JINWOO X HAYOUNG

What Makes Your Heart Race?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Call me oppa “You know when girls tuck their hair behind their ears? That makes my heart race.”

**

Kim Jinwoo was certainly a bright and promising young lad. He was smart – he could understand and solve numerous complicated and mind-boggling mathematical problems without batting an eye. He was an engineering student, furiously studying and working hard in order to get into NASA. His brain was definitely and obviously exceptional.

He’s quite talented too. His voice was soft and warm; you could melt marshmallows whilst listening to his singing. He surely has the talent to be a great singer if he wanted to.

Also, his personality was rather appealing. He was kind to everyone and fairly respectful to anyone. He was cheerful, friendly, and gentle – he was obviously loved by people around him.

He was no pushover or weakling though. His looks may let people around him think he was fragile but Kim Jinwoo certainly was not. Equipped with exceptionally lovely doe-eyes and an extremely innocent face, the young lad was unexpectedly strong and rather capable of looking out for himself.

His built was tall and lean yet fairly toned. His muscles were well-defined and sturdy; he was the soccer captain during his high school days after all. Plus he had learned a few basic martial arts moves in order to protect his younger sister, Namjoo, when they were kids. He was remarkably fit and well-trained.

You could say Kim Jinwoo was the perfect man – good looking, smart, good personality, talented, and sporty. He was unquestionably every girl’s dream; both dry and wet to be quite honest. The young lad was obviously oozing with pheromones that no one could deny his status as a flower boy. He was, without a doubt, flawless.

Yet this was real life and in reality, nothing was perfect. Even for Kim ‘amazing’ Jinwoo. The exceptional and talented boy wonder had one flaw – an extremely cute and amusing flaw to say the least.

Kim Jinwoo had no sense of direction. He absolutely and regretfully lacked in terms of awareness towards the lay of the land. He was nicknamed “the wonder boy” by many but he was also, sadly, considered as “the forever lost boy” to most.

And this was how Jinwoo found himself after months of staying in the dorms at his university. It was the start of summer vacation and the doe-eyed male was excited to finally be with his family and friends, who he hasn’t seen for long period of time. Because of his excitement and maybe a little bit because of his grogginess, he got off on the wrong station.

He was supposedly to get off on the next stop but he confused the two stations and disembarked from the train a stop too early.

With his things and gifts securely stuffed inside his backpack, the boy wonder aimlessly wandered around the unfamiliar streets. He had been walking around for quite a while and he was starting to get exhausted. And he was getting hungry too.

He has now obviously given up on finding his way home. His phone was already on his hand, dialing the person he knew would surely save his troubled and yet again lost self.

That person finally and thankfully answered after three rings.

“Seungyoon-ah!” he greeted his old friend with a relieved sigh. The musical genius was a dear friend to the doe-eyed male. Even though the musician was younger, the two had become extremely close. They were in the same club during middle school and their personalities meshed perfectly well with one another.

Since then, Jinwoo had become Seungyoon’s unofficial best friend. Jung Eunji obviously and expectedly held the official best friend title.

“Oh, hyung! Have you arrived already? Namjoo said you’ll be coming home today,” the younger answered. Jinwoo sadly shook his head, even though he knew his friend wasn’t there to see it. “No, I’m actually lost,” he whined through the phone, his lips puckering into a slight pout.

The younger released a deep sigh on the other line. He should have seen this coming. The older may be close to perfection, but his tendency to get extremely lost was worrying. It was a good thing the musician had been well-trained to quickly adapt to these usual situations. He was obviously trained by the doe-eye’s family.

“Okay, hyung. I get it. Do you have any idea where you are right now?” he expertly asked while he grabbed for a pen and paper from his desk.

This was protocol and step one was to make sure where the older was.

Jinwoo carefully looked around at his surroundings and noted nothing was familiar to him. “I have no idea where I am,” he honestly answered the younger.

Seungyoon understandingly nodded his head. The older has always been like this so he was already used to it by now.

“Are there any convenience stores or cafes near?” he then asked.

Step two on rescuing the boy wonder when he has no clue on his location was to find a public and safe place where he could wait for his rescuer.

The older noticed a dainty looking café at the corner of the street. He nodded his head and gave himself a pat on the back. “There’s a café at the corner,” he answered again. The musician nodded in relief. “Okay, hyung. You know what to do,” he told the older.

Jinwoo walked towards the café and entered its doors. Various shades of pink greeted his eyes. It was a cute and lovely café with a nice aroma of coffee beans swirling around in the air. The space was small yet cozy – the café certainly has this warmth and refreshing feeling he knew customers would certainly love.

If he wasn’t so lost at the moment, the older would have liked to leisurely hang-out at the place. Maybe he could come here with his friends some other time. He’d tell Seungyoon to remember this café when the younger would come and pick him up. He then determinedly walked towards the cashier.

“E-excuse me miss,” he called out to the barista at the counter.

The barista was obviously female. She had long brown wavy hair which wonderfully cascaded down to her shoulders. The female slowly turned – well not entirely slow as in dramatically slow, but to Jinwoo it felt like the world had gone into extreme slow motion.

She turned around to face him, gingerly tucking her beautiful and seemingly soft hair behind her ears. Jinwoo’s heart started to beat in an awfully worrying manner.

*dugeun* *dugeun* *dugeun*

His heart went. He could hear it beat by beat, perfectly clear and rather loud too.

*dugeun* *dugeun* *dugeun*

Jinwoo thought he’s going to have a heart attack or some sort of heart failure because he was sure it’s strange for his heart to rapidly beat like a drum like it does during rituals or something.

His heartbeat was certainly odd right now.

*dugeun* *dugeun* *dugeun*

His heart went again. The doe-eyed male was seriously starting to panic.

“Hyung! Are you alright? Did something happen? Hyung? Jinwoo hyung!” he faintly heard Seungyoon scream from his phone. The female barista was looking at him too, expectantly and cautiously, as if the gawking doe-eyed male was some kind of mad man.

Jinwoo internally scoffed at this. He being crazy was incredulous but he was after all shamelessly staring at her and it was clearly disturbing her. She might have pegged him as a ert if he was honest. He instantly regained his bearings.

“Uhm,” he quickly cleared his throat. “Ugh. I’m honestly lost. My name is Kim Jinwoo and I promise you I’m not a bad person or anything. And uhm, I need you to talk to my friend here so he could come and pick me up,” he simply explained to her and swiftly handed his phone.

The barista looked rather apprehensive but she did take his phone and held it by her ear.

“Ah, yes?” she said as an awkward greeting. Jinwoo could somehow hear the musician talking on the other side and he obviously already knew what the younger was saying.

Take note, they’ve been in this situation countless of times in the past.

Nevertheless, he still craned his neck towards the female and tried to listen in to their conversation. The female was just nodding along to whatever Seungyoon blabbering though.

“Ah, I see! Is that so?” she softly exclaimed. She then looked at Jinwoo, a slight upward tug playing on the corners of her lips. A far cry from the suspicious look she adorned before. She rather looked amused to the doe-eyed boy.

“The café is called Pink Paradise,” she embarrassingly mumbled and told Seungyoon the directions to the café.

Jinwoo, dropping all pretense of being interested of his whereabouts, dazedly stared at the lovely barista.

She had big round eyes and long fluttering eyelashes. Her nose was small yet cute. Her cheeks were defined and were flushed with a lovely shade of light pink. He noted he liked the blush on her face. His eyes then wandered to her lips. A smile was plastered on her face as she continued to talk to the musician through his phone.

The older then decided the barista was the prettiest when she smiled. He won’t get sick of staring at her smiling face; he deeply and sincerely believed that. Her smile was so stunning and radiant to the doe-eyed male; the sun’s brightness would be put to shame beside her. The barista was simply glowing in front of him.

“Jinwoo-ssi,” she called him. Ah, even her voice was like sweet honey to the male.

He liked the way his name effortlessly and perfectly rolled out of her tongue.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter