Anonymous

Speak Now!

you POV

“Baekhyunnie! Wake up! You’re going to be late!”

“If you wont wake up then I will leave. Bye~” 

“Hey stop!” he grabbed my hand and pulled me in his bed, pretending that he’s still sleeping. My back faced his figure. I felt a pair of hands sneaking through my stomach and before I knew, he already cuddled me. “Baek! stop acting like a child. We’re college students now, plus what if your girlfriend suddenly visit you here and  sees us in this position, she might misunderstand!” he chuckled.

“Pabo! she knows that you’re my best friend and nothing malicious can happen between us” I felt a little pang on my chest.

You don’t know how much my heart was aiming for you to notice my feelings Baek. You’re really slow like a turtle Paboooo! Those sweet words, those sweet acts that giving me courage but also hurting me because I cant escape from the truth that you’re only seeing me as your best friend. I see you as a man and not a BEST FRIEND.

“Eomma we’re taking our leave. Bye~” Baek then waved at his mom. He took his bike and ride into it. He patted its sit behind signaling me to sit there. After that, he pedaled as fast as he can and soon we reached the school.

As we were talking while passing the hallway, we say Taeyeon unnie. His life, the girl who took her heart, his GIRLFRIEND. He discontinued the conversation and greet Taeyeon.  “Jagiya! Good morning” he peck Taeyeon’s lips as if im not around. “Morning unnie” I smiled. A fake one. I swear to God I want to die at this rate. Seeing her makes my heart berserk. She responded and bowed. The bell rang, they waved a goodbye as she went to her classroom.  Me and Baek were left alone. Our class will start after 30 minutes.

“Baek, you do really are head over heels towards Taeyeon unnie huh” Teasing him was my hobby but this time, it’s a little bit painful. He looked at me in surprise and blinked a couple of times. After a second, He then slightly turned away his gaze and  bend over his head. “S-So w-what If I do? Isn’t it obvious that im crazy when it comes to her?” my heart…again…sh*t

“Baekhyun plus Michyeosseo equals Baekcheosseo. Pfft. What a great nickname we have there” I can feel that these transparent liquid from my eyes will fall any moment. I gave him a thumbs up trying to control my emotion. But it seems like I cant.

“B-Baek, can I excuse myself for a moment?” he chuckled a little

“What’s with the formal speech?” he looked at me with naivety

“Haha I need to wash my face, my cheeks are pretty blistering” I ran to the comfort room. I cant take it anymore. I reached the first cubicle and locked myself inside. I cried my heart out. We’re together since and I know who he really are than Taeyeon. But why does his heart cant beat for me? Its always Taeyeon here and there! It’s killing me! If only hitting my head on the wall can make me forget you then I will do it but its not. I cried and cried and cried.

I heard some steps entering the comfort room. I quickly covered my mouth and calmed myself. They’re laughing and it seems like one of its voice is familiar. “Im only in a relationship with him because he’s popular and gorgeous but I don’t really love him. Duh, he’s so childish” am I just hallucinating or…

“You b*tchy girl, how dare you do that to a child?” after saying those words, all of them laughed in joy.

“Okay girls, let’s go” when im assured that they already left, I unlocked the door. “Who the hell is her?” I washed my face and wipe it afterward. I left the comfort room confused and curious about that person.

“Baek---“ I got cut off when someone grabbed me from behind and covered my mouth. "HMMM! HMMM!"

“Shhh. Calm yourself” the person behind gradually took his hand out. I turn around, making me face him.

“Who are you?”

“You don’t know who I am?” he smirked. I don’t know but I want to punch his face.

“Do people normally ask when they already knew the answer?” I crossed my arms

“Ugh, maybe?” I huffed a sigh. What a weirdo.

“I don’t have time to play with you. So can you please move aside?”

“Okay. I am Kim Joonmyeon, short for Suho” he eyesmiled. It reminds me of Baekhyun. I grinned.

“Short for Suho? Haha ‘Short’ pretty suits you, change your nickname from Suho to Short” I pat his head and ruffled his hair. I looked at him, Instead of making an angry face, his facial expression did not change. He’s just staring at me while his lips was a bit parted. Urgh, awkward?

“W-what are you staring at? Do I have a dirt on my face?”

“Y-Ye”

“Yeah?”

“Y-Yeppeuda” O__O

“Bo?!” O/////O

“Ah, i-I have to go. Bye.”

“O---kay?” he ran upstairs. But before his figure fade, he took a step back and shouted.

“WHAT’S YOUR NAME?!!” I giggled. He’s an idiot. Pabo Suho.

you!!!” he laughed in joy. Hah, weirdo.

****

“Baeeeek!” he startled.

“Oh, you what took you so long?” he asked. I scratched my neck while jerking my head down.

“Ah, hehe. I-I just retouched my make up” silence filled the whole place until Baekhyun suddenly broke the silence with his breath taking laugh.

“What? Retouching? But you said “Baek, I need to wash my face” and you’re not even wearing any make up, you hate make up! then you’re saying that you retouched?” he sighed.

“You’re obviously lying. Hiding something from me ey?” he playfully wiggled his eyebrows.

“N-Nothing. But it’s true, I retouched a little” even though its not.

“May I see your face in close up if you’re really saying the truth?” he moved closer and closer. Oh no, he might hear my heart beat. *Raaaaaaang* (sfx: bell)

“Just kidding. I wont force you.” I sighed in relief

“But even without make up or even if you’re saying the truth or not, you’re always beautiful inside and out you , remember that” my cheeks turned into a tomato. Baek, its your fault, Please don’t make me expect and assume.

***

Third Person’s POV

The class has started while Baekhyun, secretly messaging his girlfriend using his cellphone that is placed under his desk. And again, your heart tore apart wishing you were Taeyeon. A loud knock has disturbed your teacher from lecturing. “Another annoying people” You slipped your head at the top of your desk as you crossed your arms under while closing your eyes. But a couple of earsplitting squeal broke your ear drums. “Tsk. The hell’s their problem?” Because of annoyance, you gradually moved your head up and there you saw a familiar face entering the classroom. You gasped in horror and your eyeballs almost fell from its socket.

“W-what is he ing doing here?” you thought.

“Good morning schoolmates! I am Kim Joonmyeon. I would like to inform each one of you that we will be having a midnight party tomorrow. So on and so forth please wear your most elegant and most astonishing suits. Oh and please do find a partner.” his fellow students whose tagging along with him walked towards your seats one by one and gave all of you an invitation card.

You poke your seatmate. “Uhmm, who is that midget?“ you pointed out that one figure standing in front. “Ah, he is the School President. His name is Kim Joonmyeon but because his name was a bit long he nicknamed himself ‘Suho’” you nodded as a respond. You shifted your stare at Suho and you’re pretty surprised because he’s also staring at you while wearing that smirk you saw earlier. You evilly grinned at him. “Aha! I have an idea. Hehehe.” You slowly opened your mouth and emphasizing something in the bare air. His smirk faded and a glare has crept on his face.

“E-Everyone, thank you so much, I hope that all of you will participate for tomorrow. Goodbye.” All of them bowed. And before closing the door, Suho looked back at you and gave you his usual smirk.

You chuckled a little and focused yourself back at your teacher. Behind those interactions, behind your chuckling expression, there’s this one person who’s seriously having a bit anxiousness was deeply staring at you.

As soon as your last subject ended, All of your classmates already left the room including Baekhyun. Instead of going home, you chose to stay. Your stare was glued in the paper you holding. You unwrapped the envelope and read what is written.

 “Midnight Party………Most Astonishing Suit……….Couple of the Year---what?” you immediately reviewed each words and names and there it popped “Byun Baekhyun and Kim Taeyeon” you frowned. Your eyes explored the whole paper until you saw something that made you screamed like a tiger.

“W-Why is m-m-m-my name---“ you heard a boastful laugh.

“Oh finally, you noticed.” You twist your head and there you saw a midget standing right in front of the classroom’s door.

“What do you want ! You’re seriously making fun of me.” But we only met this morning and the invitation was printed out last week.  

“Whoa, relax. Its only for tomorrow and besides, im helping you to get a boyfriend. And its because you called me a midget that time.” Ah! That time when they were in our room.

“What the hell are you blabbering about?! I don’t need a boyfriend! Because I already have someone I like!”

“I don’t care.” He shifted his eyes to his watch. “Well then…” he somersaulted then faced you again. “Adieu~”

You don’t know if you’ll laugh or cry. Laugh because he somersaulted or cry because of his plan. I think he already know me before we encountered each other.

***

 “Im Home!” Your mother welcomed you with a smile that made you puzzled. Whenever your mother smiles like that, it’s obvious that there’s a good news.

“Ugh, eomma, you sure do look happy today” she then nodded and started to tell you the whole thing.

“My dear, Someone left this box outside of our house’s gate. At first, I controlled myself not to touch it because im scared that it might be a bomb, but then, my DORA like hands commanded my whole body. I carefully opened the box and it showed a cocktail dress that is full of gleaming beads and glitters. I sighed in relief as I saw its letter under the dress. It says: Please come to the party tomorrow, let’s meet at the gate – Anonymous”    

“Who’s anonymous?” you touched your temples with the tip of your index finger.

“I don’t know. Maybe, your secret admirer? Ohoho, my precious daughter is now having a love life.” Your mother teased you.

Because of excitement, you immediately ran upstairs while tightly holding your dress. “Now, its time.” You playfully smirked. You took off your shirt and jeans, revealing your body with only bra and underwear.

“Im not that fat tho, im y--- hahaha kidding. as if I am” you happily grabbed the dress and warily wore it. But you suddenly felt a presence. You began to have goose bumps until someone spoke.

“Hmm, you look good on that cocktail dress. Im pretty astounded.” You slowly jerked your head towards your window’s direction and there you saw a figure.

“Kyaaaaaaaaaah!!! Baek, what are you doing here?!” you quickly covered your body with your arms.

“Hey, don’t worry I didn’t see anything. Its when you’re done changing was what I exactly saw.” 

“Is that so. Okay. Come in” Baekhyun then gladly stepped in.

“So you’re really attending, I thought you hate parties?” You shook your head.

“Its not that I hate parties, im just too picky when it comes to some parties I am about to attend. This one is formal so I would like to come. And there’s also a reason—“ you told Baekhyun the whole story. He seems happy for you because it’s the first time that someone has taken an interest in you plus, this anonymous person gave a dress for the party. Aren’t you a lucky girl? Yes, seeing Taeyeon with Baekhyun everyday surely made your heart ache but for him to be happy like this for you is the most painful. Why? Because he didn’t even show a bit bitterness nor jealousy, rather he’s one hundred percent happy for his bestfriend and its you im referring to.

“B-Baek, aren’t you attending tomorrow’s party? I saw your name and Taeyeon’s at the invitation card for being nominated as the Couple Of The Year”

“Ah, that? I don’t know if we’ll come but if you want to then I will” he smiled at you. The only smile that always making your heart to sway.

“If I want to? Of course! Please Baek, come at the party. I want to see you in a tuxedo.” You pouted.

“Okay okay” he brushed your bangs away that is covering half of your face.

“Better” he then flashed a smile again. “Gotta go now you I promise, I will come” You followed his movements. He carefully took the ladder and descended through the ground.  As he reached the ground, he looked up and then waved at you as a bid of goodbye. 

***

It’s already 1:11am but you’re still wide awake. You suddenly remembered your middle school days.

Flashback

This day is the last day of your school day which is the start of your very own vacation. You put your palm under your chin when someone knocked at your window didn’t mention it was Baekhyun. You gasped not because of surprise but because you wished him to come over and it happened.

“Yo! Wassup youinstead of welcoming him with a warm smile, you just glued a glare at him acting like you’re annoyed or what so ever but deep inside, you’re palpitating.

“The hell are you doing here?” you asked while biting your lower lip.

“Nothing, im just bored and I cant sleep. I already did some that can possibly entertain myself. I even ate my father’s precious cake that was cut in half but *sigh* im still bored as hell” 

“Im sure he’ll get mad because his cake is missing. Be ready for tomorrow’s sermon”

“Nah, I don’t care” you shot a glare at him and rolled your eyes.

“I want to sleep” lies “If you’re bored then watch some videos on the internet. It will surely entertain you”

“Whoa, im not watching any alright?—“

“Don’t deny” you moved around facing the wall.

“Okay okay, Im watching some once a month. Happy now? Hmm But you, you’re maybe watching some of it, you suggested it first. As you said earlier, don’t deny~” he poked your cheek.

“Argh! Of course not! im a girl, im forbidden to watch some of it. In fact, you’re also not allowed but you’re crossing the line.”

“Hahaha. Some girls out there are watching almost everyday”

“But im not THEM. Byun Baekhyun, you’re really a bother you know? Don’t disturb me, im going to sleep”

you Not yet! I will not let you sleep” he tickled you and you start to laugh to the point of catching your breath. Luckily, your parents were not around.

“Hah hah hah---Baek s-stop” he obeyed then positioned himself beside you. A question suddenly popped out in your mind.

“Baek, do you have someone you like?” you shifted your eyes to him. You saw him also staring at you that made you blush a little, but instead of answering yes or no he just smiled then nodded.

“J-Jinjja? Who is she?” You asked him in excitement but also felt pain at the same time.

“S-Secret. How about you?” he said to escape from the question. Baekhyun avoided his eyes from yours, focusing his gaze to observe your room.

“Yes, and im madly in love with him since Kindergarten” you heard him gasped in surprise. Oh no, what did I just said? Arghhh! It’s like I confessed to him.

“You like that guy? That Chanyeol guy?” You covered your mouth not to laugh.

“You can be a future fortune teller Baek. Haha but he’s not the lucky guy, here’s a clue.” You leaned towards his ear then whispered some words.

“You already KNOW who he is” you leaned back  to face him then grinned.

“Okaaay? I wont force you then” he exchange grin with you, but you didn’t expect him to leaned closer and suddenly…

“Ba-Baek! What was that for?” you touched your forehead while blushing.

“Its only a goodnight kiss. Bye. Gotta go now” you exchange waves. When he left, you jump in to your bed and spazz there.

Kyaaaah! H-he kissed my forehead! Oh my gosh did he ate something? Or is it the cake that made him do that? You rolled back and forth at your bed and your face was really in deep scarlet.

End of Flashback

Your room was filled with your ticklish chuckle. Until now, you cant forget that scene and it’s still bothering you of who was the lucky girl he mentioned he has feelings for before. Nevermind. *chuckle* He usually use ‘I wont force you’ and ‘gotta go’ *sigh* really, Baek. I wonder, What other words will you start to use when you got married with Taeyeon? Is it the magic three words and eight letters?

 

 

[A/N]:  Sorry If there’s some grammatical error ._.