Chapter 03

A Wolf's Heart

The very next morning, Hyun Jung's arm started healing after the night Luhan accidently injured her. Luhan takes off the unclean cloth to replace it with a clean cloth, the scratches were getting smaller, but they were still serious. "Ow..that hurts." she replied. "Don't worry, your wound is going to heal soon." Luhan explains, wrapping another layer on her arm. "I think two layers is good enough," Hyun Jung replies, "Three layers is too much already." Luhan nods at Hyun Jung, he places the white cloth inside the closet then leaves the room. 'I wonder,' she thought, 'Why did he scratch me last night?' She looks at a writing that hanged up on the wall, it was written my a young girl.

I realized men are not good creatures, mostly the ones that are clans. How can they love a human being when they follow an animal's footprints? Why...why must men be so selfish to others? They are flood water and predators, why must I suffer like this? Why must I be hurt by this man, how can I remove him from my life? Men cannot be loved by anyone, they are too selfish to other women out there!

我意识到男人都不是好动物,大多是那些有家族。他们怎么能爱一个人时,他们跟着动物的足迹?为什么...为什么一定要男人这么自私的人?他们是洪水和食肉动物,为什么我必须忍受这样?为什么必须由我这个人受到伤害,如何从我的生活中删除他吗?男人不能被任何人所爱,他们太自私到其他女人那里!

"Men aren't that selfish," she whispers, "Are they really like flood waters and predators?" On the desk, Hyun Jung looked at the paper, "Now what does this say?" she asks, examining the paper.

How can Li Mei Feng do this to me! Why must she be selfish to me and the others?! I loved her with my heart and yet she never accepted my love to her. Now she's saying that men or selfish creatures? Plus she's saying that I'm flood waters and predators? Sometimes people are like this in the world, she doesn't understand anything. I must find another that can resembles my Li Mei Feng, I still love her no matter what. I will never give up on my Li Mei Feng! I will name my other one Xiao Mei Feng.

如何李梅锋这样对我!为什么要她是自私的,我和其他人?我爱她,我的心脏,但她从来没有接受我的爱给她。现在,她说,男人还是自私的动物?再加上她说,我是洪水和大鳄?人有时候是这样的,在世界上,她不明白什么。我必须找到另一个可以类似于我李梅枫,我依然爱她不管。我永远不会放弃我的李梅风!我将我的名字另一个小眉峰。

"Is...this why he named me this?" she asks, touching the paper. Luhan enters the room, he quickly grabs the paper and tears the paper into small pieces. "Mei Feng, why are you reading my notes?" Luhan asks. Hyun Jung hesitates to answer his question, she runs out of the bedroom to someplace else. 'Run, Hyun Jung, run,' she thought, 'I'm just going to live in my own place where I am alone!' Hyun Jung reaches a mountain, she decided to go down the mountain to settle there for now. She carved some words if Luhan ever finds her in the future, she also carved some words on a rock that was on top of the mountain. Once she got to the bottom of the mountain, there was an abandoned house with green leaves on the walls of the house. "At least there's windows." she replies. 

Luhan sits on the bed, having tears come down from his eyes. "Prince, why are you upset?" the servant asks. "Leave me alone," he replies, "I'm going to find my Xiao Mei Feng!" Luhan bursts out the door with lots of speed, he runs to the woods and there was no sign of her anywhere. "Where can she be?" he asks, "Could it be that she's living with her Aunt and her cousin again?" Hyun Jung was making a bed out of yellow and green bamboo, she had to make a blanket and a pillow for her bed. "I've rather live alone instead of living under someone's roof." Hyun Jung replied, sewing her pillow. After her pillow was done, Hyun Jung places her last pillow in place, she starts thinking about Luhan. 'I wonder how he felt when I left him,' she thought, 'I guess he felt pretty sad about that.' Hyun Jung shakes her head, she goes to the table where she can write her thoughts on paper. 

My dearest Luhan, 

I don't know why I read the paper on your table, I didn't mean to read something like that. And, I didn't mean to read sister Li Mei Feng's writing that was on the wall. It's not your fault, but it's mine, I should not have read the paper that was on the wall. I know how you feel about sister Li. I'll give you a hint, if you see a rock with carvings and some snapdragon flowers around the rock, I'll be near a frozen lake with lily flowers around me. I want to ask you, do I look like sister Li to you? 

I'll be wearing a green mask over my mouth, I won't show my face to who you bring down to the valley. I know I will be taken back if you bring my cousin with you and my aunt. I don't want to go back with them, I don't want to say this in person with you...but I love you.

-Xiao Mei Feng

我最亲爱的鲁汉,

我不知道为什么,我看了你的桌子上的纸,我不是那个意思读类似的东西。而且,我不是故意要读的妹妹李梅丰的写作,这是在墙上。这不是你的错,但它是我的,我不应该阅读这是墙上的纸。我知道你是怎么想的姐姐李。我会给你一个提示,如果你看到的雕刻和岩石周围的一些金鱼草的花石头,我会在附近一个结冰的湖面与我身边的百合。我想问问你,你看我像姐姐李给你?
我会穿着一件绿色的面具戴在我的,我不会让我的脸给你带来谁下到山谷。我知道,如果你把我的表妹与你和我的阿姨,我将被收回。我不想回去和他们在一起,我不想说这个人在与你......但我爱你。
 
肖眉峰
"I should leave the letter here when he finds this house." she replied, placing the brush on the table. Luhan looked everywhere in the woods, he looked at the valley. 'Could she be there?' Luhan thought, 'There should be a clue somewhere.' Luhan runs close to the edge of the valley, he turns to the right and sees the carving on the rock. 
Words for my lover, Luhan...I am living on the bottom of the mountain. I don't know if you can find me down there, I'm dwelling down here for a while. Please forgive me for what I've read, don't be mad at me.
寄语我的爱人,鲁汉...我住在山脚下。我不知道,如果你能找到我在那儿,我蜗居下来这里一段时间。请原谅我什么,我读过,不要生我的气。

"Snapdragon flowers," he replies, "She must be down there." "Gege, don't go down there!" a little girl shouts. Luhan turns around, his foster sister was there, "Ai Chen, what are you doing here?" Luhan asks. "Gege, you can't die," she replies, "You are the prince of the wolves how can our clan lose the last prince? And, how can our clan move on without our prince?" Luhan doesn't answer to her question, he jumps down the valley in order to find Hyun Jung. "Gege!" Ai Chen shouts. Luhan fell in a frozen lake, he got out of the water and found a wooden house that had snapdragon flowers in the yard. "Mei Feng?" he asks, lifting himself up to land. He runs to the front yard, then Luhan enters the house and finds a letter on the table. "Mei Feng, did you leave me already?" Luhan asks. Luhan walks to the table and picks up the letter, he starts reading the letter and runs outside. "Mei Feng!" he shouts, "Where are you!?" Hyun Jung hears Luhan shout and she plays her wooden flute, "Wolves with the Guardian?" he asks, listening to the beautiful sound of music. 

Luhan runs to another frozen lake, where Hyun Jung was standing there, playing the flute. "Mei Feng!" Luhan shouts again. Hyun Jung takes off her mask and drops it into the frozen lake, "Luhan..." she replied. Luhan walks to Hyun Jung and embraces her tightly, "I don't want you to be away from me," Luhan replies, "I can't live a day without you at all." Hyun Jung's arm starts to get more pain, Luhan unwraps the cloth and realizes there was poison in his claws the night he scratched her. 'Crap!' Luhan thought, 'That night when I scratched her, I have forgotten that I had poison on my claws, dang it!'  Luhan knew the cure for the poison that was on his claws, he made a cure that cleared wolf poisons. "Just stand still," replies Luhan, "The medicine can sting a little." "Okay, but can you be a little gentle?" she asks. Luhan nods at Hyun Jung, he kept on thinking about his first love that betrayed him. 'Luhan, what are you thinking?' he thought, 'I can't think about her anymore!' After he places the medicine on the scratch, Luhan sits on the bamboo bed with Hyun Jung. Luhan grabs a jade necklace from his pocket, "I bought this necklace at the market today," Luhan replies, "It will repel bad luck, and you'll be heathy, this necklace will show people that you're in the wolves' hands." "Don't you have a necklace too?" she asks. "I have a moon necklace," Luhan replies, "In our clan, the boys get the moon necklaces and the girls get the jade necklaces."

During the night, Luhan and Hyun Jung decided to stay down in the valley for one night, so they did so. "Where did you find this little baby girl?" Luhan asks. "I found her at the bottom of the valley," she explains, "I didn't have the heart to leave her alone." "Have you came up with a name for her yet?" he asks. "I decided to name her Yue Xiang." she explains, holding the baby girl. "She's just a child, I can't let such a thing hurt a small child like this," Hyun Jung replies, "Plus, she got abandoned, she's going to be with us." Luhan nods at Hyun Jung, he decided to buy Yue Xiang a necklace tomorrow morning when they return to the village.

...Back at the village that one night...

"Mom! Dad!" Ai Chen shouts from a distance. "Ai Chen, what's wrong?" her mother asks. "Gege jumped to the bottom of the valley!" she explains. "What?" her father asks, "Why did he kill himself? He knows that his life is more important than anyone elses." "He wants to be with his lover," Ai Chen replies, "He can't live a day without his lover at all!" "Prepare the troops," her father replies, "We're going to look for the Prince!" 

(Gege means: Brother)