jun

The Girl In Black

C H A P T E R

Jun

 


A kind man, who called himself Jungkook, offered to help set up her room. He has fluffy brown hair—Jun checked it herself—and cutely reminds her of a bunny. Jungkook was the only one out of all the other guys to actually initiate conversation with her, making Jun’s day slightly better. The petite girl follows the man as he carries box by box up and down the stairs, truly enjoying his presence.

 

“My favorite turtle is Donatello!” she chirps, skipping steps on the stairs to catch up with the kind man.

 

Laughing, Jungkook steps into Jun’s room, setting down the third box. “Donatello’s cool, but I like Raphael, he’s pretty awesome,” the young man replies casually. Jun continues to follow Jungkook down the stairs, rambling about the cartoon excitedly.

 

Never ever, had anyone shown the same love for that show, like she did.

 

After half an hour—Jungkook had some difficulty transporting her bookshelves up the stairs—her room is finally set up and all personalized to her taste. All of her bookshelves are lined up against the wall, two cardboard boxes b with books—that would later be organized—set aside next to them. She was slightly afraid, to be honest, of the moment when Jungkook sees her clothing neatly folded inside a box and of the questions he might have. Even that, however, went smoothly—the man did not question her ten identical black dresses along with her ten white button up undershirts and her twenty white lace socks.

 

Clapping happily, Jun beams at Jungkook, who is sitting on her bed, wiping off his sweat from a hard day’s work. To say that she is pleased would be an understatement.

 

“Thank you kookie~” she cooes, using her nickname for him. Climbing onto the bed, the young girl kneels and gives him a quick peck on the cheek.

 

Jungkook freezes, shocked.

 

Jun thinks that he’s acting shy and embarrassed, so she giggles. Leaping off the bed, Jun tugs at the statue-like-man’s sleeve, beckoning him to help her categorize her books. Mindlessly letting the girl pull him over to the bookshelves, Jungkook goes into a daze, deep in thought. They both sit down as Jun opens the first box, removing her books, b with fantasy and adventure, to the floor in front of Jungkook.

 

Once she’s finished with the first box, she notices that Jungkook wasn’t paying any attention and frowns. “Kookie? Kookie~ Earth to Kookie!” she waves her hand in front of his face. Finally snapping out of his daydream, Jungkook focuses back on reality.

 

“Huh? Oh, yeah? We’re organizing books, right?” he rubs the back of his neck sheepishly, “sorry, i kind of blanked out for a moment,” he gives the young girl a small smile in apology. Jun forgives him and instructs him on how the books would specifically be placed.

 

What Jun doesn’t know is that never, ever had someone treated Jungkook so warmly.

 

Jungkook ruffles the child’s short, dark hair. Jun laughs, standing up to mess with his hair too. Maybe he could learn to like the kid’s stay here after all.

 


 

The next day Jun wakes up in her room feeling  very pleasant—everything is finally set up and her room is looking more homey than before, almost as nice as the one in the mansion. The young girl doesn’t feel that scared anymore, especially now that she has a friend here. Among the scary looking, fighting rude men that don’t care about living in a house that resembles a pig sty, who would’ve thought?

 

Carefully, the small girl gets dressed and goes downstairs for breakfast. When she is at the entrance of the kitchen, she sees all the boys already there seated, some already eating. There’s one chair left, at the end of the table, beside another guy who’s name she keeps forgetting—but he has black hair and dark eyes and he is significantly shorter than the other men. He looks innocent enough, but Jun is not sure if she trusts them entirely. Awkwardly, she climbs onto her seat, recalling yesterday night’s events.

 

When Jungkook returned to her room after being called down by his friends, Jun curiously asked him, “is something wrong?”

 

“Just dealing with a problem,” Jungkook sounded weird saying that last word and she later understood why. The shooken up man then told her to get some sleep and left the room. Not a second later, Jun could hear screaming coming from the floor below. Right at that moment, she all of a sudden transformed into the living embodiment of the whole Scooby Doo gang as she rushed out of her room and "sneaked" down the stairs towards the commotion.

 

The clueless child saw the other group members file out of the basement door—Jungkook and the leader, carrying her problematic babysitter, who was unconscious, on their shoulders. A man with dark, raven hair is the last to come out of the basement and locks the door behind him. All of the guys looked exhausted and panicked and she noticed how the silver haired guy, the mean one, wasn’t with them.

 

Jun couldn’t make out much before Jungkook noticed her presence after setting Jin down on the couch and forcefully made her turn back and go upstairs, leaving Jun confused and unsure of what she just saw. But she definitely

 

Namjoon rummages through the three paper bags, golden arches printed on them, bringing Jun back to the present.

 

“Alright, a big mac for you, an egg mcmuffin for you,” the leader continues to hand out everyone’s orders. Meanwhile, Jun is absolutely confused, “and here’s a kid’s meal for you.” The man places a small box decorated with drawings and characters in front of Jun.

 

The young girl’s never heard of these strange dishes—she pokes at the box silently, confused, before confirming that it is harmless. Slowly opening the box, the smell of grease and oil and cooked meat swirl around the child. Gagging, she quickly pushes the box away from her, gaining everyone’s attention.

 

“You don’t like it?” Jungkook asks, voicing out the thought that was on everyone’s mind. The men look confused because, doesn’t everyone love McDonalds?

 

Looking at all of them dead in the eye with a blank face, Jun plainly states, “I’m vegan.”

 

Everyone falls into a pit of hysteria and madness when it’s finally revealed what had happened to all of their missing meat and cheese.

 


 

After breakfast, Jun hopelessly looks around the house trying to find her only friend. After searching the first floor—she didn’t bother to check the second—Jun decides to head down to the basement. Unsure if it was a good idea or not, the small girl quietly and slowly opens the door to the third floor, closing it behind her as she ventures down into the unknown.

 

At the bottom of the staircase, there is no one in sight. It was just a large room with walls that didn’t have wallpaper, wooden beams supporting the structure. The sight was something that would appear out of a comic or a crime mystery book she would often read. Ready to give up and intimidated by the ominus vibe emitting from the cheap light bulbs that dangle from the ceiling, Jun almost heads back up of the stairs. Then she hears a deep voice—which she recognized as the man who picked her up a few days ago—resonating from the door across the room.

 

The eight year old hesitates whether or not to check behind that closed door. After her traumatic encounter with them the first time, Jun doesn’t know what type of evil she’ll see this time. Taking a deep breath, the small girl steps off of the stairs and quickly tiptoes over to the door. Without any second thoughts, she turns the knob and shoves the door open.

 

"What if we move this over here?”

 

“No no no, see this represents us and that represents the salon. That would totally expose Jungkook’s position.”

 

The leader and Jin are talking very fast, moving figurines on a map that is spread across a table. Jun spots Jungkook arguing with the grumpy, mean man at the other side of the room. No one seems to notice that someone opened the door or that she is even there. Grateful for that, Jun timidly makes her way over to Jungkook, who is engrossed with his dispute with the silver haired man to notice the little girl coming up behind him.

 

“Kookie?” she gently pulls at the end of his shirt, surprising the young man. Turning around, Jungkook’s eyes widen.

 

“Jun? What are you doing here? Hang on Suga hyung.”

 

The sinful man grunts in return and walks away to the other side of the room where he slumps into his seat. Jun is amazed by the amount of computer screens on the wall above Yoongi’s desk but quickly turns her attention back to Jungkook.

 

Her friend kneels down to meet eye level with her, “Jun, is something wrong?”

 

Mustering all of the cuteness that she can, the young girl folds her hands in front of her, adorably swaying side to side, “Can we go grocery shopping?” Jun cutely asks, batting her eyelashes for good measure. It always worked on her old man whenever she wanted to do something that he was strongly against. Jungkook’s heart feels attacked by the level of adorableness but calms himself.

 

“Grocery shopping? Why?”

 

“There’s nothing in the fridge except for some evil looking apples I found in the corner,” Jun huffs, pouting.  The girl stares at her shoes and then looks up at him with big puppy eyes. Not able to cope with the large mass of cuteness, which was Jun, Jungkook stands up and sighs, scratching his head.

 

“I’m kind of busy right now but,” Jungkook scans the room and calls someone by the name of Jimin over. Jungkook quickly introduces them to each other, “Jimin can take you, alright?” Before Jun even got the chance to respond, he evaporates into thin air and is suddenly standing beside Yoongi. Jun feels disappointed.

 

“Um, so..” Jimin awkwardly starts, “where did you want to go?”

 


 

Eyeing a Kellog’s box of cereal that was on the top shelf, Jun silently nudges Jimin and points at the staple food. Sighing, the young man grabs the box without a problem and neatly—Jun had scolded him earlier for being messy—places it next to the other various, vegan food.

 

For the past hour, Jimin has been nothing but the young, innocent girl’s slave. Jun continues to happily skip down the aisle, the man with short, black hair pushing the cart behind her.

 

Jun continues to grab what seems to be, anything and everything that is vegan. The cart is nearly full now and Jimin can only wishfully hope that she is able to pay for everything because this was way above his pay grade.

 

Jimin clears his throat, “I don’t think that anyone in the house will be able to cook that,” he comments, eyeing some spices and other ingredients that he’s obviously never seen before in the cart. His words, however, don’t seem to faze the girl for a second.

 

“It’s okay, I know how to cook,” she says without even looking at him, now picking up some fruits and vegetables. “I’ll be making vegetable curry and some sweet potato beginnings for lunch!”

 

Then, she notices Jimin’s confused look and explains, “It’s a dish, my friend’s favorite. We used to take it with us for picnics and then he would always take the leftovers home to share with his wife and children!” she proudly brags.

 

Jimin is taken back by that last sentence, making Jun confused. Does he not want to hear about my life and my friends? Should I stop bothering him? the young girl thinks to herself, suddenly self conscious with her behaviour.

 

“Sorry,” Jimin says, looking sincere, and smiles. “It’s just… how old was your friend?”

 

“He turned sixty-seven in August! We celebrated his birthday, and I baked a huge cake, and we bought so many candles!” Jun replies excitedly, remembering all the happy moments. “I even got to play with his children, they were all older than me but they’re really nice!”

 

Jimin comes to a halt, thinking about what she told him carefully, “but… wouldn’t your parents be against you being friends with him? You know, he is not exactly,” he coughs, pausing for a second, looking for the right word, “your age group.”

 

Turning to face him, the young man immediately notices the dark expression on Jun’s face. “I don’t play with other kids,” she explains, causing unexplained guilt to flood Jimin, “besides, he’s my friend,” Jun frowns, hands on her hips, while Jimin quickly apologizes—she can almost sense how he feels bad for her and she doesn’t like it.

 

“By the way, can we get that bunny stuffie?” the eight year old exclaims suddenly, pointing at a toy in the other section of the store. “It reminds me of Kookie!”

 

Jimin smiles gently and starts laughing at the comparison. He has to admit, it does.

 

“Yes, of course we can.”

 


 

The two safely return home, except for Jimin who is currently in a state of shock of the memory of Jun handing the cashier a giant wad of cash from her small purse. He didn't ask questions. The young man travels back and forth from the car and the house, the amount of groceries overwhelming. Meanwhile, Jun slowly begins to set up the kitchen, somehow not noticing the many pair of eyes watching her every move.

 

The other members are not-so-secretly staring in amazement from the living room, not bothering to help Jimin. Jin is watching from behind the couch, while everyone else is sitting on chairs. Yoongi however, is huddled comfortably in the basement, observing everything through his cameras.

 

After half an hour, everything is in place and the kitchen seems to shine, happy to be back in it’s former glory. Jun ascends the step stool and ties the apron into a bow behind her.

 

Pulling the cabinets open, she reaches to take out the brand new measuring spoons, but pauses and tilts her head in confusion. The young girl, spending her third day at the small house already, has grown used to the security cameras placed in every corner.

 

She didn’t know, however, that there are also microphones.

 


 

“I found it in one of the cabinets,” she says and passes the miniscule device to Jimin. The young girl notices his face contort in confusion. “I think it fell off,” the girl adds, feeling the need to explain herself.

 

“Thank you,” the man replies, taking the mic, looking just as lost, but now there’s something else to the expression—is that anger?

 

“Excuse me, I need to go check on something. Just continue cooking, alright?”

 

Jimin leaves the girl standing there, left wondering what was going on. The other men in the living room, who could hear their conversation due to the small house, have a good idea in mind who could be responsible. Jimin travels past them, Namjoon nods to the man as a sign of permission for whatever chaos might happen here. Jimin opens the basement door.

 

“Yoongi, get your up here and explain—”  The door slams shut behind him, blocking off the rest of the sentence.

 

Deciding that it is best to ignore whatever war that is going to happen downstairs, Jun turns back to her mixing bowl and cracks another egg.



A U T H O R ' S N O T E
yo yo yO! we’re back with another chapter :D this one is a biiiiit longer one (if u know what i mean) <-- that was SwagsterSuga_69, staying true to their name. anyways, if you enjoyed the chapter, comment down below and subscribe and dont forget to leave a thumbs up on the video :))))))))))) peace out girl scouts
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)