jimin

The Girl In Black

C H A P T E R

Jimin 

 


Jin stays behind to look after the girl as everyone produces absurd excuses to get out of the house, a disguisethat was much too obviousfor the stakeout that the group had planned some time ago. Taehyung and Hoseok called earlier that month to notify of some rumors going around about a mole in their organization from their customers at their restaurant.

 

Jimin can’t help but silently wish the innocent girl good luck and think about how Jin is probably more afraid of her than she is of him. He strolls out the door with the rest of the group, giving the girl one last glance. Her expression clearly displays that she feels lost and out of place.

 


 

Jimin sighs as he returns from the convenience store from across the street, hands full of bags containing various junk food.  Jungkook slides the door open for him, complaining how he took too long. Falling back into his seat, the warmth of the car heater tickles him.

 

Namjoon is sitting in the driver’s seat, watching the target’s home carefully. Meanwhile Yoongi is sitting in the front passenger seat, the chair slightly pushed back as the silver haired man sleeps soundly.

 

Jimin tosses Jungkook  a bag full of the young man’s favorite chips, Doritos. Jungkook smiles gleefully, hugging the bag full of calories galore. “Dude, was it really a good idea to let Jin watch her?” Jungkook laughs as he tears the bag open. Everyone knew it was a bad idea from the beginning to let Jin, the most paranoid person in the world, babysit a kid.

 

Jimin smiles knowingly,  “I bet twenty thousand won that he holed up in his room within the first five minutes,” he crosses his arm in confidence.

 

“C’mon, give Jin some credit,” Jungkook smiles, “I say ten minutes.” the brunette playfully jests, causing Jimin to chuckle, amused.

 

“Your lost, kid.”

 

Namjoon clears his throat. “Holed up or not,” he says, weaving himself into the conversation, “Jin has access to Yoongi’s security cameras that can watch her too. Besides, we don’t need him on this, it’s just a stakeout.” Jimin murmurs in agreement, Jungkook groans in distaste of the idea of a stakeout and Yoongi continues snoring peacefully.

 

The youngest  sighs dramatically, “Another stakeout? Why can’t we just watch them through CCTVs or something,” the youngest whines. Jimin has to admit, stakeouts are quite boringthey consist of staying up most of the night and substandard junk food.

 

Jimin grabs Jungkook, who is sitting beside him and gives him a noogie, “We’re not even staying there the whole night, you baby,” the youngest screeches, begging the older for mercy. Complying, he lets go of the brunette’s head.

 

The night is filled with them joking and having fun at first, barely watching the house but, as the hours pass by, it gets more quiet. Jimin looks around and notices the othersYoongi still snoring comfortably in the front seat, Jungkook’s head in the chip bag, sleeping peacefully and Namjoon playing Subway Surfers on his phone, occasionally glancing at the house every time he dies.

 

“Namjoon-hyung?”

 

“Yeah?” Namjoon answers nonchalantly, cursing under his breath as he slams into another train.

 

Jimin leans forward and rests his arm on Yoongi’s seat, “I think we should start heading home, everyone’s sleeping anyways and nothing’s happening hyung,” he points out. Namjoon looks around and sighs in defeat. Nodding in agreement, the leader puts away his phone and starts the engine.

 


 

On a summer night at two in the morning, the sun is already visible behind the dark shadows of buildings of Storybrooke, even though the navy blue house at the end of the street is still enveloped by the darkness. As Namjoon turns the key and twists the doorknob, something feels off, strangely awakening his mind that fell asleep in the quiet of the night.

 

The house looks normal, everything on the outside in place, and the birds are beginning to chirp

 

“The ,” he hears Yoongi swear loudly under his breath. Confused, Jimin looks inside.

 

This is not their house.

 

They must’ve been magically kidnapped into an alternate dimension where there is an identical house just like their own in every single way except for one tiny detail—it’s clean.

 

Every single surface in the house is sparkling and shining with different cleaning products and—holy there is a painting there—every inch of the floor spotless. The girl is there in front of them, dragging a garbage bag the size of herself towards five others lined up against the wall. The young girl doesn’t seem to notice the rest of them, peacefully continuing to do what she’s been doing for the past five hours.
 

Jimin turns around to see the rest of his friends, speechless. They all stare at their leader, looking for an answer. Namjoon shrugs to the rest of the group and mouths one wordJin. Brushing past them, the leader heads towards the child into the kitchen. The rest all follow like lost puppies, witnessing  Jun casually eating a slice of pizza in one hand and scribbling something onto a piece of napkin.

 

Namjoon clears his throat, “what exactly happened here?” Namjoon, the only one of the group who’s able to form an actual sentence, says and Jimin can’t help but be slightly jealous of how calm and collected the leader is. Jimin is currently having a mental breakdown at the sight of the abnormally, tidy house with the other boys. Jungkook is muttering gibberish under his breath and the only thing coming out of Yoongi’s mouth is a continuous string of curses, which are getting more creative by the second.

 

“er nuggets.”

 

“I cleaned up, obviously. The house was really, really messy,” she scrunches her face in disgust by the mere memory of it. “Although, I only got to clean the first floor,” Jun pouts in disappointment and Jimin doesn’t know whether or not to be glad or to be weirded out by the fact that this eight year old kid enjoys to clean. Yoongi doesn’t seem to be able to handle it anymore and leaves the kitchen.

 

“... okay,” the leader responds, looking incredibly lost, “and where was Jin when you decided to do that?” Namjoon had a good idea where the paranoid man is but decided to ask anyways.

 

Jun explains what happened after they left. “He ran screaming down the hall over there,” she points in the general direction, “and slammed the door behind him.”

 

As if Jungkook had finally come back to his senses, the youngest stops his mantra of complete nonsense. He stares at Jun with an anxious expression on his face and whispers in a quiet voice, “How soon?”

 

Startled by the abrupt interruption, Jun replies awkwardly, “ Um, about a minute or two after you left.”

 

All the color drained from the maknae’s face as Jimin eyed him like a predator would to a prey. “You owe me twenty thousand won,” Jimin whispers deviously in Jungkook’s ear, materializing behind him.  Jungkook starts crying as he opens his wallet. Grinning, Jimin snatches the bill from Jungkook’s hand in a blink of an eye.

 

Meanwhile, Namjoon and Jun continue their conversation about the cleaning she did, ignoring the situation that was currently happening behind them. The leader is amazed at how much the small girl got done in the mere six hours. Yoongi however is still in a blank mind state, wandering around the first floor, astounded by how not a single trace of noodle was left on the windows.

 

Jun tells Namjoon that the boxes filled with her possessions had been finally been delivered. The small child embarrassedly explained that she couldn’t lift them so she asked the “flying monkeys”—Namjoon later realized that she meant the delivery men—to leave the boxes at the front of the staircase.

 

Jungkook offers to help Jun bring up her stuff and set up her room. This makes the girl happy and the two exit the kitchen, somehow their topic of conversation becoming about her favorite cartoon.

 

“I think we need to check on Jin,” Jimin suggests to Namjoon, the blonde man was going to get a serious scolding from the leader later.

 

Nodding his head in agreement, Namjoon asks Jimin to check the first floor for Yoongi meanwhile he tracks up the stairs to check the silver haired man’s room. Jimin calls for Yoongi while walking around the living room, his hopes dropping after every empty room, his imagination giving him more and more ideas of what a shocked and angered Yoongi is capable of. Kitchen. Living room. Bathroom. By the time Namjoon comes back, shaking his head, Jimin’s already worried. This is not good at all. Giving up, the two head towards the basement door and hear muffled screams and maniacal laughter, and all of a sudden Jimin’s worst fears are coming true.

 

“I think we found him,” Namjoon can only sigh as they swing the door open and the screaming gets louder as they go down each step.

 

“YOU LET THE GIRL TOUCH OUR TRASH,” they hear the hacker scream from behind the door to their tech room.

 

Namjoon rushes to the door, knowing that Yoongi can get lethal when angered and slams the door open.

 

Jin is strewn across a table, Yoongi on top of him, choking the life out of him. The sight of a spilled can of beer next to them and Jin’s glasses cast aside at the other side of the room, is making the situation look even more chaotic.

 

Oh my ing god he’s going to kill him, Jimin realizes. Namjoon seems to read his mind and on sync, they both launch at the short, upset man. Jimin wraps his arms around the elder’s waist, trying to drag him away from Jin. However, Yoongi has a death grip on his victim, refusing to let go as he screams profanities. Meanwhile, Namjoon attempts to pry Yoongi’s hands off Jin’s neck.

 

“GET OFF OF ME PARK ING JIMIN, HE IS MINE,” Yoongi screams like a wild animal, a burning fire in his eyes. Jin wheezes, his life being squeezed out of him.

 

Namjoon and Jimin make eye contact.

 

On the count of three.

One,

Two,

Three.

 

Mustering all of his strength, Jimin yanks Yoongi as hard as he can. With a loud bang, the two men fall back, hitting the metal table behind them harshly. The table squeaks loudly, the sound of metal scraping against the concrete floor—they never bothered to renovate their basement floor— ringing through the room. The noise puts everyone under a spell and silence consumes the room.

 

Groaning, Jimin loosens his arms from Yoongi’s waist, his shoulder feels numb and the whole world is spinning. He feels something warm slide down his back.

 

“Oh .”



A U T H O R ' S N O T E
WHAT TIME IS IT??? SHOW TIME!!!!!! we’re back with a new chapter :D we hope you guys enjoyed it~(kpopkdramagirl) if you did, don’t forget to leave a comment to make us happy and motivate us to write more! :з (swagstersuga_69) ALSO BTW THE VERY ACCURATE DRAWING UP THERE IS THE BASEMENT :) 
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)