jimin

The Girl In Black

C H A P T E R

Jimin

 


The young man’s eyes flutter open and he finds himself on the floor. Groaning, Jimin uses his arm to support his weight as he pushes himself back onto the bed. This was a familiar scene to Jimin every morning—the short man always fell off his bed whenever he had nightmares. Still half asleep, a wave of an exotic aroma hits him like a truck. Entranced and enticed, Jimin—and the other boys who caught onto the scent too—hypnotically travel outside of their rooms, down the stairs and into the kitchen.

 

There, they find little Jun serving plates of things they’ve never seen before, rich with color that varies between all the colors of the rainbow. All of their mouths start to water, stomachs growling.

 

The young girl notices them and eagerly beckons them to eat, a bright shine in her eyes. Everyone slowly falls out of their trance as they seat themselves, quickly digging in after a quick murmur of thanks. Jimin, who is finally aware of his surroundings, notices that Yoongi isn’t there. Deciding that that wasn’t important, Jimin’s line of focus falls onto the small girl quietly watching them eat.

 

Her short hair is tied back into a small ponytail and from Jimin’s seat, he could tell that there was some sort of red spice smudged onto her cheek. He doesn’t know whether or not he has the heart to tell her. The child seems to be pleased that they were all enjoying their breakfast or rather, her cooking.

 

“You should eat too.”

 

Jun has a startled expression on her face when she realizes that he’s talking to her.

 

“I- um- I ate already,” the flustered girl stutters and mumbles a string of incoherent words, a hint of pink rises to the tips of her ears. Jimin feels his heart crumbling away at the adorable child.

 

Pulling out a napkin, the older man leans over the table and wipes off the powder from her face. He murmurs something along the lines of take care of yourself better or watch yourself but he says it so quietly and quickly that even he isn’t sure that he said it at all. Jimin smiles, amused as he watches the girl become even more flustered and her failed attempts at saying thank you.

 

 


 

Today is going to be something, Jimin realizes, when he’s listening to Namjoon—the leader is wearing a serious, tense expression—give out a long list of orders. He has his arms crossed and it makes the shorter man begin to feel uneasy. Jimin shivers in his seat, feeling the tension crawl up his back. Instead of Yoongi’s usual resting face, he has a small frown on his face and intently listens to what the leader is saying.

 

“—and you, Jimin,” Namjoon announces, turning the rear view mirror to look the younger one, straight in the eyes. “Take the girl to the restaurant. We can’t traumatize her with this,” the man adds. “You, Jungkook—”

 

“Can I go with Jimin?” the boy interrupts, “it’s early enough. If we hurry, we’ll still be able to start in time,” he adds quickly, swallowing, all of a sudden looking small and scared. Jin’s pupils dart between Namjoon and Jungkook, an anxious expression on his face as he calculates the possibilities.

 

Jimin looks over to Jungkook to give him a small smile, fairly certain that no one in Jungkook’s place would be brave enough to test Namjoon’s patience on a day like this.

 

“She doesn’t know that many people here. She’s going to be so scared,” the young man explains, looking hopeful. Nice one with the guilt trip, Jimin nods in acknowledgment.

 

The leader closes his mouth, almost in confusion, as if he is actually considering whether or not he should let the two go together. He shifts his gaze onto Jin, silently asking it would be alright with the plan. With an uneasy look, Jin reluctantly nods, confirming that it was doable.

 

Jimin watches as Jungkook takes in a breath and waits for the leader to respond. It’s quiet.

 

Namjoon nods.

 

Jungkook yells in victory, pumping his fist in victory. Namjoon just shakes his head, a smile stretched across his face as everyone starts laughing.

 

Suddenly the door of the car slides open and the girl looks inside the van, curious. All of the men jump, instantaneously freezing, drowning the vehicle in silence. They rarely agree on a topic right away, but this time they didn’t argue—the girl shouldn’t know anything about what they are doing, for her own safety. Not that they care or anything.

 

Jun eyes them, slightly confused at the sight of five men sitting closely with stern expressions on their faces. The small girl then blinks and smiles, deciding not to mind it too much.

 

“Why are you guys all huddled in a car like penguins?” she cutely questions, tilting her head slightly. Yoongi snickers.

 

Hesitantly, Jimin begins to speak, “um, Jun, do you want to go somewhere today? It’s going to be really fun!” he says instead of replying, carefully avoiding the topic and desperately trying to sound excited.

 

They don’t know how they managed to do it, but the child nods excitedly, not a single doubt in her mind. A sense of relief fills all of them, they fooled her this time.

 

 


 

They’re headed to a restaurant called Misaeng, a small, local place owned by two step-brothers—good friends of certain slightly illegal groups of people, Namjoon’s group in particular. They know whose secrets to keep and who's to spill without attracting any unnecessary attention—it’s no wonder why their restaurant was the first place to come to Namjoon’s mind as trustworthy.

 

Jimin, however, knows what kind of people Hoseok and Taehyung are—experienced enough to be worried about the girl and her possible psychological traumas after spending a day there.

 

The girl however, remains clueless and continues to be extremely elated about the “trip”.

 

“We’re going on an adventure, Kookie!” she exclaims, looking out the window with a bright smile. The poor child has no idea what exactly lies ahead. Jimin can only smile at her naive and innocent nature through the rear mirror.

 

“Of course! This is going to be great,” Jungkook replies, playfully turning back from his passenger seat on the front and ruffling her hair. Jun giggles and quiets down for a couple of seconds before all hope for a nice peaceful silence is lost and the hyperactive child is speaking up again.

 

“Are we there yet?”

 

“Hold on, Junnie, we’re almost there!” Jungkook enthusiastically exclaims again while Jimin stays quiet, focusing on the road instead. Jun nods understandingly, although it’s the twenty-second time she asked. The girl repeats the same question two minutes later and gets a similar reply from Jungkook.

 

Fortunately, she falls asleep after approximately by the thirty-eighth time. Not that Jimin was keeping count or anything because who does that right?

 

They arrive in twenty minutes. Jimin leaves the car and looks around, taking in the place meanwhile Jungkook slides into the backseats to wake up Jun. The building gives off a homey and warm vibe and there’s a fresh pastry scent that lingers. Basically, an average family restaurant—all of it except for multiple small paper cut outs of Hoseok’s infamous derp face that was taped repeatedly on the doors. Jimin knows that there is probably a story behind those pictures, just like there is a story behind everything in the brothers’ lives, but he never bothered to ask.

 

Jun groggily walks between Jungkook and Jimin, holding both their hands as they stroll into Misaeng. Jimin lets her hand go—oblivious to the disappointment on the girl’s face—to go talk to Taehyung.

“Jiminnie~~~~~~~ It’s been so long! We got your call and we’re so happy to babysit this little cutie pie!!” Taehyung exclaims throwing his arms around said man. Jimin sighs and quietly pats the other man on the back. Taehyung is a more touchy feely type of man. The two men continue to chat with casual talk, with the occasional hug from Taehyung. Meanwhile, Jungkook and Jun are having an adventure of their own, running around the restaurant, chasing each other.

“Ayy chimchim!” Jimin’s head whirls around when he sees Hoseok walk into the restaurant, carrying large boxes that had the words FIREWORKS scribbled across it. Jungkook and Jun return from their little game, both panting with smiles on their faces. The young boy happily greets the older male. When all of a sudden, Jimin feels a dark, ominous vibe emitting from the man standing beside him.

 

Worried, Jimin opens his mouth to ask if Taehyung was okay but the latter kept staring at the man who entered so intensely,  Jimin decided that it is better to not.

 

“Hoseok, are those what I think they are—”

 

“OH MY GOD IS THAT THE KID, LIKE OH MY GOSH!” Hoseok interrupts loudly, causing all the customers to turn around at the commotion. However, they all go back to their own business when they realize that it’s just Hoseok; all of their customers were regulars.

 

Taehyung gives the other man the stank eye, crossing his arms. Jun, however, has no clue what war was going to commence. Jimin and Jungkook quietly slip out of the picture, leaving the poor child behind as Hoseok begins to sweat profusely.

 


 

A couple hours later, after the duo come back from Misaeng, the mood in the group changes completely. Yoongi stayed in the house, like usual, taking care of the security cameras and Jungkook went off to do his part. Jimin and Namjoon are the only ones left in the van, waiting impatiently for something, anything to happen. Meanwhile, Jin was in another van on the other side of the block, doing his own thing.

 

Originally, Jungkook was supposed to befriend—or something along those lines—the target, a man in his early thirties, an owner of a hair salon not far from their house. Rumor has it, that he’s the mole who’s been selling some information he shouldn’t. For the past couple of weeks Jungkook has been trying to get closer with the man—today he would visit the salon to get a haircut and easily ask the owner to join him for lunch at “that really good restaurant two blocks away from the salon”.

 

Of course, taking a shortcut through a totally not suspicious alleyway would be easier and faster. The target will be talking to Jungkook and won’t even notice anything until two cars block the exits. That’s the plan at least.

 

For the past hour, the group has been waiting for Jungkook to give them a signal, a text or a call. Yet, there was nothing.

 

After seeing Namjoon check his phone over and over, obviously having nothing to do, Jimin just smiles and pulls out a deck of cards.

 

“Full house,” Namjoon smirks, laying out his hand. Sighing in disappointment, Jimin shoves the pile of change and a couple of mints toward the leader. All of a sudden, when Namjoon is basking in his victory, the former’s phone begins to play his tacky ringtone.

 

Picking the phone up immediately, Jimin swipes to answer the call, causing both him and Namjoon to become silent.

 

“Yeah, sorry Agust, I’m gonna be late. I’m going out to eat.. Okay, bye!”

 

The two men share a startled look before they both scramble to get in position. Pushing his seat back up, Namjoon quickly informs Jin through the walkie talkie that Jungkook gave them the signal. Jimin digs out his binoculars out of his bag and rolls down the window.

 

“Yeah yeah, get in position.” There's a lot of static before a response came.

 

“Okay, I’m in position,” more static, “are you sure it’s fine I’m alone?”

 

Unhesitant, Namjoon quickly reassures the older man that it’ll be fine. The sound of static and high pitch noises suffocates the too small car.

 

“I see him, I see him!” Jimin lets out a breath he didn’t know he was holding, “he’s walking with Jungkook—they’re almost in!” Jin continues, reporting from the other side of the alleyway. Namjoon consoles Jin yet again, when the man begins questioning his own safety. Jimin doesn’t know how their leader could have so much patience.

 

“He’s in—” Jin barely has time to finish the last syllable when Namjoon interrupts him.

 

“Go.”

 

On sync, the two vans start their engine, driving down the road before instantaneously blocking off the two exits of the alleyway. Jimin slides the door open speedily, jumping out to the sounds of one very confused and angry man. Jogging towards his friend and their victim, Jimin high fives Jungkook when he sees that the younger successfully handcuffed the old man.

 

“Nice one!”

 

“WHATS GOING ON, I DEMAND TO KNOW—”

 

“Thanks~ By the way, do you think that Jun’s okay with V and—”

 

“—LET ME GO THIS INSTANT!”

 

Annoyed, Jungkook turns to the old male—who was dressed in a very nice suit—and stuffs a handkerchief in his mouth, quite literally shutting him up.

 

Namjoon kneels down to the man, who was currently livid, “we know about you and EXOM’s little deal.” The man quiets down and turns as white as a sheet of paper.

 

Smirking in victory, Namjoon harshly jabs at the man’s forehead, laughing, “did you really think you could get away with it? Huh?” he pokes again, “we can’t let you get away with that, now can we?” the poor man quickly realizes what was going to happen and starts screaming, hastily shaking his head. He looks like he was going to cry.

 

Namjoon’s face then becomes devoid of any emotion and stands up. The leader heads back towards their van and along the way, he pats Jimin on the back, whispering something in his ear.

 

“Go crazy.”

 

With those two words, an eerie smile creeps onto Jimin’s face that sends a shiver down Jungkook’s spine. The man is screaming louder now, tears streaming down his face, but this was the type of street where no one would pay any attention.

 

“Jungkook, pass me my knife.”



A U T H O R ' S N O T E
we’re back~! um so it’s kpopkdramagirl here up in this hizzy, so imma go on a trip for like five days so content might be a bit slow D; ay yo its SWAGSTERSUGA_69!!!! inspired by augst d(as in the album) we’re writing some really sad and depressing stuff so we’re giving you a heads up:D also, whos a little scared by jimins little um... moment..? o.o
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)