SEUNGYOON X EUNJI*

What Makes Your Heart Race?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

As I've said, I deleted the previous story about Seungyoon & Eunji and decided to write a new one.

To everyone who had read their first story, this one is entirely different.

The first was terribly written imo and it gave no justice for my Yoonji feels.

Thank you for understanding and I hope you'd like this new chapter!

Love lots,

A

 

Song for you “I like girls with a lot of charms.”

**

Kang Seungyoon and Jung Eunji – they were the school’s inseparable pair.

They were each other’s best friend. They were childhood friends. Old neighbors in Busan and now high school students in Seoul; the duo’s quite a force to be reckoned with.

Known as musical prodigies, the pair had already made a name for themselves in their young age.

Jung Eunji was a brilliant singer. Dubbed as the ‘angelic siren;’ her voice incomparable in terms of range and technique. She could sing softly and soothingly like an angel then she could sing powerfully and captivatingly like a siren. She was undeniably one of the most talented.

The young songstress was already scouted numerous times but she respectfully turned them down. She wanted to finish high school as a regular student first. Many entertainment companies were still eyeing her though. She was certainly pegged for greatness in the future.

Meanwhile, Kang Seungyoon was a guitarist, lyricist, and composer. He could sing of course. He sings great to be quite honest but singing isn’t his forte. He’s more passionate with creating music than performing. He’s the type of guy who would always have a pen and paper near him along with his favorite guitar.

You would see him at the bleachers by the field strumming along to a random song or maybe even creating one on the spot. He had written and composed various songs. Many were already used by famous singers and groups; he was obviously an aspiring producer. Kang Seungyoon was nicknamed as the ‘musical genius’ and by far, he has not disappointed anyone with his skills yet. He was born and expected for greatness.

The ‘musical genius’ and the ‘angelic siren’ were highly praised and well-idolized in their school. They had many admirers and one of them was a certain first year student. She was cute and bubbly but pretty straightforward with her words. She had Seungyoon taken aback with her words.

“What?” the musician looked confusedly at the first year. “Perform in the music festival with you?” he asked her with furrowed eyebrows. The optimistic student firmly nodded her head. “Yes, oppa. Perform with me!” she beamed at him.

Seungyoon chuckled at the girl’s determination. “Namjoo-yah, I’m sorry. I can’t perform with you,” he apologized to her. He felt bad for turning her down. She was a close friend to him and very dear too. Plus, the first year was the little sister of one of his seniors. He felt terrible about rejecting her.

“Why?” Namjoo tilted her head to the side in confusion. “I asked Eunji eonni if you guys would be performing together again this year but she said you guys were not,” she lowly wondered to herself.

It was not low enough though. Seungyoon had heard her words and it piqued his ears. “Wait, what? Eunji said what?” he asked the girl in bewilderment.

Ever since their first year in middle school, the two had been performing in music festivals together. It had become their sort of tradition to be honest. They were the inseparable pair, the school’s musical duo – it was expected of them to perform together this year too. It would be their last performance as high school students so many were anticipating their performance. Plus scouts would be flocking during the festival and they’re expecting for them to perform together.

Seungyoon couldn’t believe his best friend has backed down on their tradition.

“When I asked if eonni would be performing with you again this year she said no…” the first year warily explained to her senior. The musician was obviously not aware his partner in crime had abandoned him. “She said she’s performing with someone else,” she curtly finished her sentence and looked hesitantly at Seungyoon.

The senior heavily sighed as he felt his head starting to ache. If Eunji wanted to perform with someone else, he thought the girl should have talked to him first about it. Finding out about things that concerns you by other people’s mouths wasn’t exactly the best way to know. He mentally cursed the songstress.

“Oppa?” Namjoo stared at him cautiously. She was starting to get nervous because she could see Seungyoon blowing off steam from his nostrils. The musician was obviously peeved.

Seungyoon turned to the young female. He softly smiled at her and assuredly patted her head. “If that’s the case, I’ll gladly perform with you then,” he told her.

Namjoo couldn’t believe her ears so she stared dubiously at her longtime crush. She has liked the musician ever since her brother had introduced him when she was in middle school. She had been infatuated with Seungyoon for a certainly long period of time.

The musician fondly chuckled at the disbelief clearly written all over her face. Times like this he’s reminded she’s definitely his senior’s younger sister. “Namjoo-yah, please take care of me, okay?” he pinched her cheeks.

She dazed off from her trance and swatted Seungyoon’s hand. “Yah! Oppa, I’m not a kid anymore,” she scowled at him. The senior simply cooed at her when she tugged her lips into a pout.

She might already be in high school but she still acts like a kid. Namjoo would always be their baby in his eyes to be honest. The first year was their group’s precious dongsaeng after all.

The bell then suddenly rang, signaling the end of lunch break. Seungyoon stood up from the bench they were sitting and looked at the first year. “Let’s talk tomorrow about our performance, okay? See you,” he told her before walking off towards the senior’s building.

His next class was actually free study so he could still wander around if he wanted to but there’s a certain issue that needed to be dealt with. Seungyoon doesn’t like it when he’s not told of anything, heck he hated it. So with hurried and annoyed steps, he walked towards the class next to his. He needed to talk to a certain person and he wanted to talk to her as soon as possible.

 

**

“Oh? Kang Mandu? What are you doing here?” the songstress asked as she saw her best friend standing by their class’ door. She approached the male with a large and a dazzlingly smile on her face.

Seungyoon was relieved to see their class was doing self-study. It was his chance to talk things out with his so-called best friend. He slightly glared at the approaching female.

“What’s wrong?” she asked him as she noticed his glare. “Did something happen?” she added. He huffed in annoyance and grabbed her hand. “Let’s talk,” he curtly answered.

The duo walked towards the empty staircase and simply looked at each other. Eunji was staring at the musician, confusion and worry in her eyes. She was puzzled with the way her best friend was acting. Meanwhile Seungyoon was carefully thinking of how or rather from where he should start his questions. He was obviously feeling troubled. He sighed in resignation.

“Did I do something?” Eunji warily asked when she heard him sigh. She gazed at him and searched his eyes for answers. He quickly looked away and bit his lip.

It was supposed to be him who’s supposed to be asking question and not the other way around. He was really getting annoyed.

“What do you think, Jung Eunji?” he sniped at her. The songstress was taken aback with the sudden anger in Seungyoon’s voice.

Her best friend was known for his endless nagging but he never really got seriously mad at someone. It seemed like she had something unforgivable for the musician to react this way. And she had a certain feeling to what it was.

“So Namjoo has asked you already?” she carefully prodded. Seungyoon turned to her then scoffed. “It’s funny how I was told you’d be performing with someone else by another person instead of personally hearing it from you,” he icily replied.

Eunji flinched at the tone. Her best friend was clearly angry with her.

“Yoonie-yah~ I was going to tell you, I swear! It’s just that Namjoo had-“ Her words were cut off by Seungyoon’s cackle. “Yeah, right. If you were really going to tell me, you should have told me when you were just thinking about performing with someone else!” he angrily spat.

The songstress’ patience was wearing thin now. “What’s wrong with you? I was about to tell you this afternoon about it but Namjoo had talked to you first! It’s not like I planned this for so long. I was just asked the other day and I gave my answer yesterday. Why are you so mad about, eh?” she fired back at him. She had started to get annoyed with her best friend.

Seungyoon pursed his lower lip in thought. To be honest, he wasn’t so sure why he was so pissed off with this whole performance thing. The music festival was just another chance for them to perform. The two of them could simply perform together somewhere else. He was quite confused why he suddenly got so annoyed.

“Who are you performing then?” he swiftly changed the subject, his voice turning gentler and softer. His anger was already disappearing.

Eunji was still peeved with him but she held on her temper. “I’m performing with Sungjoo,” she curtly answered him.

Seungyoon gaped at her. “He asked you? Or you asked him?” he inquired. Sungjoo was one of the first people he befriended when he first moved to Seoul. He was a great friend too. The thought of Sungjoo and Eunji performing together still didn’t settle well with him though.

“He was the one who asked of course,” she scoffed at his question.

The musician felt more confused. He wondered why the mid-fielder wanted to perform with Eunji. He was b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter