Why

Watch Out

 

-C H A P T E R   T H R E E-

 

 

 

 

I groaned when I feel something tug at my shirt sleeves.

"Uh, whut?." I slurred.

"Hyung, wake up, we're gonna be late for school!."

"I don't wanna~." I whines and burry my face deeper in the pillow.

Suddenly, I sit right up and glance at my alarm clock.

, I overslept!

"Oh God, come on JunHong, hurry we're gonna be late!!." I shouted, panic.

"I just said that hyung." JunHong rolled his eyes.

I looked at JunHong briefly to see he's already change with his school uniform. I mentally kicked myself. I ignored him and quickly stumble all the way to the bathroom. JunHong watch as his so-called-brother finally made his way to the bathroom.

He shook his head. "Sometimes, I wonder if he's really older than me."
 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
 

 

"Uh, finally."
 

I nodded my head proudly when I manage to arrive just when the school gate was about to close. Since JunHong's school were 10 minutes distance from my school, there isn't any problem for me to drop him there and pick him up.
 

I quickly pick up my speed and went to my first class. Hopefully, the teacher hasn't arrive yet.
I was humming some made up song happily. But when I was nearer, I feel slightly nervous. I don't know why though, but my heart began to speed up. I frown in confusion. I stopped abruptly when I remember something.
Yesterday. .

 

I gasp. Oh no, he was in the same class as me! How could I forgot that?
 

I hesitated for a moment before I decide to just shrugged it off and just face him as if nothing had happened. I walked closer to the class and I can hear some noises, which means that the teacher still hasn't arrive yet. I sigh in relief. I walked to the class confidently but it died a horible death when I saw that annoyingly handsome face. I was about to turn around when I saw a girl came and cling at DaeHyun for a dear life and by the looks of it, DaeHyun seems pretty happy to see her. Then, they did something that made my heart stopped.

 

 

 

 

They kissed.

 

 

 

I was so dumbfounded I didn't know how to respond to it. How did this story escalated that quickly!? It doesn't even make senses!  I shouted in my mind. I feel hurt, betrayed, anger, sad and then I start to laugh. I quickly turn my heel and walked to the toilet instead. I was still laughing when I arrived and I wipe the tears of laughter away. 
 

How classic, of course there would be a girl. Of course! 
 

Just like the same old cliche story, when you realised you might have a bit of chance with your long time crush, they decided to crushed it and throw it at your face.
 

And he did it right after he practically molested me.
 

HE ING STOLE MY FIRST KISS!
 

 

 

 

Okay, I lied. It's not my first kiss. But still, it's my first kiss with him!
 

"Well, at least that explained why he look so flustered when I asked why he kissed me the other day. How could he answer it anyway?." I said, smiling to myself. 
 

I looked at the mirror and frowned when I saw a tear rolled down on my cheek. "What the-." I stated, wiping the tear away.

"Why am I crying? I wasn't supposed to. We're not an item anyway. I haven't even confess to him properly. I shouldn't c-cry." As soon as I finished, I start crying harder. What's wrong with me?

I guess the fact that he just kissed me, give me a false hope and crushed it make it hurt a lot more.

 

 

"YOUNGJAE!!."

"WARGHHHH!!." I screamed. Of course, someone just had to ruin the sentimental moment!

I quickly wipe the tears away and wash my face with water. I rub on my face harshly until it turned red and I stopped, turning my head around to see whoever that 'politely' interrupted my moment. I frown when I saw who it was.
 

"What the hell dude!? You nearly gave me heart attack!." I confidently said, erasing all the hint that I had been crying earlier.
 

The dude made a 'tsk' sound and walk towards me.
 

"Why aren't you in class right now? And why are you washing your face like that?."

"Because I'm in the toilet right now, and I just feel like washing my face like that."

He facepalmed. "It was in times like this that I couldn't understand how you manage to be the top students in our school."

"Yeah, I'm a ing genius, aren't I?."

"Whatev~ Now, let's get to the point. Why aren't you responding to my text yesterday? I was waiting for you to come over my house for hours!! How dare you make Kim HimChan wait!." 

"You came barging in and shouted my name in the toilet just to ask me that? How the did you know I'm in the toilet anyway?."

"JUST ANSWER ME!."

I sigh. "Do I really need a reason for ignoring you?."

"YES!."

"I was in the middle of something okay! Why are you so worked up over this?."

"What are you in the middle of that was so important than me?." HimChan squinted his eyes, studying my expression carefully.

I rolled my eyes. "In the middle of something that much much much more important than YOU of course." I retort.

HimChan didn't get affected by my words at all. He continued staring at my face when suddenly his expression turned into a smug one.

"What's with the smug face?." I asked, frowning.

He smirk grew even wider.

"Err. . .HimChan?."

"You're with DaeHyun, aren't you.

It was like I've been slapped by a polar bear the second I heard that name.

". . .So?." I shifted uncomfortably.

"Of course, what else could it be." He said, talking to himself.

"What are you on about now?."

"Hmm, I am curious about one thing YoungJae."

I raise an eyebrow. "What?."

"You know, even if you're with him, you never ignore me. NEVER. Even if you couldn't come to my house or something you would always inform me about it. Be it in a text or a phone call. But yesterday, I haven't heard anything from you, until today."

I gulped. I don't like where this conversation was going.

"Soooo, your point is?."

"Did something happened?."

I stuttered. "W-what do you mean?,"

"Hah! You stuttered! What is it you haven't tell me, Jae? Wait, let me guess. Hmm, oh oh! Did you finally confess to him?!."

I quickly shut his mouth with my palm and push him against the wall. I looked around the toilet in frantic, only realizing it was just us all this while. I sigh in relief and shoot a glare at HimChan.

"Don't say things like that out loud you idiot!.

"What? Is it true?! OH MY GOSH!."

"Stop it HimChan, seriously!."

"Hey, I'm your hyung. Don't tell me what to do!."

"Yeah right, we're just 9 months apart!."

"I'm still older!."

"But you doesn't act like one!."

"What the hell!?."

"KIM HIMCHAN! YOO YOUNGJAE! GET TO YOUR CLASS RIGHT NOW!!."

 

 

 

And that was how I got my first detention.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 


I walked lazily towards my brother's school. I was totally not in the mood after what happened today. I just got slapped across my face when my crush is kissing a and to add to my misery, I just got a detention for skipping class. Hell, I don't even realize we have been in the toilet for THAT long! This was all HimChan's fault. I was about to go to class anyway until he appears and bugging me! I should really give him a piece of my mind later. I thought, kicking a particular big peeble out of my way. I slumped my shoulder and walking like I'm half dead. 

 

"Hyung?."

I looked up and saw JunHong, walking slowly towards me with a frown on his face. If it were any other day, I would laugh at him for frowning like that because it doesn't suits a kid his age, but since today is not just any other day. I decided to reply with grunt instead.

"Why are you late? I've been waiting for ages!."

I was going to snort but decide against it. "Don't talk to me. I want to walk home in peace."  I speak harsher that I intended.

JunHong was a bit startled by it. He look at me with a those big eyes and it seems like he was a bit hurt by the tone of my voice. I don't blame him though. This is the fist time I was this moody. I was starting to feel bad because it wasn't JunHong's fault to wonder why I was late. I sigh and turn to look at him.

"Look, I'm sorry I'm late. But please, I'm not in the mood for a conversation right now. You can ask me whatever later, okay?."

JunHong look at me cautiously and nodded. "Okay."

I sigh again and we start walking home, quietly. It was going very smoothly, and I was thankful that this time, my little brother do me a favor by shutting his loud mouth and didn't bugging me like he always did whenever we walk home from school. But of course, in my life, someone just had to ruin the short peaceful moment I had.

 

"Jae! Wait!."

 

And that someone just happens to be the last human being I want to meet at this moment.

 

I groaned in annoyance and pick up my feet. I started walking faster and JunHong get the hint that I don't want to deal with this certain someone right now, so he started to speed up as well.

But I guess that someone has another idea as he caught my wrist and turned me to look at him. Hell, when did he even got this close anyway? He was like 'kilometers' away earlier!

"Whoa, Jae, why the hurry?." He asked, panting slightly.

I glared at him. How can he act like nothing happened? Didn't he remember what I said yesterday? I'd rather he ignore or avoiding me than acting like such thing ever happened. Like he didn't want it to happened.

I felt a pang in my chest.

"Not now, DaeHyun." I said, pulling my hands away from him and grab JunHong's hand, leading him to our house. Not that much farther. I thought. Almost there.

"What? What's wong with you? I haven't seen you all day. And I heard that you and HimChan hyung got a detention. What happened? You never got a detention, Jae. Are you okay? Did someone-."

"SHUT THE UP!." I shouted, burning in rage.

DaeHyun stop in his rant and look at me in disbelief. JunHong just cowered behind me, and he already pulled his hand away from me.

". . .YoungJae?."

"You. .y-you. . Just shut up, okay! I don't want to talk about anything and I don't even know why I'm so angry right now! I'm fine and stop acting like you actually care! I'm sick of it." I was panting the moment I finished. I just screamed the word out and I think I will have a problem talking later.

I couldn't give a damn about anything at the moment and I quickly ran into my house. I throw my school bag as soon as I entered my bedroom and slammed the door shut before locking it. I lay flat on my stomach on my bed and sigh in relief. Finally, in the safety of my room.

I don't how but the next thing I know, I already fallen asleep.
 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

 

I woke up and groaned when I feel the stifness of my body for laying flat on the bed for too long. I slowly get up and stretch myself and heard a crack. Ouch. I massage my stiff shoulder and yawn. I looked at the wall clock and sighed.
 

7:49 PM
 

Great, now I'll never fall back to sleep.
 

I looked down at my body and realised that I still in my school uniform. That, and I haven't take a shower. I get out of my bed and proceed to the bathroom.
 

Once I've done with the showering, I took a random shirt, which happened to be a plain white T-Shirt and a short. I dress myself and walk over to my school bag that I had threw away earlier and place it properly beside my study table. That is when I heard a soft knock on my door.
 

"Hyung?."

I frowned. Why does he sound. .cautious? Then I remembered how I snapped earlier and I sigh. Of course.

I unlocked the door and opened it. "What's wrong?." I asked.

JunHong looked at me and studied my face carefully. When he was satisfied, he released a sigh of relief and asked "Are. .Are you okay?."

I chuckled. "Why do you stuttered? It doesn't really sound like you." I commented, leaving him and walk to my bed.

He followed me into the room and frown cutely.

I sit on my bed and patted the spot next to me. JunHong didn't hesitate and sit beside me.

"What do you want to ask?." I said, reading his mind.

He was silent for a moment before he spoke "Why?." As if that one short, simple question held all the question he wanted to ask. I don't blame him, This is the first time in a long time that I had snapped like that.

I sigh. "It's nothing. I just had a really bad day today."

"Dae Hyung said that you got a detention. Why?."

I cringed when I heard that name, and JunHong was quick to notice it. "I skipped class."

JunHong looked at me, eyes wide. "What? You? Skipped class? That doesn't even sound real!."

I laugh. "Yeah, I know right."

JunHong shook his head, smiling. "I know you're not a nerd or anything but it doesn't sound like you."

"Well." I stated, laying on my bed. JunHong followed my act and lay on my bed as well. "It wasn't really my intention to skipped class. I was just bickering with HimChan in the toilet and we didn't notice that we missed a whole class by then and bam! We got a detention."

JunHong laugh. "I knew HimChan hyung would be involved in this somehow."

I smiled and look at him. JunHong returned the look and smiled at me. 

"You know, it's been a while since we had a nice talk like this. I think you should get mad more often. You always seem nice when you're done being mad."

I felt a pang in my chest when I heard that. I realised that I haven't been a good brother to JunHong and the fact that he was okay with me being mad because he could talk to me like this later made me feel awful. I smiled sadly and brought him to my arms. I hugged him tightly and he quickly returned the gesture.

"I'm sorry I haven't been a good brother to you." I said, softly.

JunHong nuzzled his head into my shoulder. "It's okay. I like it when we would fight over little things. It makes us, . .us. Even if you annoy the hell out of me sometimes, you're still my brother, no matter what."

I felt tears start to gather in my eyes and I hold him tighter. "How did you manage to insult me and make me touched at the same time?."

JunHong chuckled. "You're an emotional freak."

I pushed him slightly and fake a glare at him. "You prick!."

JunHong laugh and smiled softly when he notice the tears in my eyes. He hugged me again before getting up and straighten himself. I looked at him from where I was laying.

"I know there's something that make you THAT mad earlier. I wouldn't ask if you weren't ready to tell me. I'll let it slide this time." He said, patting my thigh.

He started to walk towards the door before he stopped in his track and turned to look at me. "Oh, by the way, dinner's ready."

I watch as JunHong leave my room and closed the door. I sigh and stare at the ceiling. I'm glad I had a brother like him. I mean, of course, he annoys me and was a pain in the but that just what a brother do. They pick on you, throw harsh comment but deep inside, the will be there for you and love you no matter what. I smiled when I thought about all the stupid argument we had and how JunHong would cry everytime I picked on him back when we were younger. This is the first time we have a nice conversation without us getting at each other's throat. I hope this will somehow change our relationship for the better.


Suddenly, a thought came across my mind and I quickly sat up. 


Wait, did he just said 'dinner is ready'?.
 

I look at the door weirdly. JunHong didn't know how to cook, and obviously he won't cook unless his life depends on it. Did he cook for the sake of me? How sweet of him. I thought, grinning happily to myself and I proceed to go down stairs. Then, I halted my step. Or maybe he just ordered some takeout because JunHong? And cooking? No way.'
 

I shrugged and make my way to the kitchen. I can smell something really delicious and it made my stomach grumbled. Wow, that smells amazing. I thought and when I finally arived, I gasped.


There were variety of food on the table and I could feel myself drooling over it. I couldn't take it anymore and I literally jump on the chair and gobbled down the food. 

"Gosh, hyung, where are your manners?." I could hear JunHong snickering somewhere in the kitchen and I don't even lift my head up to look at him.

" manners, I will eat this ing table if I wanted to."

JunHong chuckled and shook his head at my ridiculousness. He took a seat beside me at watch me eat like I have starved for weeks.

"Hyung, slow down. Geesh why are you so disgusting." JunHong grimace as he offered me a drink. I took it without a thought and downed it in one go. I let out a sigh and smiled widely at him.

"This is so delicious, Junnie, Where did you bought this?."

JunHong smacked the back of my head and shot me a disapproving look. "Don't call me that, you idiot."

I rubbed my head and glared at him. "What the hell!? That was totally not necessary!."


So much for a better relationship. 


"I thought you would be nice to me after that talk!." He shouted.

"What!? You're the one who smacked me for no reason!." I retorted.

He pouted. "I hate it when you called me that, and you know that!."

"What? Junnie?." I asked.

He smacked me again. But this time, I wasn't letting him win. I smacked him back, harder.

"OWW!."

"Haha, serves you right, you brat!."

He glared at me but then his expression softened. "Fine, I'm sorry for smacking you but I don't want you to call me that again."

I stop laughing and I was surprised, to say the least. Usually, he would never give up and refuse to let me win but now, he even apologised. Guess he really want to change our relationship after that talk. I could tell that he was trying. I smiled.

"Okay, okay. I promise I wouldn't call you that again. And, sorry for hitting you."

He grinned at me as we did a childish high five to celebrate our first step of being a better brother. Then, I remembered something.

"Where did you get the food? Don't bother lying, I know you can't cook."

He rolled his eyes upon hearing that. "I wasn't even planning to. It was DaeHyun hyung."

 


I froze.
 

 

"D-did you just say. ."

"Yeah, DaeHyun cooked this. I know you're not in the mood to cook today. DaeHyun hyung notice that too, so he offered to make us dinner."

To say that I was shock would be an understatement. I was shocked that he had the nerve to cook for us after I clearly made a statement that I don't want him near me anytime soon. Even though I didn't literally said I don't want to see him, I did snapped at him and I thought that would give him a message to stay away from me. I already consumed that er cooking and I was totally ashamed of myself when I remembered how eagerly I swallow all the food he make for us.

"Don't worry hyung, I've already ate. You don't have to look so guilty and ashamed."

And that made me want to dig a hole and bury myself in there forever. I haven't even thought about JunHong and I finished the whole food in a matter of second! I haven't even asked if he had eaten or not! Oh God, I am such a bad brother.

"Yeah, sure. Sorry 'bout that anyway." I grinned sheepishly at him.

"You are an idiot." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and take the dirty plates away to wash them. I was really trying to get over the fact that I just ate DaeHyun's cooking. And to top it off, I loved the food. I wasn't going to lie, It was pointless. DaeHyun's a good cook and there's no doubt about that. I was still mad at him and that doesn't really help my situation.

There's a soft knock on the door but I'm not quick to notice it. JunHong get up from his seat and walk towards the door.

"Hey hyung!." He greeted, cheerfully.

I stopped my movement, plate and soapy sponge still in my hands. There's only one person that JunHong was always happy to see, Only one.

"Come in, Dae Hyung!."

I groaned and wash the last plate quickly. I wash my hands to get rid of the soap and took a small towel beside the rack. I dried my hands and hang the towel back to it's place before turning around to went upstairs.
 

But just my luck, guess who I bumped into?


"Jae?."

 

Oh look, it's Dylan O'Brien!

 

no. It was ing Jung DaeHyun!
 

"Hey." I stated, simply. I wasn't planning to stand there any longer and I walked past him towards the stairs.

"Hey, YoungJae." He caught my wrist and make turned, facing him.

"I'm not in the mood to talk now, DaeHyun."

He doesn't say anything, instead, he glanced back to the table and smirked. "I see you enjoy the food I made."

I snorted. "Yeah, thanks for the dinner. I totally appreciate it." I said, a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

He frowned. "What's wrong with you, Jae? Did I do something wrong? Why are you mad at me?."

I didn't answer him. I didn't need to, because JunHong shouted from the living room.

"Hyung, come on! I've found the movie!."

"He's calling for you." I said, and walked up the stairs. But halfway through, I heard JunHong called for me.

"You don't want to join, Jae hyung? It's our movie night."

I smacked my forehead. How could I forget that? Friday is our movie night since we didn't have school the next day. That's why that idiot is here!

"Not tonight. You two can watch it. I'll skipped."

 

 

With that, I walked into my room and locked the door

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

They're all the same age in this story. Excluding JunHong, of course .About HimChan being older than YoungJae by 9 months, I made that up obviously. So, my opinion about this chapter? Mehh, not the best. I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense and if it escalated really quickly. I do realised that but I'm a lazy so I didn't really think much when I wrote that. I deeply apologise for it. 
 
A very very big thanks from me to the subscribers! And even the upvotes! Really, where did that come from? Anyway, I hope there's more comment. I'm not gonna force you to comment or anything, don't worry. I just hope there's more, that's all.
 
'Till then. 
 
Sincerely,
-Belle