Confession

Watch Out

-F I N A L-

 

 

 

It's been two weeks since that movie night. That was our last movie night together, actually.

You see, I've been ignoring him for a couple of days and he tried his best to confront me, asking me what's wrong, if I was okay and all that crap. But then, I guess he got tired and gave up completely. That resulted in us not seeing each other anymore. 
 

I won't lie, but I won't admit it to myself either. 
 

I miss him.
 

Badly.
 

I mean, I do like him and I still am. And I was tired of this cat and mouse chasing game so one day, I decided to end of all this and grew some balls to face him. I want to explain to him what have been going on my mind since I saw that kiss and I want to confess to him. Properly, this time. And I still didn't get the answer to why he was kissing me that one day. But then, a news spread across the school got me fall to my knees.

 

 

 

Jung DaeHyun has officially dated Kim Sae Ra.

 

 

All of my hope get crushed with the news that day. I can't help but feel sorry for myself. It was clear that something like this would happen. I should have gim him a chance and explain to him sooner. I think it was too late now.

I remembered how I cried my eyes out that day. And I still didn't understand why. I kept telling myself he wasn't even my boyfriend and I don't really have the right to get all worked up over it. But then I remembered how he kiss me and how he look so flustered when I asked him about it. I even confessed to him! Even if it seems like I just blurted it out in the spur of the moment, it was still a confession. Didn't he cared at least a little about that? Your best friend just confessed to you, and the next day you go around kissing people and you even dated them! That's when I realised he played with me. It's not even make sense since he was my best friend, Why would he played with me? He know me better than anyone else. Hell, I was 100% sure he knows that I have feelings for him, seeing the way he always tease me about it. And that's how I developed a hatred towards him. 
 

I know I could never stop liking him. But whenever I remembered that he had played with my heart, it would always made me mad at want to snap at everything and everyone who even dare to look at my way.
So, that's how I end up shutting myself from the rest of the school. Even HimChan gave up on trying to make me talk again.

 

I was walking towards my locker to get the books for today's lessons. I unlocked it and 3 letters fall the moment I opened the locker. I look into my locker to see three or four more letters and I sigh. 
 

'Girls. Don't they have better things to do than writing a sappy letter?.' I thought to myself. 
 

Since we're on our senior year, the whole school practically now us since we're a fun, noisy bunch of people. I was well known too. The first reason, I was the top student in school and I wasn't even your typical nerd who had his nose buried in books all the time. I was that type of student who doesn't really have to study much but pass the exams with flying colors. I don't know how I did it though. I just listened to the teachers in class and the information just sank in. Well, the fact that I always done my homework in time added to the magic, I guess. The second reason, just admit it. I'm pretty good-looking. I know I had my own fan club in this school. But unfortunately for me, I just had to be into pants. The third one, I was in every school's singing competition and I have won every single time. Even if it's not the 1st place.
 

And the main reason is, I was best friend with Jung DaeHyun, and Kim HimChan.
 

Really, how unfortunate.
 

 

DaeHyun, well, he's hot. What else is there to say. He's not really good when it comes to academic, -he's not stupid, it's just not his quality-, but he is number one in sports. He also entered a singing competition with me once, and hell since then the number of his fan girls increasing like a disease.
 

Kim HimChan. He's loud and confident. He's the school proud swimmer and has win almost every single competition he's in. So, of course everybody knows him. With that pretty face? I don't think anyone will ignored that. Well, except for YongGuk.

Speaking of him, he's in the same grade as me. He was well known for his secretive personalities. But no one actually know him. Excpet for me and HimChan. DaeHyun only met him a few times, so they're not that close. He was rarely seen in school. I don't know how he does that. I mean, he was there in his class, taking notes and all, and that's basically where you would find him in school. He was a total weirdo, I could say. But I like him. 
 

I don't really know why I suddenly interested in listing their personality in my head. I think I've lost some brain cells. I guess the fact that I was lonely starts eating me. I should really talk to someone soon, or I might just lose my mind.
 

I don't have any close friends other than DaeHyun, HimChan and YongGuk. I may be the popular smart guy who can sing in school, but I don't have that many friends. Of course, I talked to my classmates and some random junior who happened to bumped into me, but that was just that. I have a problem making a conversation with people and that's why I haven't had a girlfriend. Or, a boyfriend, in my case. It's just weird. I mean, I could literally get any girl, or guy I want, seeing those letters I got every week, but I just chose not to. 
 

And I blame it all to one person.
 

 

 

Jung DaeHyun.
_____________________________________________________________________________

 

I walked over to my class lifelessly. I yawn and rub my eyes. I haven't had a proper sleep last night since JunHong had caught a bad fever. He always got a nightmare whenever he had a fever, so I was up almost all night, comforting him and what not. It's not the first time this had happen though, so I am not complaining. My parents will be back from their business trip later today anyway, so I could let my mom handle him. She knows what to do.
I enter my class and walked over to my desk. I place my bag and sat on the chair lazily. I yawn again and planted my face on the table. 'I'm so tired already.' I whined in my head.

 

I could hear the scraping of the chair beside me but I chose to ignore it. It must be Peniel, since it was his seat anyway.
 

"Hey."


I froze.

 

My heart was pounding loudly and I could feel the anger inside me starting to boil up.

 

'Why is he here? I thought he already gave up.'
 

I wanted to yell at him to go away, hit him so he would get the message, push him or maybe even kill him but I have no strenght to do anything so I decided to ignore him. 
 

"Jae, YoungJae. Look at me, please." The voice pleaded.

I groaned in annoyance. I decided to give him the amusement and lift my head up to look at him.

"There, I look at you. Now what?." I said, coldly.

DaeHyun flinched slightly from my icy tone but he quickly clear his throat and regain his composure.

"Sorry for disturbing you. You seem like you need a rest." He said, eyeing my feauture.

"Hell, yes I did." I said, no emotion in my voice.

DaeHyun look a bit hurt by my ignorance but I smirk mentally at that. 'Yeah, serves you right.'

"Umm, I was just wondering if you would come to my party tomorrow. You had promise me you would come.He asked, cautiously.

I frowned. Party? What party? And when did I promise him I would go to any of his ing party!?

"My birthday party. It's tomorrow. You. .you don't remember?."

I was speechless. His birthday? It's his birthday already!? I screamed in my head. Wow, I forgot all about that. Not that I forgot his birth date, but I wasn't aware of the things that happen around me. Hell, I didn't even know what date for today is!

I clear my throat. "Well, I actually forgot your birthday."

I could tell that DaeHyun was hurting, he looks like he was about to cry. I started to feel sorry for him. He was my best friend after all. My expression started to soften, but then I remembered.
 

He was also the one who break my heart.
 

I frowned and glared at him. That little girlfriend of him would sure be there at the party and they would most likely having a lovey dovey moment and I would rather jump off a cliff than be there to watch that. Not in a million years, no. I had cry enough. I don't want to cry over stupid things like this again. It wasn't worth it,
 

"I'm not going. Thanks for inviting me, by the way. I was surprised you even remember to invite me."


With that I hid my face in my arms as I lay my head on the table. 'What took the teacher so long!?.' I thought. But then I was startled when I feel someone hands on my arms and it brought me up to my feet. I turned and glared at DaeHyun.

"What the hell!?."

He didn't reply. He dragged me outside of the classroom and brought me to the rooftop. I tried to fight and pull away but let's face it, DaeHyun was stronger and I realised that it was pointless to even try so I stopped and just let him lead the way.

When we arrived, he slammed the door shut and a stern look plastered on his face. He was trying to calm himself, and by the looks of it, he's not succeding.

"What the is wrong with you!?." He yelled.

I widen my eyes. He got the nerve to even ask me that? That motherer.

I wasn't going to shout at him. No. I was tired as it is. I don't need to lose my voice over this stupid argument we're about to have.

"Everything is wrong, and you, out of all people should know that." I said, calmly. Even though my expresion didn't show anything close to being calm.

"How could I know when all you did was shut me out?! Tell me then. Tell me what's been going on on your freakin' head! Tell me everything!."He demanded.

"YOU !." I shout. I launched at him and punch him in the face.

He fall on the floor and cupped his cheek. He looked up at me with his questioning eyes. He was about to shout something but I beat him to it.

"You ing stabbed my heart! You had the nerve to ask me what was wrong when you know exactly what was wrong! You ing kiss me and given me hope! And what did you do? You kissed someone else and dated them right after I ing confess to you! Does my confession means nothing to you? Did you even remember I said that? Even if you didn't have the same feelings for me, you could just ing told me! You never even tell me you liked anyone! Or else I knew that I would never had a chance with you! And that kiss would never happened in the first place!."

I didn't realise that I was crying hard when I said that. I touched my cheek and feel that it was wet from my tears. I groaned. I promise myself I wouldn't cry, dammit! I wiped the tears away and choked a sob.

"You should know that. I didn't cross you as someone who would play with anyone's heart. You even act like you never did all that and that I never confess to you. Do you know how much it hurts?. I trust you, Dae. I even thought you have a feelings for me. Even just a little. That was stupid in my part. How could you like anyone like me? I'm a nobody." I said that last sentence in a sarcasm manner. 

Yeah, I'm no one important, Dae. I'm just your 'best friend'. Totally no one important.

I has stopped crying by now and DaeHyun already got up to his feet. I could see that he was crying as well, but I didn't get affected by it. He could fake that for all I know.

"YoungJae, I-."

"Save it." I said, before turning my heels and walked to the door.

DaeHyun caught my wrist before I even have a chance to turn the door knob and he pushed me against the door. I look at him and notice the bruise start to show on his cheek. I smirked mentally.

"What? You want to laugh at my pathetic self? Go ahead. I have exprienced more harsher thing than that." I said.

He was silent. He just stared at me, begging me to look into his eyes. I didn't really have any other choice, so I look at him. I could see there were hurt in it. Anger, but mostly, sadness. I scoffed.

"What do you want now, Dae? I already told you everything. Now please, leave me-."

I was cut off by a pair of lips against mine. I was shock and frozen in spot. I didn't move. I can't. I feel DaeHyun moves his hand and cupped my cheek. His other hand wrapped around my waist, bringing me closer to him and I could tell that he was trying to deepen the kiss. When I feel his tounge poking at my lower lip, I snapped.
I pushed him off of me as hard as I can and look at him in disbelief. 'What he is trying to prove? Why is he keep doing this to me?.' I thought as a tear start rolling on my cheek again.

I traced my lips and glare at him.

"What the are you trying to do? Haven't you hurt me enough!? Stop doing this!." I cried.

DaeHyun doesn't keep silent this time. His next sentence got me explode.
 

 

 

 

"I love you."
 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

I can't believe it. I can't belive this !
 

"Are you ting me? What the hell, DaeHyun!? I have enough of your bull. I ing hate you!." I said, turning around again and reached for the door knob.

DaeHyun wasn't going to have any of that. He wrapped his hands around my waist and hold me tight in his embrace. His chest pressed hard against my back and I cried.

I trash around his hold, trying to escape.

"YoungJae, please, calm down!." DaeHyun said.

"Let go of me, you er!." I cursed. 

"Please." DaeHyun whimpered in my ear. "Don't you want to hear anything I have to say?." He asked, softly.

I scoffed. "Why do I have to? You didn't even bother when I confessed to you. You answered by kissing her in front of my face anyway. Thank you very much for that!." I yelled.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. I could feel his tears on my shoulder and I stop to listen to him. 

I had stop trashing and I just stood there helplessly in his arm. I cried silently as I suddenly feel exhausted. Mentally and physically.

"Why, Dae? Why are you doing this to me? Please, stop. It hurts." I sob.

"I'm sorry, Jae. I really am. I know I've hurt you, and I'm sorry it took me a while to figure that out. I didn't know you saw the kiss. I'm really sorry." He said, still crying.

I didn't say anything. To be honest, I didn't really know what to say or what to believe right now. When I thought back about all this, I internally laugh at myself. We kissed, I confess, he ignore it like nothing like that ever happened, I saw him kissing a girl, he dated her and now here we are. It was kind of stupid reason to get all worked up over, but what's done is done and I couldn't really do anything about it.

He turned me over to face him and I saw that his eyes were already red from crying. The sight of him cry always make my inside hurt. I didn't like seing him sad, or cry. Even if I was mad at him, I just couldn't help but let the anger subsided when seeing him like this. Usually, I would give in, but this time, I hold myself from doing that and repeatedly remind myself about our situation.

"Can you hear me out? Please." He pleaded.

I sigh. Might as well find something out of this. I nodded swiftly, but keep my eyes on the ground. I couldn't risk giving in. It was his fault in the first place anyway.

"I-I'm sorry you saw the kiss. I didn't know you saw that. I admit that that was entirely my fault, but trust me, it's not my intention to hurt you. You, out of all people should know that I would never hurt you. Not on purpose anyway." He started.

I wanted to scoffed at him but I decided against it. I keep my mouth shut, silently urging him to continue. 

He wiped his tears away and continued. "I didn't really mean to ignore your c-confenssion, I just decided to act like you never said that because. .I was confused."

I finally looked up, giving him my full attention. He blushed.

"I also didn't want you to feel awkward around me, so I thought that if I act like nothing had happened, you wouldn't be embarassed or anything. And about the kiss, yes, the kiss happened. I don't have any good excuse to make up for that. And I'm sorry." He apologised.

I blinked. I never really thought about that before. I just thought that he act like nothing had happen because he didn't care and he didn't want to acknowledge it.

"Then why did you do it? Why did you kiss her?."

He bit his lip. "I was confused. I have a feeling that you like me for a while, but hearing it from you make me thought things over. I do like you, but I didn't know if it were platonic or more than that. I didn't want to hurt you by giving you false hope. But I guess I already did when I kissed you, didn't I?." He looked at me sadly. 

Again, I kept quiet. I sigh.

"What are you trying to say, Dae? I get it that it's not your intention to hurt me, but you just did. And I get that you didn't really ignore my confession. But you're not improving anything. Besides, you already have a girlfriend. You shouldn't be here right now."

"I really mean it when I said I love you, Jae."

 

Thud.

 

My heart skipped a beat. 

 

I didn't want to believe him. Yet, a small part of me has started to give in.

"You." I said, jabbing my finger at his chest. "Have to stop saying lies like that." I said, gritting my teeth.

"You have a girlfriend, Dae. How many times do I have to remind you about that? You've broke my heart once, and even if I didn't like her, I don't want you to break another heart again." I said, sternly.

DaeHyun ruffled his hair frustratedly. I could see he's getting annoyed. "It's a rumor!"

I frowned. "What?."

"Have you ever saw me walking with her? Spending time with her? NO!  That whole 'I dated Kim Sae Ra' thing was just a ing rumor! I couldn't believe you actually believe that !." He groaned.

I gaped my mouth as I looked at him, eyes wide open. "B-but you. .you kiss-."

"I kiss you too, didn't I?. That kiss with her didn't mean anything! I was confused, okay! I knew she liked me and I wanted to prove myself that what I am feeling for you is real, not just a stupid crush! So I let her kissed me." He said, panting.

"Y-you, let her?."

"I didn't kiss her back." 

 

There were a thick silence hanging around us that I started to feel uncomfortable. 'Things had gone more complicated, didn't it?.' I thought.

 

"I don't understand.I said, finally.

He sigh and walk closer to me. I unconciously back up until my back make a contact with the door. He stood close to me and let his forehead met mine. He closed his eyes and cupped my cheek.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I did, but I didn't lie when I said that I love you."

I blushed.

"After she kissed me, I realised I didn't feel anything like I did when I kissed you. You feel amazing. Hell, I never felt that way when I kiss anyone before. You're the only one that make me feel that way. So I convince myself that I really do have feelings for you. But when I tried to talk to you after school, you snapped at me. You don't know how crushed I am when you yelled at me." He whispered.

I was starting to feel guilty about that, but I didn't say anything. 

"I took that time to figure out my feelings and I tried again. You remember when I cooked dinner for you and JunHong? I thought that that would ease your anger a little and give me a chance to talk to you. But clearly, you were still made at me. I didn't blame you, though. It was my fault anyway." 

He paused. He opened his eyes and look at me. I gulped.

"I tried, Jae. I really tried, but you refuse to talk to me so eventually I stop trying. It's not that I'd give up, I just thought that you might want some time alone to thought things over. I didn't know what you're so mad of. I thought you were having problems with HimChan or something. But when you snapped at me it was obvious that it was me who you were mad at. For a second there, I thought you were avoiding me because you thought I had rejected you. I didn't respond to your confession so I thought that might be it. That's why I'm here. To clear things with you. And I'm glad I talked to you earlier, or else I wouldn't have known the real reason for you to be so pissed off. To be honest, I was kind of relief that you were mad at me because of the kiss. It's shows that you really have feelings for me, that you are. .jealous."

I blushed. I never really thought of that. No wonder I was so mad about this whole thing. I was just jealous.

"I'm not j-jealous." I denied.

"Yeah, sure you're n-not.He stuttered, mocking me. He smirked.

"Damn you." I said, shoving him away.

He chuckled. "All of this trouble just because you're jealous of me."

"Shut up, Dae. I'm still mad at you." I said, frowning as I saw him grinning.

"Will this make up for it?." 

I don't even have time to respond as a pair of lips crashed against mine. I was frozen for a second but when I feel his thumb rubbing soothing circle on my back, I felt calm and start kissing him back. 'God, I miss this so much.' I sigh as we kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I could feel his smile while we kiss and he wrapped his hands around my waist. We kissed for God knows how long until I feel the need to breath and reluctantly pulled away. I panted.

I could hear our heavy breath and for some reason, the sound make me calm. I looked up to see the most breathtaking sight I've ever seen. DaeHyun was looking at me with so much love it was unbelievable. His mouth opened slightly as he took a deep breath and his eyes half lidded. He smiled as he notice my stare.

"What?." He asked, smirking slightly.

"Nothing. Just admiring your awful face."

He groaned. "Really Jae? You're such a mood killer."

I laugh. I actually laugh. It was kind of weird hearing myself laugh again after two weeks of moping and pitying myself. All of this wouldn't happen if I just told him how much I hate seeing him with that girl. I'm so stupid.

Then, a thought came across my mind.

"Since when did you. ." I trailed off, a pink tint started to spread across my cheek.

"Realised that I have feelings for you?." He asked

I blushed harder and nodded.

He chuckled. "I haven't realised it until your sudden confesion actually. Then when you start avoiding me I started to feel lonely, even when I had a bunch of people surrounding me. And to think that you would never talk to me again make me feel so scared and lost. That's when I figured I would never want to live without you. And when I greeted you earlier, I could feel my heart start beating furiously. And I realised that, I do love you." He said, smiling.

I rolled my eyes. "You're gross."

He just grinned at me.

"About my confession. ." He started.

I was confused at first but then I remember the three word that he said to me, making me blushed madly.

"W-what about it?."

He didn't reply, instead, he brought my hand to his chest, where his heart is located. I was blushing when I could feel how fast his heart beat were.

"Just in case you didn't believe me." He said, softly.

I was speechless. I pulled my hand away and he was confused at first, but then he smiled widely when I lean my head against his chest, hearing his heart pound even louder that before. I blushed.

"I was doubting that earlier, but now, I trust you." I said softly.

DaeHyun hold me in his arm as we stood there, me listening to his heart beat. I sigh. This was perfect.

"You still hadn't told me anything."

I looked up "What?."

"Am I forgiven?."

I chuckled. I straighten up and pinch his unbruised cheek. He yelped.

"Yes, I forgive you."

He pouted and mumbled. "Meany."

I rolled my eyes and grab his hand, pulling him towards me as I pecked him on the lips. 

"And I love you." I said.

He was shocked for a moment before his lips curled upwards and he shook my shoulders.

"Please, say it again! Say it again!." He cheered.

I laugh at his stupid action. "I love you, you idiot."

He smiled and brought his fist in the air. "Finally! I never thought I would hear that word ever again!." He hugged me tightly until it was kind of hard for me to breath. I pushed him slightly, laughing as I did so.

"You're such a child." I said, still laughing,

He grinned ear to ear and made a little victory dance. It was fun to see this side of him. And the sight of him wriggling his made me almost squeal from his cuteness.

Almost.

I'm too manly for that.

But I did let a giggle escaped me, and unfortunately DaeHyun notice that.

So much for being manly. . .

"Haha, I never heard a man giggled before. You're such a woman." He said, pointing at me.

I blushed and smack him playfully. He groaned. "Why do you always have to hit me?." He whined.

I looked at the bruise on his cheek and feel guilty for it. I cupped his cheek and caress the bruise one softly. He hiss in pain but didn't complain. I brushed my lips over the injured cheek and kiss it just as softly. I heard him sigh as he wrapped his arms around my waist again. I still didn't retracted my hand as I continue caressing it.

"Sorry for that, though. But I don't regret it." I said, truthfully.

He chuckled. "Nahh, I deserve it anyway."

I sigh. I kissed him on the lips for a brief moment and place my head on his shoulder, snuggling comfortably.
 

 

"I love you, DaeHyun."
 

"I love you too, YoungJae."

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Finally! Updated! I'm deeply sorry for the long wait. I planned on updating this last Sunday actually, but when I tried to my internet keeps on restarting and I can't even type a single word on it. So I tried again the next day, but my laptop decided to be the slowest thing on earth and AFF takes 2 hours to load. --" That's why I didn't try again the whole week because I was frustrated. But fortunately today is a good day and my laptop was being considerate so here you go!

 

Comments, please?