CH.1

Young Jae's World

      It was Choi Young Jae's sixteenth birthday. Since Young Jae was never the kind of person to ask for a lot, he merely asked to visit the world's most famous art museum, the Park Jin Young Exhibit. Not a lot of people really were able to appreciate his art, so the museum, although it was famous, didn't cost too much to get in, because of the lack of customers. Young Jae sat in the back of his parents' car, fiddling with the hem of his fitted button shirt, along with his tailored skinny jeans. His father had insisted on getting his royal tailor to fit all of Young Jae's clothing, although they were only going to a museum. He watched as multicoloured trees whizzed past his parent's large car, creating a blur of mixed warm colors. Young Jae smiled a little, and picked a little at the leather car seat. His parents were talking quietly to each other about financial advice, and banking, so Young Jae decided not to tune in to his parents' silly conversation. He never had a penchant for money, or anything of the sort, anyways. He kept watching as the trees' colors got darker the farther they drove. Bright orange leaves turned to a deeper, darker orange that was much more attractive, to Young Jae's perspective. He really was excited to be able to go the the Park Jin Young Exhibit, as it had been his dream to become an artist. Young Jae felt the car slow down, and watched as his father parked smoothly into a small parking space. They were here! 

       "Young Jae! Are you excited for the exhibit?" Young Jae nodded quietly, and walked towards the medium sized building, eager to see the interior of the modern building. Young Jae watched in delight as the glass doors automatically slid open for him, and he stepped through eagerly, entering a clean, calm, and quiet room with white walls and marble floors. The speakers played soft music, and Young Jae's footsteps echoed quietly as he stepped timidly, spinning around as he took in his surroundings. There were few people walking around the museum. Perfect. Young Jae could spend his precious birthday trip in peace and quiet. His parents caught up to him, and they walked together to the front desk, where the receptionist was signing papers quietly while supervising the viewers. Long, narrow hallways led to other rooms in the exhibit. Young Jae's mom walked up to the receptionist, and asked for three tickets. Young Jae waited patiently for the piece of paper that would be able to grant him permissiom into the room of his idol's artwork. Young Jae grinned shyly as his ticket was handed to him. His mom took a phamplet from the clear case on the desk, and started to head one way, where the room had more paintings, but Young Jae started to head the other way, where the narrow hallway led to another room. 

       "You wanna go into the other room, Young Jae? You can go, but just don't disturb other viewers, and don't run around, alright?" Young Jae nodded, and walked off quickly, taking in the room he had just walked into. All of the painting were beautiful, with colors used in a way that no other artist could ever accomplish successfully. His footsteps started to echo more loudly as there were much less people now. Young Jae didn't pay attention to the isolation of viewers, and looked at all of the paintings in awe. He saw a certain painting that was different from the rest. He walked up to the painting, and examined it. The beautifully drawn boy had red hair that looked soft, even though it was only a painting. His skin was pale, and glowed in a way that if you touched it, it would feel warm. His eyes were the beautiful of them all. His eyes, unlike most humans, were painted a bright golden color with hints of warm brown that could attract passerby in seconds, and intimidate them at the same time. Young Jae looked at the label for the painting. Mark. Young Jae couldn't take his eyes off of the painting, for fear that if he did look away, the painting would be lost forever. He looked into the eyes of the boy again, and saw warmth and love come from them, as if all of the feelings were meant just for him. The boy's thin lips were curled into a slight smile that made Young Jae jealous. Young Jae finally tore his eyes away from the painting, and looked at another painting, that had roses painted all over the canvas. The roses were painted so realistically that if Young Jae reached his hand out to touch the petals, he would touch real, soft rose petals. Young Jae jolted up as the lights flickered. He waited for a while, and nothing happened. Young Jae looked back to the painting of the boy, and his eyes widened. The painting had changed. Now, the painting of the boy was closer to his face, and the boy was staring earnestly at Young Jae. His eyes had hope in them, and seemed to flicker with sadness at the same time, as if the boy were sad that he couldn't be with Young Jae. Young Jae couldn't take the sadness, and forced himself to look away again. Young Jae almost screamed as he heard a ripping noise echo around the room. He looked back to the boy's painting, and almost fainted. The painting's canvas was ripped open, blank, and the boy was gone. As if he were never painted in the first place. Young Jae realized that the soft music had finally stopped playing, and he felt scared, now. He ran quickly through the hallways, back to the main room, where he had first entered. The lobby was almost completely dark, now. No people were wandering around, not even the receptionist. The screen where the receptionist had been supervising viewers was completely pitch black, and Young Jae grew more frightened. His parents were no where to be seen.

      "Mom? Dad? Where are you guys?"The room went pitch black, and before Young Jae could even scream, he fainted. Some time later, Young Jae woke up, and found himself in a brightly lit room, where there was one, single huge painting that took up the whole room, almost as if it were a mural. He read the label. Park Jin Young's World. He didn't understand the meaning of the title, and what was supposed to be in the picture. But he froze once he saw the middle of the painting. In the midst of all of the colors, and swirls, and paint madness, Young Jae saw the boy holding out a hand to him, his eyes filled with reassurance, and he looked as if he were trying to get him to hold his hand. Unlike every other single piece of artwork in the exhibit, this mural, although it seemed as if it were the precious piece of artwork of them all, didn't have a thick rope sealing off the art, with a warnig sign. Young Jae held out a finger, and poked the middle of the painting, and his eyes widened. Where he touched the painting, the boy's head was painted there. The boy actually visibly moved away, and pouted playfully, using one hand to fix his now messy hair, and his other hand to quickly shake a finger at Young Jae. Young Jae smiled apologetically, and reached his hand out tentatively. The boy's face became excited, and he held out his hand eagerly. Young Jae reached in, expecting a tiny hand to try to pull him in, but instead, a strong warm hand, bigger than his, pulled him completely through the painting. Then, all you could hear outside of the mural, in the room, was silence. All the rooms lit up again, but the large clock in the lobby stopped ticking.