His type...

Seven Tales of Easter

Wednesday April 1st. 8: 13 am

Jackson stood under the shower barely awake after Jr had hauled him out of bed and shoved him in there, the temperature of the water was just right, a perfect balance of warm and cold, he reluctantly reached for his old spice liquid soap and squirt a large sum into his hair, he lathered his whole body slowly and lazily, missing spots here and there, his limbs were moving on their own accord. He blindly fished for his sponge to scrub his back and felt something fuzzy crawling up his arm, his eyes flipped open voluntarily and he winced as the soap burned his eyes then he saw the monster his roommate kept as a pet, a giant tarantula.

“Maaaarrrrkkkk!!” he screamed frightened as he run out of the bathroom . He slipped on the tiles and fell on his back, hitting his head on the toilet bowl, he felt the spider crawl up to his neck and passed out, more from the fear of the spider than hitting his head.

Mark run into their room laughing, he had intentionally let out Erica to scare Jackson, messing with Jackson was fun for him because he got to see that lovely pout and get yelled at, besides Jackson wouldn’t even look at him otherwise. He liked Jackson more than he cared to admit but the other just didn’t see eye to eye with him and so he had resorted to making his life a living hell, any attention he got from Jackson, bad or not was better than none at all. He barged into the bathroom and his laughter froze on his face as he saw Jackson passed out with Erica sitting on his nose.

“What are you doing standing there!? Get him up!” Jr had run in after Mark “and get that thing away from him!”

They both sat on each side of Jackson’s bed after they got him in bed. “Are you happy now?” Jr eyed Mark

“I didn’t mean for it to go that far” Mark looked at Jackson’s face with sad eyes wanting to sweep that lose strand of perfect black hair away from his beautiful sleeping eye and tuck it away, but he couldn’t because Jr was watching.

“You know how much he hates anything that has more than four legs, especially Erica so why would you let her out?” Jr wasn’t angry he was just worn out by the way his two closest friends were always at each other’s throats.

“I was ju--” Mark began to say

“Forget it” Jr got up “I’m going to get him something to eat, he’ll probably be hungry when he wakes up” he walked out and shut the door behind him.

Mark finally swept that hair away from Jackson’s face and caressed his silky soft hair, he brought his hand slowly to his cheeks and was amazed at how smooth and soft his skin was, his eyes helplessly strayed to Jackson’s sweet looking cherry lips and he couldn’t stop himself from touching that pouty bottom lip, he wasn’t surprised at the softness because he had always imagined they would be soft anytime he stole glances at Jackson. He dared not look directly at Jackson, the latter would probably bite his head off for it, not to talk of the way his head swirled around anytime their eyes met fleetingly. He pulled his hand away hastily hitting it against the wooden head board when Jackson’s eyes flicked open.

“What are you doing?” Jackson croaked

“Huh?” Mark wasn’t aware he had still been leaning over Jackson’s face

“Get away from me!!” Jackson sat up and pushed Mark away from him causing the sheets covering him to slip down past his jewels down to his thigh, he gasped and pulled them up “Get out!!” he was furious at Mark seeing him , even though they shared a room he always made sure Mark never saw him “! Get out!!” he yelled at Mark whose eyes was still fixated on Jackson’s amazing body. Jackson grabbed the glass snow ball by his bed side and threw it at Mark. Mark swerved sending the snow ball crushing against the wall and breaking into pieces. Jackson grabbed his, Jr and Mark’s (a black ‘x’ crossed on Mark’s face) framed picture and threw it at Mark, missing again. “Fine! Fine! I’m leaving” Mark yelled as objects came flying his way. He smiled as he run out of the room, happy Jackson was himself again.

 

Same day 6:46 pm

Mark stared intently at Jackson’s face with loving eyes and arms out stretched, Jackson held Mark’s arms and began to lean in, his lips puckered, he shut his eyes tight and grimaced as Mark began to lean in pulling Jackson towards him whilst the other resisted.

“Cut, cut, cut” Jr waved the sheets of A4 sheets in his hand in front of him and walked up to Mark and Jackson “Judas, what was that?” he addressed Jackson “and Jesus just stand there and let him kiss you, don’t lean in like that” he spoke to Mark.

“Why?! Why?!” Jackson screamed taking of his Judas robes “Why do I have to act your stupid play?” he yelled at Jr “and I told you I can’t act with him” he glared pointing at Mark

“I don’t want to act with you either” Mark yelled avoiding Jackson’s eyes.

“Ugh I hate you” Jackson hissed

“I hate you too” Mark mocked

“I hated you first!!” Jackson yelled at Mark

“Truce!! Time out!!” Jr cut in “You two are the only ones in my drama club, so you better start getting along”

“yea, a drama club you forced us into” Jackson replied

“I signed up for it, I wasn’t forced” Mark said

“Shut up!!” Jackson yelled at him.

“Make me” Mark smirked

“The play is in two days and Mr.Park is expecting us to deliver, let’s just stop here and finish tomorrow” Jnr finalised.

They all nodded in agreement and walked out with Jr sandwiching himself between Mark and Jackson to prevent them from tearing each other apart as they yelled over his head at each other still arguing about the play.

“Do you guys have a date for the Easter party yet?” Jr broke the tense silence as they rode to their off campus apartment, Jackson shook his head “do you?” he nudged Mark.

“Who would ask him?” Jackson spat out

“Somebody already asked me” Mark got out the taxi that had already reached their apartment “and I said yes” he slammed the door in the face of Jackson who was just about getting out and run off as Jackson hailed curses after him.

~~~7777777~~~

Thursday April 2nd. 12:22 am

Jackson lay awake on his bed twisting and turning as he listened to the slow steady breathing of Mark that he had grown accustomed to without knowing, anytime Mark was away and he had to sleep alone, he always thought there was something missing, something he couldn’t quite place his finger on, something buried deep at the back of his mind he couldn’t seem to bring to the surface, and whenever he was there the missing thing returns and yet he still didn’t know what it was, he just knew it was there. He was thinking of who to invite to be his date, he didn’t know what he was looking for in a man but if there was one thing he knew, it was that his perfect man was nothing like Mark Tuan, he picked a notepad from his bedside table and decided to make a list, number one of which was anyone who wasn’t Mark.

 

Same day 8:37 am

Jr sat in the couch sipping his jasmine tea relishing the peaceful and quiet morning when Jackson jumped over the back into the couch making him spill the tea

“Listen to this” Jackson said excitedly ignoring Jr’s curses “I made a list to find the perfect guy as my date for the Easter party”

“There’s no such thing as perfect” Jr said

“Just listen, number one and the most important of all, not Mark, two. funny but not more than I am” Jackson read through his long list. Jr laughed at the ridiculous descriptions of Jackson’s Mr. Perfect as he read on. “Make my feet pop up behind me and fireworks go off when we kiss”

“That’s impossible and those only happen in movies” Jr laughed.

“Must be full of thoughtful surprises” Jackson continued

“Hey I got this for you” Mark walked behind them throwing a wrapped box into Jr’s lap as he made his way into the kitchen “I just thought of you when I saw it”

Jackson rolled his eyes and continued “must always compliment me” he added.

“Nice hair, did you dye it?” Mark had walked back to them and was talking to Jr

“Yes, this morning” Jr run his hand through his hair.

“Hmm, nice. I like it” Mark walked away.

“Oh my God” Jr shot up to his feet and pulled the paper out of Jackson’s hand “why didn’t I see this, you just described everything about Mark, he is the perfect match”

“Tsk, are you alright?” Jackson scoffed “Mark? I’d die alone if he was the only man alive”

“Look, funny” Jr read off the sheet “He’s funny”

“Please”

“Remember that one time when he pulled the chair before you sat down and you fell over my birthday cake on your face? That was hilarious” Jr laughed

“Not for me, it wasn’t…and don’t remind me one of the many reasons why I hate him” despite his words Jackson found himself contemplating if Mark really did fit his list.

“I’m telling you he’s the one” Jr tore up the list “and you don’t need this”

“Hey I stayed up all night writing all two hundred and fifteen of them” Jackson tried to piece together the torn list.

“yea, all of which describes Mark” Jr replied

“What describes Mark?” Mark had walked back into the living room and directed his question to Jr

“Nothing!!” Jackson yelled, his ears turning red.

“Oh so now we’re talking?” Mark replied “who ignored me last night when I tried to talk to them”

“No I didn’t” Jackson didn’t know why he cared whether Mark thought he had ignored him or not

“Yes you did” Mark just loved it when Jackson’s nose flared just a little bit before he began screaming his ears off

“Did not!! And wipe that smug look off your face before I wipe it off for you!!!” Jackson screamed “UGHH!!!” he pumped into Mark’s shoulder as he stormed out into their bedroom.

“Ya!!” Mark followed him “come back here and apologize!!” he walked into the bedroom

“Get out!!!” Jackson screamed.

“No!!” Mark wasn’t going to be overlooked by Jackson anymore “this is my room too!! If you don’t like my presence then you leave!!”

“What?” Jackson was surprised Mark was standing up to him, he always just let him have his way and he had come to expect that “Fine!!” Jackson grabbed his blankets “take the room I’m moving out” he walked out and Mark followed him “What!!” Jackson turned and yelled at Mark “Stop following me!!”

“I’m not following you” Mark smirked “I live here too and I can walk anywhere I like at anytime”

“aahhh” Jackson screamed, he hated Mark for picking on him all the time and it was so confusing because sometimes, just sometimes he kind of missed it when Mark wasn’t messing with him, he was so confused, how can he hate and like something at the same time and Jr jumbling his feelings up some more by pointing out Mark fit the description of his perfect man, tears began to form in his eyes as the confusion mixed with jumbled up feelings took over him “bastard, I hate you” he said softly through quivering lips and turned to walk away wondering if hate was what he really felt.

Mark cursed under his breath at himself when he saw Jackson’s glassy eyes, once again he had gone too far, all he wanted was for Jackson to notice him, to look at him as something more than the guy he hates, and for him to realize that he messes with him because he makes him go crazy.

 

Later that day 10: 55 pm

Jackson stood in front of Mark looking up into his eyes, Jr had angrily left them on their own to rehearse after they went on arguing about every little thing. He had been glaring at Mark angry for something he couldn’t currently remember when their eyes met and locked, his anger had slowly died down and he just stood there gazing into the most gorgeous brown eyes. He wondered why he hadn’t noticed Mark’s eyes before, he always thought they were brown, but looking at them now they weren’t just brown, but a mixture of shades, there were golden streaks closer to the pupil and some lighter brown at the edges of his iris, and the whites of his eyes were so clear. He looked at the rest of his face and decided Mark was handsome, he didn’t know why he didn’t notice before probably because he had never really looked at Mark. Mark slowly leaned in and he couldn’t look away or turn his head away when Mark leaned in some more and kissed him.

Mark turned his head to the side and closed his eyes “You can slap me if you want” he said gritting his teeth, he had just been so mesmerized by those dark eyes that had been torturing his sleep for years, and when his eyes settled on the cherry red lips he fantasized about every waking moment he just knew he couldn’t go another day without feeling the touch of them against his.

Jackson without thinking held Mark’s face in his palms making Mark flinch, he turned his head to face him, he didn’t know why he did it and he didn’t know what he was going to do next but when Mark opened his eyes and gazed so gently and lovingly into his he couldn’t help but bring his head up to kiss him. He felt weak at the knees when Mark reached his arm around his waist and pulled him close to him, crushing their bodies together and deepening their kiss, he moaned softly as Mark devoured his lips.

Mark wanted to be gentle, hold him delicately and kiss him tenderly but feeling the firm toned muscles of Jackson’s body under his hands and hearing the soft moans that escaped his lips released all the emotions he’d been holding in for so long and he ravaged the lips that had been the cause of many sleepless nights.

They finally tore away from each other when they run out of breath “Judas kissed Jesus” Jackson panted “the script” he added when Mark cocked an eye brow

“What are you two doing” Mark and Jackson jumped apart at Jr’s voice.

“Rehearsing!!” they chorused and avoided looking at each other.

~~~7777777~~~

Friday April 3rd 11: 27 pm

Jackson lay on the couch staring blankly at the ceiling, he’d been laying there for three hours trying to fall asleep but couldn’t as his brain kept trying to find that missing something, this always happened when Jackson had to sleep alone, and he could not for the life of him understand why his brain wouldn’t agree with him that there was nothing missing. He stretched out the cramp in his back, why should he suffer like that when he had a bed, he got up and sneaked into their room trying not to wake Mark, if Mark knew he was back in the room he wouldn’t hear the end of it not after claiming he moved out. Jr had allowed him to sleep in his room the night before but had kicked him out when they got home from the play because he was angry they messed it up and caused him the extra credits Mr. Park had promised for the best directed play. He laid down on his bed and drifted to sleep listening to the slow steady breathing of his roommate, his brain finally deciding it had found that missing something.

Mark flicked his eyes open when he couldn’t hear Jackson moving anymore, he had been worried sick about him and was lying there awake all the time trying not to laugh at Jackson’s attempt to be sneaky, he got up and walked over to Jackson’s bed and pulled the covers up over him “You’re such a handful” he smiled squeezing Jackson’s hand in his, he got up to leave and sat back down when Jackson held on to his hand “Mark….bastard..i hate you” Jackson mumbled and Mark saw a tear escape the corners of Jackson’s sleeping eyes “…mark…I love you…” Jackson mumbled some more. Mark gasped too loud and covered his mouth with his hand to stifle it, did he hear right? Jackson had said he loved him. He leaned over Jackson and kissed his lips “oh you fool” he smiled

~~~7777777~~~

Sunday April 5th. 9 am

Jackson stared at the blur of himself in the mirror above the sink as he brushed his teeth absentmindedly, sighing every now and then as Mark filled his thoughts again, he still couldn’t sort out his feelings, he still didn’t know what he felt for Mark. He had spent the whole of his Saturday thinking about it and coming up with nothing, he just felt too many things he couldn’t explain. The party was just a few hours away and he still didn’t have a date. He ignored Mark when he walked into the bathroom and picked up his own brush, he’d been ignoring him since they shared that passionate kiss two days ago.

“Move over   this is my spot” Mark nudged Jackson who just moved to the side without looking at Mark. He’d been doing everything to get Jackson to mind him, but the latter just kept ignoring him. “Is that your brush?” Mark pointed to the brush in Jackson’s mouth “I accidentally dropped it in the toilet last night” he laughed.

Jackson just washed his mouth, threw the toothbrush in the waste basket and walked out. Mark scratched his hair trying to figure out why Jackson was like that, he would usually yell at him or curse him, he missed that.

Jackson crawled into his bed and pulled his blanket over his head as his heart threatened to explode, his chest felt tight, his head felt light and his body was trembling, it happened every time Mark got close after they kissed that night, he began sobbing as he became overwhelmed with feelings he couldn’t explain, Mark peered at Jackson through the bathroom doorway and saw his shaking body under the blanket and he knew he was crying again.

 

Same day 9:29 pm

Jackson and Jr sat at their table watching others have fun, they had decided to go together after they both ended up without dates. He watched Mark dancing with his date Yugyeom and he felt like throwing up. “So are you going to ask me to dance?” Jr laughed when Jackson shook his head.

“How do you feel when you see JB with Youngjae” Jackson chuckled when Jr spat his drink back into his cup and began to shake his head in denial “that’s right I know, I’ve seen the way you look at him”

Jr sighed as his eyes fell on JB, the guy he’d been crushing on forever “Like gagging”

“I know that feeling” Jackson furrowed his brows as his eyes fell on Mark.

“May I?” they both looked up and saw JB smiling at Jr with his hand stretched out

“Don’t you dare leave me alone” Jackson threatened under his breath

“Sorry” Jr whispered and took JB’s hand leaving Jackson by himself to sulk.

“Having fun? Yugyeom is getting us drinks, want some” Mark plopped into the now empty chair beside Jackson.

Jackson had seen Mark approaching him and looked away “no thanks” he avoided looking at Mark

“are you going to sit here all night?”

“None of your bloody business!!” Jackson had tried hard not get worked up, but seeing Mark that happy because of someone else made him so mad.

“Ok, I was just trying to be nice” Mark was beginning to get worked up.

Jackson was on the verge of exploding with anger and not knowing why he was angry made him even angrier, he began to tear up and got frustrated at how easy he had been crying lately “Jerk!!” he walked out of the hall

“What have I done wrong!!!” Mark yelled back following him out, he liked the fact that Jackson was yelling at him again, but hated the way he’d been sulking all night.

“Go back to your date and leave me alone!!” Jackson screamed.

“You’re angry because I’m here with someone else?!! Because someone else is interested in me?!!” Mark yelled back ignoring the crowd that was beginning to gather around them.

Jackson wanted so much to deny what Mark had just said but he couldn’t because in as much as it hurt it was the truth, he couldn’t deny that seeing Mark with someone else made him jealous “Yes!!” he screamed admitting it as the tears he’d been holding back fell.

“Why!! Why should you care?!” Mark yelled not knowing why they were screaming each other’s ears out when all he wanted to do was draw Jackson into his arms and make those tears stop.

“Because I like you!! Jerk!!” Jackson screamed through his sobs

“I like you too!!!” Mark screamed “No!! I love you!!”

“Bastard!!” Jackson yelled crying hysterically, as all his feelings became clear at Mark’s words, love, that was what he felt for Mark but hadn’t known because It was something he had never felt before.

“Stop crying!!” Mark yelled annoyed at himself for making Jackson cry.

“I can’t!!!” Jackson was hysterical at this point

“This will make you” Mark pulled Jackson to him and crashed his lips against his. Jackson’s sobs slowly turned into soft throaty moans and his feet slowly popped up behind him as he lost himself in Mark’s sweet kisses, it was like magic even though there were no fireworks.

“That worked” Jackson laughed when they finally broke away from the kiss.

“Let’s get out of here, there’s something I’ve been wanting to do to you for a very very long time” Mark winked at Jackson and dragged him along as they left the Easter party.

~~~777777~~~

Monday April 6th. 7:18 am

Jackson lay in Mark’s arms giggling at the jokes Mark was whispering in his ear as they snuggled, he felt a tickle in his boxers very close to his jewels “stop” he laughed hitting Mark’s chest playfully.

“What” Mark laughed softly into Jackson’s ear

“Stop touching me there” Jackson giggled

“I’m not” Mark held up his hands. Their eyes drifted to the empty weaved box on Mark’s bedside table and Mark covered his ears as Jackson screamed curses at him. Jackson jumped off the bed and striped off his boxers sending the tarantula flying across the room, Mark picked it up and locked it back in his box “It’s gone, I put it away” Mark laughed at Jackson who was still jumping around, he pulled him into his arms and Jackson calmed down “since you’re already , let’s do that thing I showed you last night” Mark whispered against Jackson’s neck where he was nuzzling his face.

“I like the sound of that” Jackson trembled in Marks arms as he felt his warm breath against his neck. His knees weakened and Mark picked him up right on time before they gave out under him, as Mark laid him down on the bed and showered his body with soft kisses, he knew that Mark had been his Mr. Perfect all along.

~~~7777777~~~