Chapter 01

A Wolf's Heart

Hyun Jung sits on her desk on a cloudy day; it was still passing time. "Hyun Jung, are you alright?" asks her friend. "I'm fine, Sooyoung," Hyun Jung replies, "I got in a fight with my cousin last night." "Minhee?" Sooyoung asks. 'Minhee is so rude,' Hyun Jung thought, 'Minhee better stop being rude to me.' During class; there was a new student coming inside the classroom. 'She looks familar,' he thought, 'Have I met this girl before?' "You may sit by Minhee or Hyun Jung." the professor answers. Luhan walks to Hyun Jung, he looks at her innocent eyes as she working on her paper; he turns to Minhee, who's sleeping at her desk. Luhan didn't want someone that was sleeping next to him, so he took a seat next to Hyun Jung. During the rest of class; Minhee managed to be sleeping for the rest of the lesson until it was time to go. When Hyun Jung was about to leave the classroom, Luhan grabs a hold of her wrist. "You're Hyun Jung, right?" Luhan asks. "Yes," Hyun Jung replies, "Aren't you Luhan?" He nods, Hyun Jung sees Minhee waking up in the classroom, "I'm sorry," Hyun Jung replies, "I have to go." Hyun Jung runs from Luhan and she leaves him mindness. 

Right after school, Minhee had to stay after school for detention, Hyun Jung and Luhan ended up meeting. "When can I see you again, Hyun Jung?" Luhan asks. "Meet me tomorrow behind the school." she answers. During the walk home; it started raining, Luhan didn't have the heart to leave her alone, he places his coat on Hyun Jung. Luhan and Hyun Jung started bonding more and more, then they both kissed in the hard beating rain for ten minutes. Hyun Jung runs away from Luhan and she started crying after they kissed. Once Hyun Jung got home, her aunt was in the kitchen. "Where's Minhee?" her aunt asks. "Minhee got detention for sleeping in class." she explains. "Aiyah, she's always sleeping," her aunt replies, "Why must I have a daughter who sleeps in class?" Hyun Jung goes to her own bedroom to dry off her hair with a towel, then she touched her lips. 'Luhan?' she thought, 'Why did you do this to me?' After doing her homework, she decided to find Luhan in the woods. "I'm going for a walk," Hyun Jung replies, "I feel a little bored." "Alright then," her aunt replies, "Come back for dinner if you'd like." 

In the woods, Hyun Jung walks in the dark woods to find Luhan. There were gunshots that were there, "Luhan?" she asks, turning around. She starts running faster until someone covers with a drugged cloth. "Leave her alone!" Luhan growls. His eyes turned red as he saw Hyun Jung, 'Hyun Jung?' he thought 'Were you looking for me?' "Let her go," he replies, "I'll handle her." Luhan calls out for his wolves' to help him out. Luhan carries Hyun Jung on his back and quickly leaves the thugs. Luhan places Hyun Jung on a straw mat and he nurses her for most of the time, "How did I get here?" she asks, placing her hand on her head. Luhan comes inside the room to check on Hyun Jung, "Careful Hyun Jung," he replies, "You nearly got injured by thugs in the woods." "Do I have to stay here?" Hyun Jung asked. "Of course, you have to stay here," Luhan replies, "You can't go home, you need to stay with me forever." 

"Why do I have to stay here?" she asked. "My family wants me to get married, I want you to be my bride. But, these are my foster parents, I'm not supposed to like any girls." Luhan explains. Hyun Jung looks at Luhan, he then embraces her in his arms. "Your name will be changed to Mei Feng, it means beautiful wind." Luhan explains. Hyun Jung hesitates to his words, he then grabs a pair of Chinese clothes from his closet. "Wear these, you need to disguse yourself from the people here." he explains. Hyun Jung notices that Luhan was in Chinese clothes as well, he leaves the room so she can get changed. After she got changed into her pink Chinese dress, she went out to meet Luhan. "Luhan." she calls out quietly. He turns around, Hyun Jung was there in her pink dress. "From now on," he whispers, "Call yourself Mei Feng, forget your real name, okay?" "I promise." she whispers back. Luhan knows that he will cause a major taboo to his clan, but he still loved Hyun Jung dearly. Inside another room, that was the room Hyun Jung and Luhan shared together. "This is our room, we have to sleep on one bed together," he replies, "I know I will cause a major taboo to my family, but I guess I have to." "Luhan, where are you!" someone shouts. "Mei Feng, you better stay here, don't leave this room until I come back." Luhan replied, releasing Hyun Jung's hand. He leaves the room and Hyun Jung looks at the window, a teardrop falls down from her cheeks as she thinks about the death of her own parents.

~Hyun Jung's Flashback~

"Omma, Appa, don't go!" 

"My baby, survive, don't die..."

Those were her parents last words when they died, Hyun Jung cried while she was sitting on the grass while seeing her parent's die slowly. "Omma, stay with me, don't go without me!" Hyun Jung exclaims. "Go...find..your...aunt...Eun..Jung..." her father replies, weakly. "Appa, no." she whined. "Listen to your father...Hyun Jung....go...find...your...aunt...Eun..Jung." her mother replied, weakly. After her parent's death, she buried them before she went to go find her aunt. "Rest in peace, omma and appa." Hyun Jung replies, placing the bouquet of flowers to their stone. 

~End of Flashback~

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?" someone exclaims. After hearing someone shout, Hyun Jung was brought back to senses. She hesitates to answer the guard's question, the guard starts beating her to death. "STOP IT YOU IDIOT!" Luhan shouts loudly. The guard looks at Luhan, "My lord, who is this woman?" he asks. "Shut the hell up and leave her alone!" Luhan exclaims. "But sire...if you're with a woman, it's a major taboo to us." the guard explains. "I told you to shut up and get the hell out of here!" he exclaims loudly. The guard startles and leaves the room, Hyun Jung starts spitting out blood from . "Mei Feng, you're injuries are too severe," he replies, "Hold on, I'll ask a servant to get the village doctor." 

Once the doctor came in, Luhan's heart was beating two times faster. "She's alright, but keep her away from strong people." the doctor explains. "Xie xie." Luhan answers, giving the doctor yin. The doctor leaves the room and Hyun Jung starts to awaken, "Luhan, I'm gravely injured, how will I heal?" she asked. 

(Yin means: Silver and Xie xie means: Thank you)