Chapter 02

9095

A pleasant smell which was coming from the kitchen woke Hee up. She got up and went to the kitchen. Jaejoong was busy with arranging the table that he didn't see her coming in.

'Good morning, Jae'.

'Oh, you're up'. He wiped his hands with his apron.

Hee hugged him and gave him a peck on the cheek. 'Thank you'.

'You looked really tired so I decided to make breakfast instead of you. Now, let's eat!'

They were quietly eating when Jaejoong asked: 'What happened last night when you met Yoochun? You didn't want to talk about it last night. Did he say something bad? Did he tried to hurt you?

Hee was just quietly eating. 'Heeya, answer me!', Jaejoong demanded.

'He wants to take Minwoo away from us', she said.

'What?!' he bursted as he got up. 'He left Minwoo before he was even born, and now he wants to take him! I swear I'll...'

'Jaejoong, stop! He can't harm us. If he tries to do something bad, we'll stop him. He is rich and influential, but so we are. Calm down.' Hee pleaded him to calm down.

He sat down, his cheast moving fast. 'Let's finish the breakfast first. We'll talk about that later', Hee said.

Two hours later

'Mum, I arrived!' Minwoo shouted when he saw his mother waiting for him at the airport. He ran to her and hugged her.

'My Minwoo is finally home. Did you have fun in Japan with your uncle Changmin?'

'I had fun, but not as much as uncle promised. He was chasing after girls all the time and all I did was just following him', the boy said. Hee eyed at her younger brother, who was glaring at the kid.

Hee  hugged Changmin.'You have plenty of girls here in Korea. What, you are expanding your teritory to Japan now?' she said jokingly.

'I-I..', he stuttered. 'Minwoo is lying! I didn't...' Hee just smiled, while Changmin continued to justify himself all the way home.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

'They cancelled the deal?! What are you talking about?!' Jaejoong shouted on the phone. 'They can't do that! I've already sent the machines to the construction site! We are supposed to start building today!'

'Mr.Kim, I'm at the site now. Our machines are already here, but the guards are not allowing us to start building. They say that the contract is cancelled', the voice from the other side of the line answered.

'If it's cancelled then why nobody informed me about that? Thank you, Mr.Hong. You can come back to your office.'

'I'm so going to sue them', he said. Jaejoong checked his email and saw a new one. It came from LHP Corp. He opened the mail and slowly read it. After reading it, he grabbed his phone.

'LHP Corp. Office of president Lee Youngjin, how can I help you?' a secretary answered.

'My name is Kim Jaejoong, president of KCC. May I speak to Mr. Lee Youngjin?'

'I'll redirect you to president Lee in a moment.'

'Thank you.'

Jaejoong's feet were nervously tapping.

'Mr.Kim?' 

'President Lee. I called you to express my deep disappointment in your company. We signed a contract in which we agreed that my company will build one of your new business centres here in Seoul. I was informed by my employees that our deal has been cancelled. You cancelled it without contacting me. I'm afraid that I will have to sue LHP Corp.'

'Mr.Kim, I know I am not supposed to tell this and I know that you will not believe me, but I am really sorry for what happened. I did not have another choice. I am sure you will find another company to work with. I am sorry.' President Lee ended the call.

Jaejoong was sitting in his chair, completely stoned.

'Jae, I'm here', Hee waved in front of his eyes. Jaejoong blinked a few times.

'Sorry, I didn't see you coming in', he said absently.

'What's wrong with you?' she asked, noticing that Jaejoong wasn't his old self.

'LHP cancelled our contract', he said calmly.

'What?!How is that possible?'Hee was shocked.

'My reaction was just like yours. I just called Mr.Lee and he confirmed. We will lose a lot of money, Heeya. But something strange happened. He apologized for the cancellation of the deal and he said that he had no choice.'

Hee suddenly remembered Yoochun's words. 'There will be problems',he said.'The company is called LHP. L represents the Lees, those who run the company's domestic branch. H are the Hongs, who run the overseas branch.'

Jaejoong looked at her, not really getting the point. 'And P stands for Parks, the main shareholders',Hee continued. 'Parks own most of the company. Park Hyunjun, to be precise. And he is Yoochun's uncle.'

Jaejoong frowned and stormed out of the office. Hee ran after him. Jaejoong was making his way to the elevator. Hee could barely keep up with him because he was walking really fast.

'What are you going to do, Jae?'

'Nothing. I'll just kill the bastard and make everyone happy', he said.

'Stop!' Hee said. Jaejoong stopped. 'We will find a way to stop him. Now, let's go home. It's getting late and Minwoo and Changmin are waiting for us.'

Jaejoong sighed deeply. 'OK'. He put his hand on her waisz and pulled her close to him. She was startled.

'What are you doing??? And we're at work!'

'I miss you', he smirked.