Day 5.

Heungtan .....dan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was to be expected: things can't stay a secret for long. Not when everyone is so close and moreover, nosy.

What wasn't expected though, was who would be the one to be involved. Contrary to suspision, it wasn't Hoseok, who shared a room with Jimin and Taehyung. It also wasn't Jeongguk, who is more than often seen around the two.

The chances of it being a different member is about equally small for each name, which actually has no value as one of those people turns out to be the next one to know.

Not that any of it matters. Of all people, Jimin wouldn't have it be someone else. After all, Yoongi has his own secrets too.

 

"Hey," a voice softly calls out from the bed room door. The greeting sounds a bit like a grunt, and even though Jimin isn't fully awake in the moment, they can distinguish voices of other members at any time.

"Yoongi-hyung?", Jimin whispers, putting down their phone and pushing themself up to take a look at the guest. They can make out the little nod from the smaller person, who shuts the door and out of habit starts to climb up the bunk bed. Jimin would warn him to watch out not to make the ladder squeek too much and wake up the others, but at this distance it'd only mean talking loudly. So they wait for a bit, until Yoongi crawls under the duvet and lies close enough to be spoken to comfortably.

It's a bit uncomfortable with the phone still in hand, but Jimin can't just lay in by their side and fall asleep like this when there's suddenly less space. "What were you doing on your phone so late?", Yoongi asks, lifting his head a bit, when he notices the other is still obviously struggling with where to put the item they're holding. This caughts Jimin off-guard, more than they would like to show. "Ah, this, I..." You can't just admit you were reading up on different experiences of gender, right? Probably not. No, definitely not. "I couldn't sleep," they decide to answer, which is true also.

The answer suffices from what it seems, as Yoongi nods minimally again - whispering a soft "me too" - and rests his head on Jimin's chest. Not back on the other side of the pillow. Oh. Would he hear or feel their rapid heartbeating? Would he find out Jimin is holding something back?

Who truly knows but Yoongi himself? 

"Seriously, when are you gonna wear something more to bed," Yoongi jokingly comments on the attire that is nothing but boxer shorts, and Jimin giggles along. They can't think of a good comeback. Without realising it, their free hand is running through the locks in the hair of the elder, who on his part is slowly moving his hand up Jimin's stomach, to eventually let it rest there, palm held flat and facing down. This is comfortable. I like this, Jimin thinks.

Before they know it, those words travel beyond their lips, float in the air and leave Yoongi with new thoughts.

"Are you really that comfortable around me?", Yoongi asks, perhaps not too seriously, with a cheeky grin on his face that the other can't fully see in the late night, but also with a snort that Jimin can hear.

The question halts Jimin in the middle of wherever they were, drops them off at the point where they started. Back at square one. Is Jimin really that comfortable around him? Can they share as much with the other as they'd like to? Pretend to? 

"Jiminie?" Yoongi can probably feel the chest underneath him rise more than before, lungs trying to take in more air, to calm down, to send some oxygen to this body that's running short of it fast.

The screen of the singer's phone screen is dark, but the little lamp at the upper right corner of the device is still fading from on to off and back. It makes Jimin think of what they read on the phone, and they wonder if they should leave it only there; in text, as thoughts. But then again... it's probably best to not be so mysterious to Yoongi. Jimin already knows some things about him, so it's only fair to have it go both ways right?

"Hey, Ji-"

"Hyung, you know what it's like to keep secrets, right? Uhm."

There's no answer to that spoken out, but Jimin knows anyway. They continue: "And secrets... I think- I'm not sure if I can be comfortable confessing them to you."

A small gasp, or maybe just an inhale, is heard from above their chest before they feel a puff of breath on their skin. From what they can feel, Yoongi raises his head from the chest again. "Do you think you could try?"

Jimin gulps at that. Can they? 'Maybe' is what they want to answer, but before they have sorted it out, they've already left Yoongi with a "yeah..." No turning back now. They bite their lip, holding any wrong words in for a little longer.

"Okay, so I've thought about this last week, and maybe before that too- and I've even consulted Taehyung-ah for help, and the internet, but even without that I'm sure of it, you know? And, and, and. Do you still follow me?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter