as his legs could carry him.

~~~7777777~~~

JB sat on a bench in a park thinking about the events that had gone on through the day, he had gone to the law firm where he believed he worked and was almost arrested for disturbing public peace, he went up to his condo and someone claimed they had been living there for the last ten years, he didn't know where else to go, certainly not back to that house, the thought of it making him gag. He had no money in his pockets, no phone on him and was running around in his pyjamas all day like a crazy man, maybe he was crazy, he buried his face in his palms feeling dejected. 'Mark!' he shot up of his chair and began to run, in the hope of getting some answers from his best friend.

Shortly he was pounding on Mark's door, he hugged his friend tight relieved to finally have some normality in his crazy day "oh thank God Mark!!" he pushed past Mark into the apartment talking frantically "I thought you wouldn't be here...what happened to your face you look different" having looked at his friend's face for the first time "that's not the problem right now" he paced the room "something is happening to me man" he sobbed

"JB! JB!" Mark who had been stunned to see JB at his door finally spoke having recovered "I don't care about your problems, now  leave my house before you wake up my husband"

" but we're best friends who else should i go to? What do you mean leave your house?"

"we've not been bestfriends since you stole Jnr from me" Mark hissed at JB "we haven't seen each other in fifteen years and the first thing you do after you come barging in is talk about yourself, that's so you"

"What do you mean fifteen years? We were at that club together last night"

"Club? You told me you were working" Mark's husband had walked in.

"No, that's not true" Mark run to his husband's side "tell him that's not true he" he yelled at JB

"Bastard!" Mark's husband began to sob.

"baby don't do this, remember the doctor said it's not good for the baby" Mark soothed his husband.

"i'm not cryyyiing!" the husband yelled "it's my bloody hormones" he sniffled.

"Jackson?" JB asked as he took in the picture of the bloated man who looked like he would deliver a baby any minute "You married Jackson?" JB laughed forgetting his own problems for minute "but you hate each other"

"aeisshh" Mark grabbed JB and began dragging him as Jackson's sobs turned into full blown wailing "get out of my house!" he pushed JB out the door "go to your perfect little husband and perfect family" he slammed the door in his face and opened it again "and don't show up at my door again!" he slammed it in JB's face.

~~~7777777~~~

JB sat on his hospital bed looking down at the beautiful  sleeping face of his supposed husband who was curled up in a chair beside his bed side, he had checked himself in at the psychiatric hospital after he left Mark's house, the memory of the life he believed he had was so real in his mind and he couldn't remember anything of the life that seemed to be real, he concluded there was something seriously wrong with his mind and checked himself in. His husband slowly stirred awake, JB could have turned his eyes away and avoided making eye contact but he didn't and was rewarded with the pleasure of staring into the most intent brown eyes he'd ever seen, he looked at the rest of his face and maybe it was because he had been heavily sedated but his husband was so beautiful, there was a grace about his face that was indescribable, the crease at the corners of his eyes when he smiled warmly and reached out his hand to carress his cheek made him feel comforted, he reached his own hand up and covered his husbands hand with his because he was afraid he'd move it away, the gentle gaze in his eyes made him feel somewhat loved.

"You scared me" the husband said in a voice that was just above a whisper "how do you feel?"

"I don't know" JB replied 

"You really don't remember?...me? our boys?"

JB saw the tears brim in his husband's eyes as he nodded to his question, and as a single tear fell and then another, he felt a sudden urge to comfort him, protect him and make everything ok "I'm sorry" he wiped his tears with his thumb and let his hand linger on his face a little longer.

"It's ok, we can make new memories together" the husband sniffled and placed a kiss in JB's palm.

"You can start by telling me your name"

"Jnr" he grabbed his phone "the goth looking one, that's Youngjae our oldest you call him bubbles and he hates it, basically he hates everything and thinks the world is a horrible place" Jnr laughed showing JB pictures.

"right, teenager. how old?" 

"thirteen, i had him a year after we got married"

"that little cutie over there is Bambam you guys are practically bestfriends, i'm always excluded in your little adventures because aparently i don't get it like you do, he's eight"

"and him?"

"my little bundle off joy, Gyeomie he's eighteen months, we were going to stop at two then he came out of no where, but he's the best thing that ever happened to us"

JB saw the pride and joy on Jnr's face as he told him about their family "How did we meet?" he was curious

"I was your intern, we fell---"

"the doctor just signed your discharge papers, if you would just sign here" a nurse had walked up to them.

"Let's go home honey" Jnr got up after signing the papers

~~~7777777~~~

JB sat at the dinner table with his family, it's been two weeks since he came home and he had already adjusted to being a family man. He had been shocked the first time he walked into his office, a private practice with one clerk and one secretary, but this was his reality now, the phsychologist had told him not think of his supposed other life if he wanted to remember faster so he just went to work every morning and came home to his family every night. He watched his little Gyeomie sitting in his high table  trying to take the spoon from Jnr and feed himself, Bambam sneaking food under their table for their dog, whom he now knew was called delta and grown very fond of, and then there was his eldest Youngjae who still hadn't said more than one sentence to him, his psychologist had told him trying to build relationships would help him remember "so Youngjae, how was school today?" he attempted.

"cool" the teenager replied in a monotone voice.

"anything nice happen?"

"yep" the teenager replied in the same monotone voice

"wanna share with us"

"nope" the teenager put on his earphone to prevent his father from talking to him.

JB glanced over at Jnr "Don't look at me, i don't speak Youngjae" Jnr laughed "he does" pointing at his young son

"Guys do i seriously have to interprete everything for you?" Bambam shook his head at his parents 

"Why doesn't he do that to you, though? i don't get it" JB asked Jnr who shrugged

"because" Bambam paused dramatically "Daddy Jnr is the cool dad and you're the not cool dad"

"What,  I'm not cool?...i'm veerry cool ok" JB laughed

"Don't take it hard, he's just going through...you know...teenage stuff" Jnr tried to assure JB

"guys just so you know, his earphones are not connected" Bambam pulled the pin of Youngjae's earphones out.

"Give it back!!" Youngjae run after Bambam who had thrown the pin to his face and run off.

"Bubbles leave your brother alone!!!" Jnr shouted after them as he videod Gyeomie who was dozing off while on a string of noodle.

"Don't call me that!!" Youngjae yelled "Ughh i hate all of you"

They heard him bang his door and Bambam giggling in the background. JB chuckled to himself as he watched Jnr video tapping their sleeping toddler, he felt his heart flutter, even though he may not remember he must have loved him very much JB thought, because it certainly didn't take two weeks to fall in love like he had. To hell with being a top lawyer living in a clean condo, he loved his family and wouldn't trade the smell, of dog and diapers, or Bambam jumping up and down on their bed at five am, or even Youngjae yelling how much he hated everyone, and most certainly not the warm cuddles with his husband for anything else.

"I love you" JB blurted out without meaning to.

"awww baby" Jnr reached out and grabbed JB's hand.

"These last two weeks have been the best moments in my life, i may not remember the time before then but i promise you i will never forget the new ones we've made together"

Jnr leaned forward and kissed him "I love you too"

JB tried to reach out his hand and touch Jnr's face but he couldn't, it was like an invisible glass existed between them, he looked down and saw Jnr's hand slowly slip out of his hand, he kept trying to reach out for him but he just couldn't get to him, Jnr was sitting less than an arms stretch from him rocking the sleeping baby but he couldn't touch him as much as he tried "Jnr?" he whimpered "Jnr! Jnr!" he yelled but Jnr didn't seem to hear him. Jnr got up and began to walk away, he tried to follow him but he couldn't move "Jnr! please turn around, don't leave me" he cried as everything became a blur.

JB stood on a large flower field watching Jnr play with their kids, he run over to them, but the harder and faster he run the farther they were "Jnr! look here!" he screamed "Guys daddy is here!! Bambam!! Youngjae!!" he screamed as he run "Please just turn and look at me" he begged crying, he felt tired and out of breath but kept running because he had to hold them in his arms, he saw them began to walk away "No! Come back!! wait for me!!" he cried "Please don't leave me". darkness.

~~~7777777~~~

Sunday April 5. 1pm

JB layed in the center of a large king sized bed in his plush condo, twisting and turning on the plush egyptian satin bedspread that seemed soaked with his sweat, he was whimpering and mumbling in his sleep. The bedside alarm clock buzzed and he jumped out of bed, looking about him in panic, his breathing slowly becoming even, his face tear stained and his pajamas soaking wet, he slumped back down on the bed as he realized he'd been dreaming.

He walked around his large spectacularly decorated condo aimlessly after finally managing to get himself into the shower, he was supposed to meet his friends for drinks but had called and canceled. He sat in his burgandy recliner in his living room and stared outside at the han river, he missed them, his family. It was just a dream, he knew that but it had left a dull ache in his heart, how is it possible to miss something you've never had, a dream. None of it mattered anymore, the success, the money, the bachelor life. He was in love with a man who only existed in his head, how was he going to move on from that, even if he found someone else and started a family it wouldn't be the same because it wouldn't be Jnr.

~~~7777777~~~

Monday April 6. 7:45 am

"of all the people i could have married in your dream, it had to be Jackson. my worst nemises" Mark leaned against JB's desk.

"right? and it was as real as "

"dude your mind is twisted"

"yeah tell me about it" JB flipped through the papers he was reviewing for Mark.

The office door opened and closed "I'm your new intern" the intruder announced.

"Take a seat over there" Jb waved his hand at the sofa at the other side of his large office without looking up, but something about that voice was oddly familiar.

"Why do you always get the hot ones?" Mark whispered "What's your name pretty boy?" Mark shouted across the room questioning the new intern,

The intern whose was just about to touch the sofa shot right back up again "everybody calls me Jnr"

JB's head shot up at the mention of the name, and he jolted up out of his seat when he saw the spitting image of his Jnr, what are the odds, same name, same face, and when he stared into his eyes it was the same intent brown eyes. His pulse began to quicken as sweat broke out on his forehead "Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

~~~7777777~~~