Of Fairies and Men

Treasure

    A young prince strolled in the forest one day, getting lost as he explored until it was dark and he was scared by the eerie dark nature around him, the shadows the branches of the trees created, the strange sounds from every side. He darted his head to the direction of a soft rustle holding in his breath until another young boy, with beautiful colourful wings appeared before the prince, tilting his head in wonder for that weird wingless creature.
    "Where are your wings?" The beautiful boy asked, flying around the other boy in wonder. 
    "I don't have wings...why do you?"
    "I'm a fairy, of course I'd have wings silly!" The fairy giggled, standing in front of the human boy.
    "A fairy? This is why you're so beautiful?"
    The fairy giggled again, poking the boy's nose. 
    "And what are you?"
    "A human. I'm prince Ellison." 
    Kiseop tilted his head to the side, lips forming into a pout. 
    "My parents told me to stay away from humans....but you seem harmless."
    "Why would you stay away from humans?" 
    "Mom says they will cage us and torture us if they find us..." 
    The Prince's eyes flew wide open, little mouth gasping. 
    "I would never do that to you!" He stated, puffing out his chest. 
    "Do you promise?"
    "In my honour!" 
    The fairy took a while to think about it before flashing a warm, bright smile. 
    "Then do you want to be friends with me?" 
    The little prince nodded shyly, giving a smile of his own.
    And thus years passed with the two of them spending almost every evening together, laughing and playing in the woods, but it became more and more difficult for the young prince to sneak out as the years passed and his schedule pressed his time.
    Sometimes he'd sneak out after the sun had set just to steal those few hours in the company of his dear friend and, just like the seasons that changed, the boys' feelings changed as well with every passing day.
    "Kiseop?" The prince called out in a hushed whisper as he stepped foot on their favourite clearing. "Kiseop?" Silence. "He didn't come tonight? How surprising..." Ellison murmured in disappointment, ready to turn around and make his way back, shoulders sagged as he stared at the beautiful night scenery. 
    "Booh!" He heard suddenly behind him just a moment before he felt a body collide with his back, causing him to fall face first on the grass. 
    With a growl, the prince sat on his knees, quick after years of training to change their positions and hover over his attacker. 
    "Did you really think I wouldn't come?" The young man underneath the prince smiled, the moonlight that fell on his pretty face gave him an extraterrestrial feeling, his light brown hair surrounding his face like a dark halo.
    Silly thing, Ellison thought giving up and leaning down to connect his lips with the fairy's.
    When they pulled apart they both looked amazed at each other. 
    "Eli, why did you do that?" Kiseop asked, surprise vivid on his face.
    "I...wanted to. You didn't like it?" 
    "No, I...I did like it...just...fairies only do that with the person they love..." Kiseop explained, voice small, shy. "Does this mean you love me?" 
    Eli bit his lip, already wanting to taste his fairy again.
    "Yes, I do...what about you?" 
    There was no answer, only a smile and actions that spoke louder than words; Kiseop wrapped his arms around the prince's neck, pulling him down to connect their lips again, both smiling over each other's lips.