Chapter 04

A Wolf's Heart

The next morning, Luhan and Hyun Jung were climbing up from the valley. Before they were going to climb up the mountain, Hyun Jung made a Chinese baby carrier so it'll be easier to go up the mountain without carrying the baby in her arms. Once Hyun Jung and Luhan got to the top of the valley, the troop of wolves were there. "What the hell is this?" he asks. "Luhan, get rid of her now." his father replies, pointing the sword to Hyun Jung. "I was expected to get a wife for my family," he explains, "I know I'm not allowed to love women, but I love her!" "We know you love her, but sometimes you just have to let her go." his mother explains. "If you won't accept her, then I'm not part of the wolf clan anymore!" Luhan shouts, "And, don't ever call me your son or your gege anymore!" Luhan takes Hyun Jung's hand and ran from the troops, "After them!" his father ordered. Luhan then transforms into a wolf, he told Hyun Jung to ride on his back with the child. "Hold onto Yue Xiang tightly," Luhan growls, "I'm going to run at full speed." A poison arrow shoots out of nowhere, Hyun Jung got shot by the arrow that shot her. Luhan turns back into a mortal, he realized that Yue Xiang was left, he did not see Hyun Jung anywhere. Luhan took Yue Xiang and ran farther and farther until he reached another place.

"What shall we do with her?" a soldier asks. "We'll give Luhan fifteen days to find her," his father replies, "The poison is going to last for a month, so he'll find her in time." Hyun Jung starts getting weaker each time she breathes, "Such a beauty," his father replies, "no wonder why Luhan loves her." Luhan pants once he reaches towards an abandoned tree house, "I guess I can live here for now." Luhan replied. He climbs up the latter carefully without dropping Yue Xiang, once he got to the tree house, he fell asleep. The very next day, Luhan asked an elder to watch over Yue Xiang, "Xie xie," he replies, "I need to find my wife since she got kidnapped." "Don't worry, I'll watch over the child for you," she replies, "she'll be alright." Luhan leaves the tree house, he runs back to the village to find Hyun Jung. 

"Father!" he shouted, running towards the throne, "How can you do this to your foster son!?" "I never accepted you as my son," his father replies, "I know your foster mother accepted you, but I never did." "You only loved Ai Chen more than me," Luhan replies, "I already knew that you never accepted me as your son!" His father stood up from his throne, "How can you treat your father this way?" he asks, "I never treated you this way before." "I've been this way since you took my Li Mei Feng away from me!" Luhan shouts, "You killed Li Mei Feng since you didn't accept her as your daughter-in-law!" "I never accepted her since she bullied my Ai Chen!" his father protested. "JUST BECAUSE OF AI CHEN?!" Luhan screams, "MY XIAO MEI FENG NEVER DID ANYTHING TO AI CHEN AT ALL!" Luhan's mother walks over to him, "Son, please forgive your father." his mother replies softly. "I never accepted you since Ai Chen was born," Luhan replies, "You were never my mother and Ai Chen was never my sister." Luhan grabs a sword from the soldier's sword case and points the the sword to his father. "I will kill you now to avenge for my Xiao Mei Feng." he replies, walking with the sword. "Gege, don't kill dad!" Ai Chen shouts. Luhan didn't listen to Ai Chen, he walks up to the throne to kill his adopted father. "Luhan, don't kill your father!" his mother shouted. Luhan stabbed his father with one strike from the sword. "Dad!" Ai Chen shouts, running towards her father. Luhan walks over to Hyun Jung, who was suffering on the mat. He carries her in his arms and replies, "I am taking my leave, I am no longer in the wolf clan." Luhan walks away from the village then he returns to the tree house.

"Elder, may you please take out of the poison from my wife's body?" he asks, "She's been poison by my father's troops." "Sure thing," she replies, "I am the healer of my own village, I am willing to heal anyone." Luhan held Hyun Jung in order for the elder to heal Hyun Jung, once the elder had healed Hyun Jung, she took her leave. Luhan paid her yin since he had lots of graditude to the elder. Luhan gently places Hyun Jung on the bed, he places Yue Xiang next to Hyun Jung. 'I already have so many regrets throughout my whole life,' Luhan thought, 'I already killed my foster father, now I already betrayed my own clan, now what?' Luhan lies down on the bed, he didn't want to think about the death of his foster father, Hyun Jung wakes up from her long sleep, she realizes that Luhan was still up. "Luhan, come sleep," she replies, "It's really late." "I can't sleep," Luhan replies, "I killed my foster father to avenge for you." Hyun Jung couldn't say anything, she gets out of bed until she was about to faint. Luhan quickly runs to her aid, "Are you alright?" he asks, holding her. She shakes her head, he carries her back to the bed. "You should rest a little," Luhan explains, "An elder came by and just took your poison out of you." "Yue Xiang is okay, right?" Hyun Jung asks. "She's alright, I asked the same elder who helped you." Luhan explains. Luhan lies down on his pillow, he turned to Hyun Jung, who was already asleep.

The morning after, Luhan opens the window a little bit from the tree house, Hyun Jung was already awake and she was watching over Yue Xiang. "I really pity this child," Hyun Jung replies, "her parents aren't there for her and she's all alone." "At least the child is in our care," Luhan replies, "I'll accept her as my child with you." She hands Yue Xiang to Luhan while she starts cooking some food for Luhan and herself, some ricks were being thrown inside the tree house. It was the same elder from before. "Elder?" Luhan asks, looking out of the window. "I brought some soy beans!" she called out. Luhan goes outside and goes to the elder, "Elder, what else can I call you instead of 'Elder'?" Luhan asked. "My surname is Zhao," she replies, "you can call me Elder Zhao." "Xie xie, Elder Zhao," he replies, "you have my graditude." "My name is Zhao Ying," she replies, "whenever you need anything, please stop by Peach Blossom Village, which is in the West." "Xie xie Elder Zhao." Luhan replies, taking the bag of soy beans. Zhao Ying bows to Luhan and runs back to the West, Luhan crushes the soy beans and placed the soy milk inside a container. 

"I'm back," Luhan replies, "this is for Yue Xiang." Once Luhan got to the tree house, he dropped some kind of white cloth with peach blossoms on the cloth. "You dropped something," Hyun Jung replies, "isn't this cloth yours?" Luhan looks at the cloth, he saw that it was from his other wife. "That's mine," Luhan replies, "you need it just in case you get caught by one of the wolves." Hyun Jung pulls out another cloth that looks the same like Luhan's, "I guess my cloth can be for Yue Xiang." Hyun Jung replied. Luhan splits his cloth into two and gives hlaf of the cloth to Hyun Jung and he kept the other half. "You need to keep this in case you run into the wolves," Luhan replies, "I know that the wolves will take revenge for my father." "Prince! Come down!" someone shouts. "Shoot, the wolves are here," Luhan whispers, "I'll have to go down there." "No," Hyun Jung replies, "we promised each other that we'll live and die together." "You don't have to worry," he replies, "we have the cloths that Li Mei Feng made, once they see the cloths, then they will let us go." 

Hyun Jung carries Yue Xiang down the ladder, Luhan was there before Hyun Jung. "Those cloths..." one of the soldiers replied. "You still have those cloths?" his mother asks. Luhan didn't say a word, but he grabs onto Hyun Jung's hand and ran off. Luhan and Hyun Jung came across a cliff, "No matter what," Luhan replies, "We're going to jump." Hyun Jung nods at him, "Protect Yue Xiang," she replies, "she's our hope." Luhan nods at her, then, they hold hands and jumped down the cliff. "Where did they go?" the soldier asked. "Did they jump down?" Luhan's mother asks. "My queen, I don't think you should risk going down," another soldier replies, "they're going to die anyways." "But, he's my son," she replies, "how can I abandon him down there with that girl?" 

At the bottom of the valley, Hyun Jung and Luhan fell into an icy pool. Luhan gets out of the water with Hyun Jung in his arms, he placed her in a flower field. "Hyun Jung, wake up." Luhan replies, hitting her cheeks. Hyun Jung was coughing as she woke up, "Are you okay?" Luhan asks. "I'm fine," she replies, "the water is cold." Luhan looks up at the valley, the valley's height was about hundred feet high. "We should be safe down here together," Luhan replies, "as long as you're with me, then I'm happy." 

Back in Seoul...

"Minhee, have you seen Hyun Jung in the last couple weeks?" Minhee's mother asks. "Omma, she's been gone for over a month," Minhee replies, "I hated her anyways." Eun Jung hits her daughter with a bamboo stick, "How can you say that to her?" Eun Jung asks, "Hyun Jung is your cousin and her parents told me to take care of her. Go find her, if you don't find her, then you'll get beat by sundown." Minhee scoffs, she walks away from her mother and she lies down on her bed. "Finally, that little piece of crap is gone," Minhee whispers, "now I can party here." Eun Jung opens her daughter's bedroom door, she told Minhee to go find Hyun Jung or she wouldn't go partying for the rest of her life. 

Minhee walks in the woods, she looked everywhere for Hyun Jung in the woods. "Hyun Jung!" she shouts, "where are you!" 'Where the hell can that idiot be?' she thought, 'I've been looking for her for over an hour and yet there's nothing?' With that, Minhee gave up, instead of living with her mother, she decided to go party instead of looking for her cousin. "Forget about your cousin," one of Minhee's friends replies, "she was a jerk anyways." "I know, Min Jung," Minhee replies, "I've rather be with my friends instead of being with my stupid cousin."