CH.2

Young Jae's World

      Young Jae felt sore all over, and found himself laying on the cold ground of a... mansion? All that Young Jae could remember was being pulled into the painting, and the moving boy... Mark. Mark had pulled him in! But he was no where to be found. The mansion was cold, dark, and creepy, as Young Jae walked around, observing his surroundings. What had happened to his parents? Why was everything so dark in the museum after he had witnessed Mark escaping from his canvas? Young Jae heard footsteps behind him, and he turned his head, to see nothing. He then turned back around, and jumped when he saw someone standing in front of him. The boy wasn't Mark. The tall, gangly teenager had blue hair, that was shaved on the sides, and he walked around Young Jae, as if inspecting every inch of him that he could see. He stood out to Young Jae, because he was almost as beautiful as Mark. Young Jae scrambled away, and the boy smiled, shaking his head.

      "You're not a painting, are you?" Young Jae froze at the boy's words. The boy wasn't human?

      "Well, aren't you a human?" The boy laughed quietly, shaking his head again.

      "I'm not human. I'm a painting, one of Park Jin Young's pieces of art. And may I be corect if I say that you're a human?" Young Jae felt a ball of fear grow bigger in his throat, as he opened his mouth, not being able to make any noise. 

       "You're a painting? How are you a painting? Are you like Mark?" The boy's eyes widened at the mention of Mark's name.

      "You know Mark? How?" The voice didn't sound like the boy's, as another taller teenager stepped out from the shadows of the hallway, as if he were listening to the whole conversation.

      "He... he pulled me in!" The taller teenager's face grew serious, as he crosses his arms.

      "Mark would never do that." Young Jae grew nervous, for fear that they would think he was lying. Another voice rang out from behind Young Jae. Young Jae quickly turned around, and saw Mark standing right behind him. If he had taken a baby step back, his back would have been touching Mark's. 

      "Bam Bam! Yugyeom! I did pull him into the painting." Yugyeom's eyebrows furrowed even more, as he took a step back, pulling Bam Bam with him. Bam Bam looked willing to run away any second, now.

      "Just because I'm not here, doesn't mean that you have any right to speak in my defense." Yugyeeom and Bam Bam nodded quickly, and ran off down the hallway. Young Jae was in a daze as Mark turned him around swiftly, inspecting him. After he studied Young Jae's face for a while, Mark gave the latter a  small, but breath-taking smile. Young Jae gave him a small one in return, and Mark stepped back.

      "So, what's your name?" 

      "Young Jae. Choi Young Jae." Mark smiled, and held out his hand.

      "Hi, Choi Young Jae. I'm Mark." Young Jae laughed.

      "I realized. It's your label." Mark awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, and chuckled quietly.

      "So... what's your last name?" Mark looked up abruptly, and his cheeks were dusted pink as he looked away.

      "I don't know what my last name is..." Young Jae nodded in thought. They stood there for a while, and started to move, when Young Jae started heading down one hallway. He looked at the paintings on the walls, still a little creeped about how they moved freely. He saw in a larger painting, where Bam Bam and Yugyeom were halfway through the frame, their legs wiggling and kicking around, as Yugyeom tried his best to climb in, and Bam Bam was calling out for help to another beautifully painted boy who was sighing as he rushed to pull him in. Once they got in, The two teenagers gave awkward smiled and waved to Young Jae and Mark, who had been watching the whole entire time with weirded out faces. 

      "Do they always do that?" Mark laughed.

      "Yeah, but that's just their way of getting back into their portraits. My way is easier, but it can attract a lot more attention than needed." Young Jae nodded.

      "So, do you just rip open random canvases and climb out of them?" Mark choked a little at Young Jae's bluntness, and the latter quickly moved to pat him on the back. After a while, Mark smiled up at Young Jae, who smiled back, and kept on moving through the long hallway. 

      "Remember when you were in the gallery by yourself? And you saw me disappear from my canvas?" Young Jae nodded slowly.

      "Well, the things is, paintings can automatically teleport to this mural that we're currently standing in, and that's just the quickest way that I can get here. i was hoping you wouldn't notice." Young Jae chuckled, and kept moving, watching as paintings kept moving. They walked in silence for a while, staying next to each other, comfortable staying quiet. Young Jae and Mark finally reached the end of the hallway, and that was when Young Jae turned around to face Mark, when he realized that Mark wasn't there anymore. He grew frantic, and panicked when the already dim hallway started to grow darker. Young Jae was finally shrouded in darkness, when he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. He was about to scream, when a hand covered his mouth tightly, but not roughly.

      "Stay quiet. This always happens. Just calm yourself!" Young Jae nodded, and they waited. After a while, the lights finally turned back on, causing Young Jae to blink and squint his eyes. After he grew accustomed to the light, Young Jae turned to find another beautiful boy standing behind him. The boy smiled softly at him.

       "Hey, Young Jae." Young Jae recognized him as the boy who helped Bam Bam into the painting. 

       "Wait, I know you! You were the boy that Mark pulled in!" Young Jae blinked rapidly.

       "You're human, aren't you? So you're clearly not used to the lights yet, then." The boy hung up his glowing lantern one of the railings that stuck out between the paintings. He held out his hand, and smiled at Young Jae.

      "Hi! I'm  Park Jin Young, but you can call be Jr!" Young Jae stiffened at the name. Jin Young?!

      "Wait... you're Jin Young?" The boy nodded slowly.

      "Oh my gosh! You're my idol! I've always loved your art, even when I was a little kid, and-" Young Jae was shut up once again, when Jr covered his mouth.

      "I'm not the Jin Young. We just have the same name. You'll be able to meet him later, anyways." Young Jae was about to ask Jr something, when suddenly, the boy just... disappeared. Before he did so, Jr looked as surprised as Young Jae did, and reached out for him, but was dissapated in half a second. The lights started to dim again, and Young Jae stuck to the lantern. Later, the only source of light was the lantern. Young Jae waited for the lights to turn back on, but there was nothing. Suddenly, he heard heavy breathing behind him. He was punched in the side of the head, and as he lay on the ground, drifting in and out of consciousness, he heard dark, deep laughter surrounding him, before his eyes finally closed shut.