Misfortune

Speak Now!

you POV

Its been a week since we went at Sehun’s house. Im glad that he’s gradually opening on us. Despite of his outer looks and taste of clothing, he is amazingly rich, wealthy and a GORGEOUS human being to be exact.  

As for the both of us (me and Baek) we decided to guide Sehun, to change him. We recommended some of his clothes to pattern it by himself and we’ll see its result.

I pity Sehun, his parents were always out of country, attending their individual businesses. His mom is in Beijing, while his dad’s in Bangkok. It made him to live alone with their maids. He’s lacking parents guidance so it turned out that he always has this gloomy aura and it made him don’t care about his surroundings.

Me and Baek we’re currently walking...

“Baekhyun, may I ask you a question?” My heart skipped a beat.  

“You’re already asking me” He sarcastically said as we entered our school gate.

“Aish. Stop that sarcastic answer” I flipped my hair, placed them at the side to stuck it on my right shoulder.

“Mian. So what’s your question?” he slightly giggled but I don’t know why. I seriously don’t know how to start the sentence of my very own question. What if he noticed a clue from my question?

“W-what if you’re in love but your beloved person is in a relationship already, will you still confess your true feelings?” PABO PABO PABO! >////<  By the time of crossing the verge of my thoughts, a strong wind abruptly salute us and so the strands of my hair has looped together. Wow! What a good timing -_____- I’m pretty sure that we were just fresh a while ago but how come I feel haggard today? Oh maybe because of my stupid question.

“Wae? Are you in love already? Ayeeee” he teased me while poking my arm. I looked at him and I caught him rubbing his eyes.

“H-Hey, did you got dust in your eyes?” I worriedly asked. He only nodded as a respond so I voluntarily leaned towards him as I said...

“Open your eyes. I will blow it for you so the dust would go away” I leaned more closer to him and our face were so close that in just a simple wrong move, we’ll kiss. Even though im seriously suffocating and blushing in here, I managed to carefully blow an air to his eyes, his eyes were twitching, scared.

“Now, open your eyes. How’re you feeling?” he nodded but his eyes were still red.

“Thanks *blink blink* Oh, back to our topic. So why did you asked that question? Did you found the person you’re interested in? Hmm?” and he playfully wiggled his eye brows.

“Nah, m-my girl friend asked me that question but I didn’t answered her. Well, I know nothing about love.” I focused my stare on the ground.

“But you said when we’re still in mid school, you have a special person since kindergarten?” I gulped. I did not expect him to remember that.

“Oh, t-that? I was just j-joking that time, I-i’m not really in love with someone until now” it’s obviously a lie but because I’m good at lying when it comes to my emotions, he wouldn’t notice a thing. what a BIG BIG LIE. Well it’s his fault for not noticing my feelings.

“Are you sure?”

“Yep. Im really sure—why did you bought up that question? I need you to answer my question, not you to ask me”

“Okay okay. Hmmm If I were her, I will still confess even if that person reject me or even If that person’s in a relationship already. To be hurt or to be rejected one way or another it’s still part of Love. Yes, you might say that loving someone is easy but to be loved back is hard to reach. Like, ten people. The remaining nine has feelings with me while that one person who’s left was the one im in love with but unluckily, that person can’t return my feelings. So, if she’ll get rejected then so be it. It’s her fate.”

“Wow! I-I didn’t know that you have that side too Baekhyun” well im really speechless.

“Be thankful, your best friend’s smart—oh wait here comes the prince in a white horse” well he’s referring Sehun, means a wealthy guy with a lot of money in life.

“Sehun-ah!” Baekhyun called out Sehun. He’s reading a book while sitting at the bench. Both of us waved at him. “Y-yo” he shyly said. Baekhyun taught him that greeting. Baekhyun grabbed Sehun’s head by locking it by one arm. “You kiddo. Be thankful you learned that thing from me” he then ruffled Sehun’s hair.  

“Hyung!” Sehun exclaimed.

“Rough personality ekekeke~” Baekhyun teased and hardly messed Sehun’s hair.

“Aish Jinjja! This is the real me. I just don’t want people touching my head, worst is messing and ruffling it.” Sehun removed Baekhyun’s hands from his head.

“Short tempered. Pfft” I unexpectedly blabbered out of know where. Sehun pouted.

“Michyeosseo” he said. We chuckled because of Sehun’s respond of interaction. It turned out that what I assumed really did happen. He’s fun to be with. I hope we’ll just stay like this.

Sehun ran as fast as he can but Baekhyun insisted to chase after him and so we did “Sehun!” Baekhyun called out. Still teasing Sehun.

“Don’t follow me idiots!” did he just called us idiots? How dare you Oh Sehun!

“You’re the one who’s an idiot! We’re not following you! We’re in the same class pabo! We must hurry or else we’ll get a free lesson called SERMON from Ms. Jung” We ran for our lives I mean for our class. We’re totally lateeeee!!!

When we got in front of our classroom, we argue of who will be the person to knock at the door and firstly to enter. I directed the tip of my index finger at Baekhyun and Baekhyun’s pointed at Sehun while Sehun’s was pointed at me. “Scratch this nonsense! Okay, we’ll just do rock paper and scissors, good luck to the loser” I said to end the argument. Both of them nodded, agreeing. “Let’s start” Sehun said. Its very simple, the person who’ll get the score of 3 will be the loser and will take the dare, well not exactly a dare. The first partner were me and Sehun. He’s pretty good in this but I won’t lose. The thought of winning was confidently in my mind but in the end, he still won. The next partners were Sehun and Baekhyun. I know Baekhyun’s also an expert when it comes to this game.

The game was seriously nerve breaking. Ms. Jung, she’s a young teacher here in our school yet the most terrifying. She has no temper. She has no mercy and all. But I believe she’s just doing those to fix our bad manners and be a good example.

Back to the game. As I was saying--- “Baekhyun! You lose haha---“ we’re currently laughing at Baekhyun, his tears was nearly rolling down. I know him well, He hates losing. So the most expert between them is Sehun.

“Can we restart the game?!” he cried out. He’s like a kid. But after a short joy, atmosphere gave us goose bumps and we shivered. It’s not winter yet it’s cold?

“Restart your own game Mr. Byun” the three of us slowly ducked our heads at the person who spoke those words. We saw her smiling and her eyes were like a mom that was happily saw her children. But then when the moment we exchanged smiles with her, formed a serious feature and her eyes formed a glare. Her eye brows that were apart a while ago are now connected.

“M-Ms. Jung, W-we didn’t notice your p-p-presence. W-We’re just playing in here. Its called Rock the paper using s-scissors” Baekhyun said while stuttering.

“Is that so?” crept a smile, a smile whose everyone knew was terrifying and you’ll know you’ll be drag in to hell later. And again, her face became serious.

“The three of you are not allowed to present your face in my class in one week! Understand?! Is it hard for your feet to enter this classroom?” we gulped. My heart’s throbbing so fast as If I forgot to breathe. I can’t think a better reason. In my whole life, it’s the first time I got suspended. Noooooooo! Eomma will scold me!!!

“Ms. Jung, we’re very sorry for what we’ve done, we’re one at fault. Its just that we’re too afraid to enter the classroom because we knew that you’ll embarrass and scold us. Please don’t do this to us, we’ve learned our lesson and we’ll never do it again.” Sehun bowed his head, its like our minds were connected so we also did followed Sehun. We heard Ms. Jung sighed.

“I didn’t assumed that you’re brave to say those things to me Mr. Oh, you’re usually quiet and hard to approach but now, you finally become friends with someone.” she smiled WHOA! the way she spoke softened! You’re a real miracle Oh Sehun!

“Really?” Sehun merrily said. His eyes were twinkling like a child's

“Yes and because of that, that one week suspension will be one week and 2 days and that’s final” Happy Sehun frowned. Me and Baekhyun turned into a human stone. So her smile a while ago was…AHHHHH!! ANDWAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“See you next week kids. Happy Vacation from my subject!” she entered the room and aggressively closed the door.

“This is all your fault Baekhyun!” they both jolt in surprise even myself. I did not expect to voice that out.

“What?! But you’re also the one at fault! You started that rock paper and scissors. If we just only faced our fear towards Ms. Jung then we’ll only taste the embarrassment. Look of what that game has done to us, its like the thunder and lightning collided in just a snap then a misfortune has unexpectedly strike us.” And because of his dramatic speech, I snapped. I didn’t mean to blame him. Its because the exam’s near and I have to focus on Ms. Jung’s subject. I’m not good at self studying.

“You know what, blaming each other won’t do any help.” Sehun said. He walked towards our spot then the next thing he did has made my heart dropped. He grabbed Baekhyun’s right hand then placed it above mine. We’re like a couple that promising an eternal love. It feels like my milieu has changed and we’re under a tree with a mistletoe hanging up on its branch. And slowly but surely our face will come closer and closer and closer。。。

Sfx: POK

“Now, stop daydreaming and reconcile” Sehun knocked me in my head while murmuring. Is he a mind reader? Did he read my thoughts too? Or he knew about me loving Baekhyun? Aish. He left us alone. I can feel Baek’s eyes staring at me. Gaaaaah! I can’t look at him.

“I-Im sorry”-me

“Im sorry!"-baekhyun

We both said in chorus. My cheeks became red. I lip my lower lip, halting myself to form a smile.

“I-Its okay Baek. I am the one who blamed you first. I didn’t think before escaping those words from my mouth. So im really sorry” this time we’re both staring at each other eye to eye. He’s eight or ten inches taller than me so I still have to move my head up to catch his eye level.

“Pffft. Apology accepted” he spoke between chuckling then he patted my head. His eyes we’re closing apart. His chuckling sound was like a harmony for my ear, as if a melody jammed inside of my head. The way his beautiful slender fingers touched my head with the whole of his palm can flock in any electrical atoms inside of my body.

***

After School, I went at a magazine store. Of course, without Baekhyun, he’s with Taeyeon.

“I hope he’ll learn about fashion using these” and I happily left the store. These magazine is for Sehun. I bought two, just in case if one’s not enough. These magazine is all about clothings, fashions and also for men's style. 

As I was walking along the street, something caught my eye, only I saw a necklace with letter “B” in it. It has glittering stone on its main pendant. Its very simple yet astonishingly beautiful in eyes. B reminds me of Baekhyun and so I bought it, I’ll give it to him later.

“What are you doing?” I heard familiar voices. I took a peek only to show Baekhyun and Taeyeon. What a day. What a heartbreaking scene. Its so quiet that i can hear their conversation.

“Im dancing. Can’t you see?” Baekhyun giggled along with his dance. How cute. I want him to dance in front of me too. I want him to dance Careless Whisper. Hehe just kidding.

here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuU5Tud3wiI

“Yes I know, but what is your purpose?” Taeyeon looked puzzled. Girl you’re so lucky don’t you know?! Just watch him and don’t interrupt.

“To make you smile. These past few days, I noticed that you’re avoiding me. Did I do something wrong? Just tell me.” And there, Baekhyun stopped and kneeled down to stay levelled with Taeyeon. How sweet of him. I wish he would also do that to me…one day.

“It’s just im kind of jealous” Taeyeon's expression changed. 

“Jealous to who?” Baekhyun's still smiling.

“Your best friend” My heart cant bare it anymore. You're the one he love yet you're still getting jealous? Oh come one, I know that you know who he's in a relationship with. Not like me, i dont have a chance oh him, its 0.00% I slowly walked away from them. I took out my phone and my earphone. I selected Mistake by SNSD. Mistake…Is it a mistake for me for loving you?  A mistake that I didn’t told you my true feelings? I know it is too late but I hope at least, I’ll have a chance. Just an inch of chance.

***

As usual, we’re still suspended for attending Ms. Jung’s class. Sehun messaged us saying he will be late. Late or not, we’re still suspended. We’re currently here in the school’s garden. He treated me ice cream. Yum. Now, im completely forgetting about Ms. Jung.

“Hey, you got something there” he said. Am I allowed to nosebleed? This guy’s really bright like a diamond oh and its breaking my heart. CECILIA----scratch that, BYUN BAEKHYUN~ YOU’RE BREAKING MY HEART YOU’RE SHAKING MY CONFIDENCE DAILY~

“where?” I looked at him, my common innocent look. But deep inside, im dying.

“Here” then he suddenly moved his hands as he placed it on my left cheek. I jolted when he wiped it with his thumb and it. ARGHHH! DIS BYUN BEKYON IZ REALLY A DIZAZTEUR! (disaster) A BIG DIZAZTEUR!!!!

“There” he smiled at me while pinching my cheeks. Gosh, is there some medicine that can stop a person from blushing? If so, here’s my money. *le throws to yer screens*  

“Kyeopta” and with his compliment, my heart’s in a total wreck. Gosh!!!! I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALLLL~

“W-what?!” I stutteringly said. Who the hell can speak normally after that hey-you-got-ice-cream-then-wiped-and--by-him scene? I CANT GET OVER PEOPLE!

“Well you’re blushing missy” I rolled my eyes, avoiding to stare at him. Silence filled between us, only we hear people chattering and laughing. BUT MY HEART FEELS LIKE PANTING FROM EXHAUSTION! FROM TOO MUCH TOTAL HARD HEART BEAT!

After calming down, a thought suddenly hit my head. What if I confess to him right now?

“Umm, Baekhyun, you know what...”

“What is it?” I looked at him awkwardly. He’s smiling at me innocently, clueless about a thing. /reminds me of sehun’s ‘never don’t mind about a thing’ part/

“Let’s go outside first, I know a better place” I grabbed his hands and dragged him with me at the back of our school’s building. The place was so quiet.

“T-this is sudden but y-you know, since kindergarten I felt something and when we became close I mean bestfriends, you coloured my lifeless life and im happy that you’ve been my inspiration ever since.I just want you to know t-that I-I Lov----“ cutting my words, I knew it will happen.

“Baekhyun!--So there you are!” someone called and it’s the girl he’s enamored with. The girl ran but not that fast, she remained calm.

“Jagiya!” the moment Taeyeon leaned towards Baekhyun and clung her arms on Baek hit me big time. Not only to my heart but also my soul. I still managed to smile at her half heartedly. It really is my unlucky day today.

“Is your time vacant?” Baekhyun asked Taeyeon. Taeyeon nodded as a yes. “Let’s eat together then. But wait a minute, you wants to talk to me. You go at the canteen first, I’ll be there in a dash after this okay?” Taeyeon gestured an okay before heading at the canteen.

“So what is it” My heart’s beating so fast, I can’t think normally and my face seemed heated up. Eotteoke?! Do I really have to confess. Gooosh! This mouth really. Im not yet ready.

“I-I-I L---“

“hmmm?” he said. All I can think is nothing but how to properly say it to him. The butterflies in my stomach cant seem to be composed, my blood’s rushing up to my face, my hands and knees are shaking. My tongue and mouth cant cooperate. But what if he shun me after this? Our friendship can turn into a piece of fragments or be torn like a paper----

“…I will still confess even if that person reject me or even If that person’s in a relationship already”

“ …To be hurt or to be rejected one way or another it’s still part of Love”

 “…If you’ll get rejected then so be it. It’s your fate.”

I calmed myself AGAIN. I closed my eyes, entwined my fingers together and bowed a head.

“I-I-I LOVE YOU BYUN BAEKHYUN!” and at last, I finally said those words. I can finally breathe normally. As soon as I opened my eyes, this person whom I confessed to suddenly held my hand. He’s now smiling at me, an angel that was sent from heavens above. 

 

 

[A/N]: Im not a hater of Taeyeon, in fact she's one of my bias wreckers in SNSD just so you know, Ppanyang would still be in rank 1 ekeke.