Chapter Four: The Puzzle's been Solved

Painting your life Red.

 

Gikwang, Joon and Youngmi waited patiently in the little room where they could watch interrogations. The police force was bringing in the suspect in questioning, or really the Lady Killer since it was inevitable that he was the Lady Killer. The three heard the door open and watched as a man in his late forties entered the room. He wore loose fitted clothing, didn’t look too wealthy and looked as if he hadn’t bathed for a while. Siwon gestured for him to take a seat before turning to face the window where he couldn’t see them, but they could see him.

Siwon left the interrogation area to enter the viewing area.

“Gikwang, this one’s yours.” He said grimly. “And Lee, you’re off the hook. Your chief over in Busan called. He said he sent agent Lee J. Youngmi, that cousin of yours, Cheolyong, ed up again.” Youngmi apologized quietly, it wasn’t her fault Mir was a bit messy with work.

“What’s the occasion?” Gikwang asked, genuinely curious.

“His name is Lee Taehyun. We have confirmed that he is your father.” Siwon explained gravely. “We felt that maybe it’d be better for you to take this one, figure things out that you never got to know.”

Gikwang was speechless, unsure of how to react to the sudden news. “Are you sure, a hundred percent sure?”

“We got Key and Min to run a background check on your mother, it was too strange that she deviated from the killer’s usual M.O.” Siwon continued. “Marriage records show that he is definitely your mother’s husband and we ran a DNA test, AJ, he’s your father.”

Gikwang left the room silently, still questioning the truth that had been handed to him. He peeked his head into the interrogation room before taking a seat in the empty seat across the table from the suspect.

“Are you…are you my son?” Taehyun asked weakly.

Gikwang took a deep breath before responding to the man. “No, I never met my father.”

“Please, Gikwang-ah, I am you father.” He insisted. “Don’t try to deny it. Do you know how much I have longed to meet you?”

“I remember at some point in my life, I wanted to meet you too, but then my mother died and I realized that I only needed her as a parent.” Gikwang said coldly.

Taehyun looked genuinely hurt which pissed Gikwang off. What right did he have to feel hurt after he murdered his precious mother? What right did he have to feel hurt when it was no one’s fault but his own?

“Please, Gikwang I really lov –” he started.

“No you didn’t!” Gikwang yelled, slamming his hands onto the metal table. “If you loved her, you wouldn’t have killed her.”

“The police, they wouldn’t let me see you or your mother!” Taehyun said hysterically. “I just wanted to be with her and raise my son.” Gikwang remained silent.

“So why’d you kill her?” Gikwang asked quietly.

“She was cheating on me, Gikwang-ah!” he exclaimed. “I kept seeing her with different men, and every time I killed her she’d keep coming back from the dead, and there she was with another man!”

“Taehyun-ssi, those women weren’t mother.” Gikwang’s voice was starting to shake.

“I realized after a while that they weren’t your mother only after I was given the medication I’ve been taking. Please, just call me dad once and I’ll be able to live happily.” Taehyun pleaded.

“Why would you kill my mother?” Gikwang asked holding back his tears. “Why would you kill her if you claim to love her so much?”

“After so many years with her she was cheating on me!” he yelled.

“You guys were divorced, she never cheated on you!” Gikwang argued.

“We weren’t! The police just wouldn’t let us be together.” Taehyun explained. “I watched her from afar, when she took you to your sports practices as a kid, when she went out with that scum, when she took you out for strolls in the park, and even when you two had dinner.”

Gikwang’s face showed pure terror after hearing this. This man had stalked their every move. He regained his composure and threw out the question everyone was waiting for. “Why did you start killing again?”

Taehyun was taken aback. “I haven’t killed for a decade. I can confess to killing all those other , but I haven’t killed since your mother.”

“That’s a lie!” Gikwang yelled as he shoved his chair aside and grabbed him by his collar. “You murdered those innocent women, and then you murdered my mother. The M.O. matches. It was you!”

“Gikwang-ah, those women were anything but innocent. You call going around behind their husbands’ backs to another man innocent? You’ve been protecting the wrong people then.” Taehyun said calmly.

“Don’t address me as if we have a relationship.” Gikwang spat. He threw Taehyun to the ground and hit the buzzer so that he’d be let out. But not before turning around and saying, “They are more innocent than you’ll ever be. You scum. Don’t ever catagorize my mother with those who you killed because you are psychotic. It doesn’t matter if you confess to killing those girls recently, but those women who you killed before will be enough to put you away.”

“I swear on my life that I haven’t killed since your mother!” he yelled after Gikwang who was frozen at the entrance. “I just wanted to chat with you and get to know my son!”

“I’ll never be your son, you murderer. You’ll be sentenced to death row and I’ll be sure to watch as they electrocute you. You can swear on your life all you want, there’s not much left of it anyways.” Not once had he turned to face Taehyun as he left.

Youngmi observed the interrogation carefully and couldn’t help but have a feeling that maybe Taehyun was being honest. Gikwang entered and grabbed his leather jacket off of a chair. Youngmi reached a hand to his shoulder but he shrugged it off. A frown formed on Youngmi’s lips. It wasn’t a good idea to bring it up to him – this theory of hers.

But there was one person she could talk about this with…


 

I haven't updated this in ages, but I had suddenly felt like updating it so here it is! The story hasn't ended just yet so stay tuned!

Comments are always appreciated. Motivates me actually so please do comment!

I have decided to unmark it M and only mark chapters M. There won't really be any or anything like that, more just violence and language.

So now you know who the Lady Killer from ten years ago is. But has he really started killing again?

Next Chapter: Chapter Five: Another case put away